New status tokens don't give guild status

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Loric, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Loric Member

Character: Gilden
    Server: Thurgadin

The new status tokens that replaced status awarded directly by quests don't give guild any status when consumed. I just tested this with the above character, with some of the 75,000 status coins.

There was a separate thread about them not stacking past 5 (here). The response to that was that stack size isn't a bug. Presumably the lack of guild status is a bug though? At least I hope it is, because otherwise it's much more difficult to level a guild.
    Chikkin, Twyla, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  2. Strohm New Member

3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

No. They don't. You still get guild status from the Status Bounties and Status Ingots, but not from the new status coins.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Frostii Member

The description on the item doesn't say anything about guild status. I don't believe it was ever intended to grant any.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Twyla Well-Known Member

I leveled mine from 65 to 350 very quickly doing writs in my city (2 or 3 a day) and the heritage overseer quests give status tokens that give guild status this is in addition to the above-mentioned status bounties and of course the percentage of my personal status that goes to the guild.
    Yenk likes this.
  6. Loric Member

The description on the ingots you get from daily overseer don't say they give guild status either, but they do. When missions gave status directly, they didn't explicitly state that they gave guild status, but they did, in the same way that tradeskill writs still give guild status, but don't say so in the quest reward section.

I think the point is that previously when a character earned status, a proportion of it was awarded to that character's guild. These new coins are a replacement for the status previously awarded directly by quests. The status from quests used to also give status to guild, but their replacement doesn't do so, which seems inconsistent.
    Raeven, Chikkin, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Inconsistent is the one thing they are consistent with;)
    Yenk, Juraiya, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  8. Strohm New Member

Just a question to the community at large... is the lack of any official response a sign of investigation and an official response will be forthcoming when they know more, or is it just the question has been put on ignore?
    Raeven likes this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It means its ignored
    Raeven and SolarFaire like this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

is this PAX east going on now? lack or response might also mean they are/were a bit busier with other things right now. They will address this post as soon as they have a response.
  11. Ratalthor Developer

Moved this thread to Feedback for further discussion as it is not a bug.
    Twyla likes this.