We’ve heard the ruckus!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Introducing Fippy Fest 2024!

When the thought of a role-playing game with multiple online users playing simultaneously in lands called Norrath first dawned on the brilliant minds of game developers in the 1990s, no one would have dared imagine that we would still be celebrating the creation of EverQuest® 25 years later! This wonderful game we all love has helped pave the way for MMOs around the globe to this very day! This includes EverQuest® II, which celebrates its second decade! With such a banner year upon us for both games, we want to dip our proverbial toes back into the waters of get-togethers, but in a more digital sense.

While in-person events are great, we would like more of you to be able to join us in celebration of these feats. Therefore, we're honored to host the very first digital Fippy Fest on June 15th, 2024! Tune in as we look to the past and forward to the future of these games. We are planning on Q&A panels akin to those at Fan Faire's of the past. While watching the stream will not require ticketed access, every purchasable edition will include access to ask questions LIVE** AND some sweet digital in-game loot to show off on top.

[IMG]
    Visage of the Valkyrie Illusion

While we are focused on the digital aspect of this first Fippy Fest, we also plan to have a very limited number of tickets available for in-person attendance of the event and some pre-livestream activities. Mingle and chat with staff, meet some of the team helping to keep the games we all love alive, and ask questions live and in-person to the game team! We are keeping the in-person event small and intimate as we delve back into the realm of in-person events.

Tickets for both the digital and in-person events will go on sale on February 28, 2024, at 6:00 p.m. PST. Keep your eyes peeled for the link!

A hearty THANK YOU from all of us to all of you for continuing to make the EverQuest® Franchise thrive with your support and loyalty! We look forward to continuing this relationship long into the future! We could not do what we love without you all playing the games you love! Here’s to 25 more years!

**Q&A questions will be read in the order they are received. All questions may not be read due to the number, length, and available time. Daybreak Games employees reserve the right to remove questions that we deem are abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate.

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I guess I will be in San Diego June 15th!
  3. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Umm does this include air fare, a place to stay, and transportation?

But for those not attending in person, this is just a Q&A podcast that if you tune in you get an illusion?
    Cyna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or something like a Zoom event? :)

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't you work there already? ;->

This also reminds me of Ye Olde Open Houses that SOE used to do down there... ;->

Uwk
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I work there, I don't live there anymore.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ttobey commutes to work by computer, to bad we can't see him sitting in his living room not wearing a shirt.
    Hmm he must be such an sexy Ratongas with that hairy chest of his :cool: :D.
  8. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

o_O
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not so sure I'd want to see that and thanks schmet now I can't get that visual out of my head.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah not weird and creepy at all!
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hey he's a Ratonga and so am I.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he could be one of those poor hairless ones... /shudder

Uwk
    Ephemeral Emanation and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He might have alopecia!!!!

*BIG HUGS TO ALL!!!!*
  14. Ephemeral Emanation New Member

I have been planning a trip to California, although June might be a little early.
    I'm gunna see if I can arrange it, possibly, though!
    If not, I'll definitely join online. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

CYRRENA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3,<3,<3.
    I am in "Tavern of the Rose" on Varsoon.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hugs back :) We miss you soooo much!!
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes! :D

"Welcome back..." --to the tune of "Welcome Back, Kotter"

Uwk
    (no, Spellcheck, that's how his name is spelled...with a 'k' X-P)
    Cyrrena, Kotter and Breanna like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gonna be there? :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Kotter Legendary Member

nice!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Seefar Well-Known Member

I've recently been mulling over the fact that Seefar was 'born' almost twenty years ago. So difficult to get my head around, especially the fact that, according to /played, in all that reelwurl time my butt has been sat on a chair playing this toon for getting on for two years of my life in all. Not healthy – but loads of fun!

I'm so grateful for the fact that Norrath still exists, and to its developers for building it in the first place, and keeping it going (/em resists the urge to launch into a rant about the constantly shifting goalposts; I ran out of patience to try to keep up with them long ago). Sooo many happy memories!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this event IRL. I live in the UK, and swore off flying years ago (just call me a loony greeny) so it would take me too long to get there. But I'm looking forward to these virtual celebrations!