Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2024

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Chronoportal Phenomenon is now active on Test!

For years we have been witness to mysterious portals across the Shattered Lands, allowing travel back in time, to the Age of Turmoil. This recurring phenomenon led us to recognize this as the annual phase in which the barrier to the stream of the past is the thinnest, providing us a stable entry point into the Chronoweave. We would be remiss to not take advantage of the opportunity to study these portals and experiment with the powerful magic behind them.

Find my fellow chronomancers, whether in Myrist, the Coliseum of Valor, Antonica, The Commonlands, Enchanted Lands, Thundering Steppes, Steamfont Mountains, Lavastorm, Sinking Sands, Feerrott, or Moors of Ykesha. They are holding the portals to the Chronoweave open.

Step into the time between times, where you’ll find access to famed locations during the Age of Turmoil! Come and help investigate this wondrous magic. Whatever Talismans from the Age of Turmoil you may find along the way are yours to keep.

-Distun Delki
    Renowned Chronomancer

New Features for '24!
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Zarrakon - Overseer quests, event merchant, Portals to the Past: Qeynos Hills, Plains of Karana, Qeynos Ruins, Steamfont, Nagafen's Lair, and Southern Desert of Ro can all be found in The Chronoweave for you!
    • Varsoon & Kael Drakkel - The entire event is active, with the exception of Beyond the Shimmering Portal, Miragul's Madness, and the Fabled zones, due to their level.
    Live servers:
    • New collection found in Portal to the Past zones!
      • Age of Turmoil Talismans
    • New level 128+ loot available from Camping the AC!
    • 3 New achievements to earn from Camping the AC!
      • Patience is Also a Virtue I - III
    • Erben Delki, the Chronoportal merchant in The Chronoweave, is now selling the following 11 new items:
      • Fear and Foreboding
      • Glimpse of the Dream Scorcher
      • Before the Fall
      • Rising in the Sky
      • Stronghold of the Crushbone Clan
      • Sleeper’s Tomb Banner
      • Feerrott Zek Monument
      • Crude Oggok Chest
      • Gorenaire Plushie
      • Prince Selrach Di'zok Plushie
      • Petamorph Wand: Solusek Kobold
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce and summarize the event, including locations to access the Chronoweave.
    • Returning dungeons, where one can encounter such infamous antagonists as Fippy Darkpaw, Quillmane, Pyzjin, and more!:
    • Miragul's Madness [Heroic] and [Solo]
    • Portal to the Past dungeons
    • Portal to the Past Fabled dungeons
    • Returning achievements:
      • Time Saver
      • Time Traveler
      • Returning Collection:
      • Elements of Time
    • Returning overseer quests
      • Offered by Zendiel in The Chronoweave
        • Chrono Escape - Stop the Clockwork
        • Chrono Escape - Mummy Dearest
        • Chrono Escape - Upper Hand
    • Returning quests:
      • A Cameo Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • A Decree Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • A Locket Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • A Map Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • A Wand Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • A Medallion Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • A Tome Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • Pottery Out of Time - Repeatable, once per year
      • Hunt the Past - Repeatable, once per year
      • Beyond the Shimmering Portal
    • Camping the AC! – Public quest in 'Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro
      • New rewards added to the PQ!
        • New level 128+ loot!
        • New event plumes!
        • New Age of Turmoil Painting Choice:
          • Omens of War
    • The Chronoportal merchants, Erben and Distun Delki, relocate themselves to The Commonlands and Antonica for a time, after the event is concluded.
    Although not as necessary now, /unmentor is a useful command when having ungracefully exited one of the chronomentor zones.

Any feedback submitted after 02/22/2024 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 03/01/2024 at 12:01am PDT through 03/14/2024 at 11:59pm PDT on the live servers. The merchants for this event are available during the event, inside the Chronoweave, but then will be in Antonica and The Commonlands from 03/15/2024 through 03/31/2024.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kasa Well-Known Member

What is the minimum number of peeps we need for the public quest not kick us out of the zone?
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

There are two of the same painting (Opposition) listed for sale on the Chronoportal merchant.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

The new 11 items on the Chronoportal merchant are good!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Chrol lowered the number required from 6 players to 3 players back in 2019. It should still be set to 3 players.

~ Kaitheel
    Kasa and Chikkin like this.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

7. Kasa Well-Known Member

New collection reward is very cool!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The new paintings are wonderful. The EQ1 screenshot paintings from this event are always the best part about it. I hope to someday get a painting of a view of Norrath from the dark side of Luclin, such as in Shadeweaver Thicket or Katta Castellum. Also, I want Katta Castellum as well. :)
    Kaitheel and Chikkin like this.
  9. Kasa Well-Known Member

Chrono Weave Talisman
    This item may be placed on the floor of all house types.

This item cannot have its scale adjusted. Place this jar in your house or guildhall and watch the lightning bugs flit and fly about!

Is the bold text what you intended to say about this item? Because it looks like the Chronoportal clock.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Andronak1989 Member

I logged into Testserver and took the all the available Quests.

Now i logged into live and got the Overseer Quest "Chrono Escape - Stop the Clockwork" on Live Server Thurgadin.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Overseer quests are account wide, so yes if you pick it up on one server and not start you can do it on any other
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Is there a good reason why the new paintings are flagged 'no trade' or is it a mistake? In the past they've been tagged 'no value' and I shop on one toon and distribute via the shared bank. If I have to run every character individually through multiple zones just to do a bit of shopping I'll probably give it a miss :(
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Achievements Patience is Also a Virtue I, II and III does not update in a solo chronoportal. Bug? or does it update in chrono Public Quest version of this?
    if it's updated via doing PQ then maybe achievement can be changed to reflect that
    Kaitheel and Cusashorn like this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Past achievements relating to the Ancient Cyclops public quest were only granted from that, so changing the achievement to reflect the Public Quest would be a good idea.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

On the Chronoportal Merchant, the paintings known as "Opposition" and "Towering Cold" are listed twice.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for leaping into this event so quickly! I've made some great fixes due to your feedback. I am not sure when they will be seen on Test, but they should definitely make it in time for the live servers!
    • Patience is Also a Virtue I, II and III - Achievement descriptions now specify one must defeat the Ancient Cyclops in Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro [Public Quest].
    • Duplicate listing of the paintings "Opposition" and "Towering Cold" have been removed from the event merchants.
    • New event paintings obtained from merchants are no longer marked as no trade, but are now marked as no value.
    • Chrono Weave Talisman – Item description now appropriately reflects the item.
    Thank you again! I'm glad these issues are being caught!

~ Kaitheel
  17. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

With the new plumes requiring completion of the PQ instead of a solo instance, and the chronoportal event only lasting two weeks, can the achievement flag be made an account unlock please. Alternatively make the plumes themselves heirloom instead of no-trade.

The original plumes being no-trade/per character achievements was fine since we had six weeks (3 events) to complete 20 runs of a solo instance because we could run them whenever we wanted. With a PQ we have to be online when it spawns (work schedules don't always make this easy) and have enough people there to complete it.

The chance of getting it completed on alts is going to be near impossible.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Just got an Erollisi Day 10% off coupon from Nagafen Lair chronoportal.

Maybe a bug? Or maybe this can't be split off from EDay also still running on Test server
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

on merchant:
    Cold Marble Icy Blades Rack is listed twice.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Correct, event coupons are not part of holiday testing on Test. The Chronoportal coupons are only scheduled to be active on this server when the event is live. As Erollisi Day is live right now, the Erollisi Day coupons are the ones that have a chance to drop on Test.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.