Ω Berserker FAQ Ω & Ongoing Community Knowledge Base

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Well don't thank me m8 this post is jsut a compilation of all the info/Qs everyone here is posting/answering so definetly a community post...

Logs.... let's post results of logs ..we need to find a log parser geared up for EQ2

We definetly need to see the evade/parry/block rate compared to dps for all 3 combos of weapons...once we get a parser..it will require several hundred rounds of combat to draw some conclusions.
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 11-19-2004 09:50 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Ritmo Guest

I posted this in the armor and quest post. Will post it here as well.

an Cathlan is near the Elddar Grove zone by a huge house outside opposite of the armorsmiths in the tents.
    The quest is progressive as mentioned, you are given one quest per piece of armor. So far I have done 4 and am on the 5th. Please be warned, the 3rd is an absolute nightmare if you dont know where you're going or with a good group. Here is what I remember....

Quest 1.
    You need to kill Caltoris knights. There are plenty up the plateau from the oracle tower by the docks. Can be soloed with care.
    Gnoll Tormentors. You need to kill all the gnolls by the tents and they will spawn. I did this outside of blackburrow, killing the runecasters and such with a fellow druid, while getting exp. The tormentors spawn with elders, 2 of each. Kill the elders first as they heal and nuke.

Quest 2.
    Kill Giant Kodiaks. These spawn by Windstalkers village, go to the north area by the cliff and there will be a nice spawn of these with some wolves and highwaymen around. They conned white Solo at 20.
    Kill broodtender spiders. These are found in black burrow. Go inside from the front, and into the second tunnel from your left, when you get to the bridge, jump into the water. When you reach land, you should see spider webs and dead gnolls, in the tunnel to your left the broodtenders spawn with a couple very weak hatchlings. I'd take a healer to do this, maybe another if your gear isnt up to date.
    Kill Grolven Chiptooth. You know him, hes that evil gnoll that roams outside of blackburrow. He's yellow UP UP at 20. Do him with a group. He doesnt hit too hard, but hard enough.

Quest 3. Inside Stronghold.
    Defiled Knights. These can be found at the stairway or by the chessboard. The stairway spawns 2-3 at a time, white con. The chessboard has a decent amount as well that come with priests.
    Defiled Crusaders. These are a pain, because I could never find more than 1 up at a time. If you know your way around SH, go to the pond room and up the left flight of steps. There is one in the room down the hall with a strongbox in there. Sometimes 2 will be up. They have a 10-15 min respawn, so go here, and then bounce to find more other mobs.
    Defiled Cavaliers. These are by far the hardest. I dont remember the directions to the room but they spawn in a room as single Group UP UP or in groups of 3s. They are yellow by the way.

Quest 4. Crypt of Betrayal.
    Scarabs. Soon as you zone in, these are there. They con white UP UP but they hit HARD AS HELL. They only come single and there are PLENTY of them. Kill away cause you need a lot.
    Shrillers. These bats are friggin nasty, i've seen them wipe out groups. But if you are contempt, you will do just fine. THey spawn in the zone in and the hallway.
    Restless Corpses. These are in the zone in and can be found down the hall to your left if I remember, when you get to the fork. Come in 2s and 3s. Evil and yellow con.

This is all I know for now, im doing 5 and 6 tonight.
  4. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Good Stuff, keep it coming.

I have been playing with trade skills this last week...so help me with the armor pieces as I have only been able to get three so far....stats are great!
  5. ARCHIVED-Thelvyn Guest

Thank you Ritmo good info....
  6. ARCHIVED-Oracle_Centurian Guest

Rigz started working on a EQ2 Log Parser (currently works for melee only and does not work for damage done by specials) and I have been tweaking it a little.

You can find it here.

http://ladyfauna.tripod.com/EQ2Parser/EQ2LogParser.exe

You will need the latest .net framework on your system, but if you use windows update this should not be a problem.
  7. ARCHIVED-Levijr Guest

Armor quest continued:

Armor Quest 4 reward - Qeynos - Hearth Forged Spalders - 122 ac, 2 sta, 6 wis, 13 health, 16 power, 84 sv cold, 67 sv heat @ lvl 23

Armor Quest 5 - Qeynos

Ian wants you to kill 5 unearthed settlers, 10 Corpse Feeders, 12 Gnoll Looters, and retrieve "snowchipper" in thundering steppes.

Unearthed Settlers
    If you go to the dry river bed near the docks, you will find a good number of soloable undead settlers. Easy kills. This is also where you get the snowchipper. I got it from killing one of the settlers themselves.

Corpse Feeders
    These spawn in the river bed leading away from the docks. There are not many that spawn at one time. They are soloable at lvl 22 with ease, it's just a pain to dodge all the group skeletons by staying up on the walls of the dry river bed. Easy, but time consuming.

Gnoll Looters
    These gnolls are in the first crater to the right coming from the antonica main zi. With 2 or 3 20+ characters, you will get 12 very fast.

Reward: -qeynos - Hearth Forged Greaves - 122 ac, 5 int, 4 str, 13 health, 17 power, 101 sv cold, 67 sv poison at lvl 23
  8. ARCHIVED-Levijr Guest

Armor quest continued:

Armor Quest 6

Ian wants you to go back to thundering steps for the next step in the armor quest.

You will need to kill 15 Steelhoof hunters, 10 Skeletal Troopers, and Ott Stompgut a giant.

I have not completed yet but will update when I have.

Message Edited by Levijr on 11-23-2004 10:00 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Thelvyn Guest

Great job thank you...btw servers went down before I could get three more crusaders...what is the reward for Part 3?
  10. ARCHIVED-Solini Guest

Sorry if I have been to lousy, but is the armor quests information also available for Freeport citizens? If somewhere on the forum can it be added to this topic?

Greetings,
    Solini
  11. ARCHIVED-Ritmo Guest

Thanks Levijr, was just going to post these this morning. Working on 6th myself too. This armor is fabulous.
  12. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

13. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

14. ARCHIVED-SofaKing1337 Guest

Declars axe is still held one handed... everyone always asks where is my shield
  15. ARCHIVED-Levijr Guest

Armor quest # 6 Thundering Steppes for Qeynos Citizens

10 skeletal Troopers - I solo'd these at lvl 23, they are not push overs but can be done. Usually lvl 26

15 Steelhoof Hunters - You will need a group, the spawn near a bridge and the spawn time is very fast. Get a well rounded group and you will have 15 in no time. They also give excellent exp and are around lvl 24.

Ott Stompgut - Named giant, you will need a group for this. If you can find a good chanter and they are high enough level, 20ish you can mez him and kill the two bear pets that spawn with him and it's a easy encounter. You spawn him by killing giants. usually around the first bridge if you are coming from the large field off of the first village.

Reward is - Heath Forged Breasplate - 220ac, 4 agi, 5 str, 18 health, 14 power, 84 sv disease, 84 sv magic @ lvl 24

After this is completed, Ian will no longer give you any more quests.

Leviath Deathblow
    24 Berserker
    Steamfont Server
    Message Edited by Levijr on 11-27-2004 01:40 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-DMN Guest

Btw! I tested the parses someone gave on this thread with my-own-log-parser®(heh) and they yielded these results:

2Handed:

YOU TOTAL DMG: 778
    YOU MISS: 50.75%
    YOU DPS: 6.88
    ENEMY TOTAL DMG: 576
    ENEMY MISS: 41.46%
    ENEMY DPS: 5.10

Dual Wield:

YOU TOTAL DMG: 778
    YOU MISS: 37.61%
    YOU DPS: 7.01
    ENEMY TOTAL DMG: 481
    ENEMY MISS: 45.71%
    ENEMY DPS: 4.33

It may be wrong, you may want to try it with the parser someone posted.

Just my 2c
  17. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

nice. I cant wait to make time to play with taht parser and see how the dif weapons stack up
  18. ARCHIVED-Arcturis_Leviathan Guest

Awesome - was hoping to find a thread like this - bump for sticky heh.
  19. ARCHIVED-Veuclorion Guest

Best post I've seen so far. Thanks overlord.
  20. ARCHIVED-dragula Guest

Nobody representing for freeport? bah

dyric pire forges Cold Hammered armor

Armor quest 1 :
    Kill fallen guardians near ruins of valmar , use hidden station canyon to get there. You will have to kill Anders Blackhammer after that who can be found at x road.

you need to do Fallen Gate key quest to enter or have a party member who got the key to enter fallen gate. The quest can be obtained from Kanos in North Freeport near Thieves way entrance. Use Nektulos station and head nw into the yappin maze and you will get to FG.

Armor quest 2:
    In Fallen gate kill a bunch of fetid teir dals, fallen war witches and mindless corpses they can be found at market 2 upstairs

Armor quest 3 :
    In fallen gate kill Fallen brutes, contructs and giant wrelches all those mobs can be found downstairs after market 1

Armor quest 4 :
    In Edgewater , to get there you need to go thru the serpent sewers , the entrance to serpent sewer can be found in the sprawl at the black magi spot, the ratongas you probably know them if you ever been to the sprawl. In serpent sewers you got 2 entrances to edgewater drains, the first entrance near a bunch of murkwater will make come in the slugs place, you need to kill 20 sludge mucus. The second entrance is near a bunch of crazy channeled menders ( gnomes) who will brings you to the rats place, you need to kill 24 contaminated rats and 10 Murkwater Veteran.

Armor quest 5 and 6 in nektulos :
    Working on it, just got part 5.