Dying House Portals

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by VAXen, Mar 21, 2024.

1. VAXen Member

Summary: House Portals Corrupted/Broken
    Six out of 7 House Portals in Volvodemort's Vacrul Castle house generate the following error message:
    Unfortunately we couldn't zone you into that house at this time. Please try again later.
    This issue was initially reported to Customer Service but they are unable to offer a solution.

The starting position was 8 of my houses were connected in a star arrangement with Vacrul being
    the central hub. A House Portal to Vacrul was then installed in Volvodemort's Zimaran Court. When I
    camped out of the Volvodemort character into another character on my account this new link failed
    generated the above error report. At this time all the links from Vacrul to the other houses remained
    active. Destruction and replacement of the dead link provided an active link until the next time
    Volvodemort was replaced by another character.

A Support Docket was created reporting the Portal problem and Customer Service recommended
    pay the rent again. Both are Premium Houses included in my purchases of their associated expansions.
    There was no rent required to be paid. Next fix suggested by Customer Service was "Double check
    that you can access the houses normally, such as via the door, and that you have ACCESS on the
    other characters." All checks performed, no change. Next suggestion was to recreate the Portal,
    done, no change. Last suggestion was to save the layout then relinquish the house. I asked about
    risk but did not get a satisfactory answer.

Relinquishing the Zimaran Court House then creating a new House instance has not resolved the problem
    and may have made the situation worse. I've wasted my time reconfiguring the Access Rights and
    started establishing House Portals in the new Zimaran Court house. First the Portal from
    Zimaran Court to Vacrul Castle died. Next 5 out of 6 Portals in the the Vacrul Castle died then
    later the last Portal in the Vacrrul Castle died. Effectively all the Portals between all the
    houses of the Volvodemort character have now failed and every house is isolated.

Subsequently one house portal in Vacrul Castle reactivated.
    Geroblue and Juraiya like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

What server is this on? (trying to follow a hunch, and also get more information for those who would be able to fix it)
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  3. VAXen Member

Volvodemort is on Antonia Bayle server. Just rechecked the Vacrul Castle Portals and only one is active.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem years ago when I wanted to set up my Felwithe manor as a portal hub. Kept getting those errors using portals either to or from that house. Finally removed all the portals from that house and made a different house my portal hub, and now I can get to/from my Felwithe manor properly.

But it could never be used as a portal hub, because when it had portals in it, everything having to do with travel to/from that home simply didn't work.

I'm surprised this is happening with a Vacrul home, because many people have that one. I figured maybe they don't care about the Felwithe manor, because perhaps not many people own it.
    Geroblue likes this.
  5. Denmum Developer

It isn't about not caring. This has been a VERY random issue throughout the years that cannot consistently reproduced. (As it, it isn't about the house type, or the specific player, but some random combination of stars aligning in the wrong way and Bristlebane adding some creative bad luck in there that just makes a house not want to respect/recognize the portals that are placed in there.)

Often, when it happened to us, we used to yank down and delete all the portals and drop in fresh ones. Most times it worked, sometimes it just wouldn't. (I use "we", as I've been a player from the start, and have seen this happen a time or two in all those years.)

Since this isn't something I, specifically, can fix, I'm just here to let you know it may not be something that is easily/quickly fixed. Report in player/house/server combos with details, upvote the original post if you want more attention drawn to it, and hope for the best.

I know it is beyond frustrating when you're trying to use a home as a portal hub and portals just will not behave. Sadly, this an even odder issue than it seems.
    Twyla, Jinksie, Breanna and 1 other person like this.