Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2024

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

I know, Erollisi Day is still going on Test, and so is Chronoportals, and then there's the Direct X11 stuff... but due to how deadlines fall, I wasn't comfortable putting off making it available on Test any longer.

So, without further ado....

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the commotion of rowdy revelers located near every player city, and they’ll lead you to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside you’ll find plenty of holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar.

Of course, the festivities aren’t just limited to The Bar of Brell, as there are spirited celebrations and opportunities to raise a stein to Brell across Norrath, including Antonica, Kaladim, Loping Plains, Butcherblock Mountains, Enchanted Lands, and Thundering Steppes! You’ll want to pay attention to what you’re finding while you harvest holiday gardens, too. You might be blessed with a special item used to honor the Duke of Below.

And for those who plan on celebrating by patronizing as many of Norrath’s drinking holes as one can, this Brewday, keep an eye out for different drinks and bar bites to collect along the way.

New Features for '24!
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Varsoon and Kael Drakkel servers - The entire event is active!
    • Zarrakon – Special holiday merchants located in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District have over 20 Brewday themed house items and equipment pieces, including a mount, for your celebrations and the collection of “Brews Across Norrath” is available in Qeynos, Freeport, Maj’Dul, New Halas, The Commonlands, and Antonica.
      • This includes in-game mail to announce TLE event
      • (NOTE: TLE servers need to be as far as Rise of Kunark to have Brewday activated, due to numerous quest steps in Jarsath Wastes & Timorous Deep. One of which rewards the Ale Goggles needed to see the harvestables.)

Live servers:
    • New Drop Quest - Brew Bowl Bedazzlement
    • 6 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XV" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.

Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Returning special event items can be purchased from Digret Runebrand in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Collections:
      • Brewday Bar Bites
      • More Brews is Good News
      • Brews Across Norrath
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Digret Runebrand in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VIII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IX
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft X
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XIII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XIV
      • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Steinmaster Borric, a cleric of Serilis in the Bar of Brell
        • Altar Addition - Grikbar Prayer Necklace
        • Altar Addition - Umbrite Icon of Brell
        • Altar Addition - Deep Muse Prayers
        • Altar Addition: Sabertooth Runic Totem
        • Altar Addition - Terrok Chant Stone
    • Returning quests:
      • "Yours, Stein, and Ours" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale in a Day’s Work" - Repeatable every year
      • "Pressed into the Brewcrew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • "Thurgadin Ice Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Black Swill for Blackswell" - NOT repeatable
      • "Deep Within Hammerhall" - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" – Repeatable
    Any feedback submitted after 02/25/2024 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 03/07/2024 at 12:01am PST through 03/20/2024 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Denmum Developer

{Muppet flails and runs around the office screaming} :D
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

LOL we all are starting to feel like this on live servers with Year of Darkpaw plus various holiday on top of that.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

New drop quest starter drops from......?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Can't check as DirectX got me, but harvesting brewday stuff was my first thought.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

Directx testing seems to have killed this testing. There is usually almost a full page of replies at this point. I know I cannot test due to Directx...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I cant get to TEST due to Direct X
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Siren and Raeven like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Can confirm that new quest drops from harvesting the bushes. It's a bit painful and I'm not sure I'll manage to navigate the map long enough to complete it!

[IMG]

Edit: Managed to complete the quest (3 updates harvesting like previous ones), so for those in utter darkness like me who want to struggle with it, if your turn in is in Thundering Steppes, zone to dock, try to not fall down and go to the griffon tamer, ask for the south station (Coldwin station) and go to /way 266, 0, 1196 to tab and hail the non-existent NPC. Preview of reward seems fine (I downgraded to lower specs everywhere to no avail so it's very ugly but does show). Can't say if it places fine as I would need to see a wall for that lol.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

I am aware as to the added difficulty of testing the event content due to DX11 issues. For those who are running into issues, all I can do is encourage you to give as much info as possible in the appropriate threads (and many of you have!), and then as they are resolved, continue to test. I have no say or sway when it comes to game code.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Evilary Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it could be done at this point, but you should tell them next time something this major hits, create a Beta server for it. Especially if there are already stuff to test in the pipeline.
  11. Denmum Developer

I verified the version of the new quest that sent me to Butcherblock and finished it. Then my main that has all my beer tokens got stuck crashing in a house with all the house items on her for testing. Then I caught a cold for several days. I'm going to see if I can prybar myself out of the crashing house today.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hugs! Good luck! :-/

On this new drop-collect quest...I can't test it either (I'm not nearly as stubborn as Wil, and I have Erollisi Day toons to finish [thanks for the extension, o Powers! :D] on a working computer), but does it only send us to ONE person to turn it all into, ever, or various turn-in people in various locations? :-/

Uwk
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Seems like previous quests, there are a handful of people asked for turning, one per zone with a couple zones possible total.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this sounds almost like Zarrakon , we had at one point 5 events going on at the same time :D.

poor Denmum :( get better soon.

Somebody told me that they fixed all the problems, well I will find out trying to log on to the test server now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Should be easy there, since we have our Update Days on Friday. :)

And even my wonky Win10 laptop has calmed down, at least enough to get me in. ;->

Uwk
    Siren likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yay I got in and there is almost no lag what so ever :D I love the new recipes especially the green window pains.
    I am so happy I don't have to quite playing Everquest 2'
    Everything looks so clear and new, well we will have to wait for the masses if DX11 can live up to when there are hundreds of people play at the same time.
    Just got the quest for the grand Brewday wreath, and it is gorges.

Whilhelmina, I hope you freed your imprisoned toon from the claws of her house.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Congrats! :D

And yeah, aren't the new recipes lovely? :)

Uwk
    still hoping it's gonna be 11.0 after all... :-/
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I had to go to Steamefront mountains to turn in my bowl quest.
    that Kobold can be found near by the Butcherblock station.
    That new wreath looks beautiful on my wall.

I knew that our Devs will figure out how to make this DX 11 thing work, even so that I was still anxious.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All right, you folks who found the Krulkiel brewmaster in BBM, where the heck is he? :-/

(And how much of a conversation can one have with one? ;->)

EDIT: Never mind; found him, at 12.17, 183.79, -274.25. ;->

Also, remind me/let me know: is this new quest repeatable (the Excel spreadsheet on the quests from EQ2 Traders [thanks, Denmum and Casdoe! :D] doesn't say it's NR, for Not Repeatable)? I can't imagine it's infinitely per year, but once per year, perhaps? Like, next year we could do it for the Tokens? ;->

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Re: the new Brew Bowl Bedazzlement quest, next year, could we please have the Skindancer Brewmaster be closer to the Griffin Flight Tower, or at least be farther away from the aggro Skindancers in the area? My less-than-"middle-aged" toons had a hell of a time being able to talk to the Brewmaster long enough to get the reward without attracting the attention of critters that were three up-arrow to them for the longest time. :(

It was about as scary and frustrating as the Minotaur Brew step in the Beers for Brell! quest before the giant floating eyeball things were pathed away from the area. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.