New Challenge for 2024! SCLR!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

A New Year has begun, and after a couple months of trying to decide what my next challenge should be, I have finally decided on what I think is a fun and interesting concept!

Your challenge is pretty straightforward and only has 1 static rule.

The Challenge : Sitcom Living Rooms

The Rule : The entry MUST be based off of a living room from a Sitcom.

This can encompass anything from Seinfeld to Friends, from The Big Bang Theory to Roseanne or even go old school and do something like Happy Days or even I Love Lucy! ;)

(Actors and books are highly encouraged!)

That is literally the only rule this time around.

However, unlike my last challenge there WILL be prizes. With that being said, this challenge will only be open on Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Halls of Fate, Thurgadin and Antonia Bayle, as those are the only servers I have prize money on. (Unless some kindly soul would like to donate prize money for Thurgadin, Test, Kael Drakkel, Varsoon and Isle of Refuge.)

First prize will be 100M plat.
    Second prize 50M plat.
    Third prize 20M plat.
    There will be potentially also be an honorary mention. (Which will also be rewarded a prize of undetermined plat.)

Want to help out but not commit to an entry? I will be accepting donations for plat prizes on any server! Simply mail the plat donation to Shanette on your server and it will be added to the Prize Reward Fund. ;)

The Challenge is open to solo decorators, pairs, or teams. And there are no sign ups, you may begin decorating as soon as you read this post. The end date will be August 30th. (That's right. 6 months to decorate at your leisure!) However if you finish early and want to publish, please feel free to do so, Just be sure to let me know the following details:

House Name : (with or without SCLR)
    City :
    Address or Location :
    Owner / Decorator :
    Sitcom of your Choice :
    Any additional notes you want included :

If you like you can include SCLR in your published home name, but it is not totally necessary. However, if you would like your home video toured, please
    email the home, location, and title to shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm in!!

So just to be clear - it needs to be any house I have, and main thing is to show just a front view of living room, what the studio audience would see? And we can add actors saying some things from that sitcom?
    Will the judges go in and walk around or no? In case of no any dialogue needs to be spread out into making sense scene and hearable from the "outside" of the set so to speak? Is the size important? or can it be done in a basic Inn?
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Good questions, though I don't think the size of the house would matter? /shrug

If it's just the living room, conceivably we could block off the rest, anywhere from the other room in a 2-room place to the rest of the rooms in like a Kelethin 7-room?

Uwk
    who's also curious about that... :D
    and who's wondering: do we have enough black, white, and grey furniture for one of the REALLY old sets... :D
    Spextasy and Vuurvink like this.
  4. Spextasy Well-Known Member

You may use any size home and any home you like!
    I will leave the design of the "set" up to your creative choices. If you'd like to build it as an actual "studio" set-up and show the living room how the audience would see it, I'm perfectly ok with that. If you'd like to use your imaginations and "fill in" the parts of the living rooms that are rarely / never seen, I'm happy with that too! So long as the "core" part of the build is true to the source it's based on.
    I just want everyone to have fun with this challenge and be creative :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Gotcha! Thanks
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ideally, get actual matches of furniture, etc., but if we can't, just do what's possible? :)

Uwk
    who's worried about reproducing wallpaper... ;->
    Spextasy likes this.
  7. Misstake Well-Known Member

I am in!!! Also I can help with prize plat on Thurgadin, but sadly not test as I do not have any money on that one.
  8. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Correct. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent! :D Whew! :)

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Who does? X-P

Uwk
    still wondering how to make money on Test other than buying Sacks of Plat :-/
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

How about "Jeannie's Bottle" (I Dream of Jeannie)??
  12. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I like it. ;)
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have a couple of ideas; originally, I was thinking maybe Pee Wee's Playhouse, but that's like a combo living room, kitchen, dining room, etc., reminding me a lot of when the 2-room Qeynos/Freeport places only had literally one room, so I figured it wouldn't quite be "secluded" enough (and trying to find something that would get CLOSE to the crazy stuff he had in there... ;->).

So, I'll probably go with my second one; should be easier. :D

Uwk
    (or maybe...a mash-up...? >:->)
    Spextasy likes this.
  14. Spextasy Well-Known Member

You are more than welcome to do Peewee's Playhouse. In fact I think that sounds super fun. I loved it growing up! ;)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah, if I can...are mash-ups okay? :D

Uwk
    who has a truly demented idea along those lines... X-D
    Spextasy likes this.
  16. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Works for me. ;)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Update about Prizes.

Below are the list of servers I will be able to award plat prizes on myself :
    • Maj'Dul
    • Skyfire
    • Halls of Fate
    • Antonia Bayle
    • Thurgadin
    Below are the list of servers I will need assistance / donations on for plat prizes, should there be any entries ON those servers :

• Test
    • Kael Drakkel
    • Isle of Refuge
    • Varsoon
    There is a Shanette on each and every server so if you would like to contribute to prizes, even if you're not entering a project in the challenge, please send those funds to the Shanette on your server, and they will be reserved for prize money. In the event you donate and there are no entries or winners on those servers, your plat will be either returned to you, or if you so choose, held in reserve for my next challenge.
    Happy Decorating!
    :)
    Spex / Shan