The Prison Server Experiment -- Drunder

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Good day Norrathians!

We are very busy here on the EQII team and we have something coming up we wanted to make you aware of -- a little experiment.

[IMG]

Later this week we plan to release a server we are calling “Drunder,” which is a “prison server.” What does that mean, exactly? Ultimately, players who are caught breaking our rules and disrupting EQ2 live server gameplay will be flagged for this server, and no others -- ever. Characters on these accounts will be copied to Drunder (the “prison server”) and can never leave or transfer to another server.

This is a server our Customer Service Game Masters have requested over the years in order to manage disruptive players. They will determine who goes there. As gamers, we recognize there are some players who like to step outside our rules.

Drunder will get no customer service support and it will require a maintained membership to access and play. Rather than disrupt live servers in an attempt to join the “prison server,” players can use our /petition system and ask to join Drunder. To be clear: You won’t be able to move individual characters to this server, while maintaining characters from the same account on another server. This is a ONE-WAY trip for an entire account forever.

Drunder is where some accounts found to be in violation of our existing Rules of Conduct, Naming Policy, AFK Policy, Terms of Service, and/or EULA are selected to be sent in lieu of account termination.

Ultimately, players who break the rules – or want to – will have a world of their own to do… whatever they will.

As I said, this is an experiment. We wanted to see what happens given it's not a very common option.

Let's see where this takes us…
    Fractals, Karsa, Losadunai and 29 others like this.
  2. Eles Well-Known Member

*Shares Popcorn and Margaritas* by popular demand.

[IMG]
  3. Sharann Well-Known Member

I guess it will be a PvP server... ;)

Anyway, interesting concept. I'm curious about the outcome.

*grabs some of Eles' popcorn*
  4. Maergoth Well-Known Member

5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

So you've taken all the time to merge servers, just to make a new one to move people too?

If people are disruptive, just ban them. IF they don't learn, perma-ban them and be done with it.

I can't even think how this idea was thought up.

"Let's take everyone who causes disruption, move them to a server we wont monitor and police, to let them run free forever."
  6. Soraia Member

Very intriguing idea. Can't wait to see how it goes. Please do this for EQ as well!!
  7. Tabri Well-Known Member

Poor Gixx is gonna fill the server up with banned accounts sorry bud :( Pass the popcorn pleaseo_O
    Dude, Tierisch, Amoon and 4 others like this.
  8. Grymmstone Member

I'm with Errrorr on this... Waste of resources and work that could be used to bug fix, etc.
    Natasha, Bodiddle and Strings like this.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Lol.

The only saving grace is that it requires a sub to play there, otherwise it would instantly become the most popular server.
  10. Meisa Member

Ack! Quick! Pass me the rule book! What if i accidentally break a rule? /Cries. I am scared. What if my friend breaks the rules? Is two-boxing against the rules?
  11. Arily New Member

I agree with you this is silly. I rather they come together and redesign a good PvP server.

Why make a 'prison server' and you have to be a paid member to use it anyways. HAHAHA Silly!
    Natasha and Armageddoux like this.
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'm loving this, but it's no where close to April fools days. It would be a very very interesting experiment!! I say GO FOR IT! :D Puts a whole new spin to play it your way...for a price!! Hey any more of that popcorn around?
    Tierisch, Raff, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  13. Buggabug Active Member

LOL Is this a joke or are you cereal? Let the troll/bot wars commence ROFL:D
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

*passes Moon popcorn and starts a batch of margaritas for the thread*

Intriguing...so, will there be a new drop-down under "Community Standards" when we petition: Drunder fodder?? ;)
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet you will have folks who would actually break the rules on purpose to go there and be more then happy to play with no rules...and not have an issue with paying for that. :D
  16. Noctew Active Member

Interesting idea.I think I read some time ago of some game trying something similar: players who were a nuisance in chat were flagged so they could only read and be read by flagged players. This goes a step further...
  17. Luciar Active Member

This. Otherwise, if you strip away the PR, it sounds like you're making a server just to continue to make money from undesirable players. Good rule following community > subscriptions from garbage members.

However, if this is a means to get rid of the insane number of botters/"i control 6 toons at once don't call me a botters" ruining loot progression then so be it. They need to go
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

It's amusing idea, and a very smart business move
    but for some reason I have always heard "Soe doesn't have alot of people working on eq2 anymore, give them a break"
    "that requires too much time to do that, too much coding"
    and yet they opened 2 new servers, merging the rest, and now opening another new one?
    I smell lies around here
    suka and Armageddoux like this.
  19. Ruckus Well-Known Member

You have been voted of the island.

Channel chat is going to get super quiet, because people will be /reporting and /petitioning the trolls...even though we have /ignore in game for a reason. What's going to get someone tossed onto the Time Out Server? Excessive cussing? Stirring up chat with political or religious opinions? Someone could always claim that they were role playing!
    suka likes this.
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Except where would Kronos come from? Chances are they'd not reach server, and most these people would end up quitting.
    Jaden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.