New FREE White Bedroom set

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Quiarrah, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having problems with this set showing as BLACK like its OG predecessor or is it just ME and my LINUX Graphics card barfing on me??
    Everything else thats WHITE though shows as White. . . . if it were the card. . . wouldn't all white items be BLACK also??

**Stormloche . . . HELP**
    Geden, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Zornar like this.
  2. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Which white bedroom set are you referring to? It's prolly something that I missed lol but idk.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

There are a couple other threads on this same subject. You are not alone with this issue.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

The FREE one on the Marketplace in the Year of Darkpaw tab
  5. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Ha! Thank you, I had no idea about it.
  6. Ecky New Member

Same here :(

All other white items are fine, it's just this set.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

OH! And the White Laquer Chest on the Merchant in Mystic Lake for the Year of Darkpaw stuff is also BLACK just fyi
  8. Dgkelly38 Active Member

The set i bought for my Erudite Templar is a bit of a checker board. The dresser, for example, has shadows on the two bottom left drawers, and the one opposite of the uppermost drawer.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

These are what they look like for me once I've placed them, vs. what they looked like in the Dressing Room window:

[IMG]

[IMG]

It's a little hard to tell, but a) the handles of the drawers (three of them in the Dresser, two in the Armoire) are barely visible, since there's no real contrast (dunno; maybe the little center doohickey could've been done using dark marble like that used in the top of the end tables), and b) there's a weird "dividing line" between each side that produces an odd dark-light effect (Dgkelly38's checkerboard?). What isn't really obvious in my screenshots is the odd shimmer effect of the "white surface." Maybe the idea was to make the "lacquer" effect really shiny? :-/

I do like the Player's Studio stuff, like Jerry DeChant's White Princess furniture pieces (Bed, Dresser, Nightstand), which, while a little bright, still look more realistic and less like things do when the graphics are glitching, and every dark wood thing in the city of New Halas, for example, go stark white instead. :-/

Don't get me wrong; I love the designs on the pillows and bedspread and whatnot, and the headboard is cool (which also don't really come across in the screenshots; my bad :-/); just not sure about the "white lacquer" itself. :-/

Uwk
    Aenvar, Breanna and Lunarosa like this.
  10. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Those end tables match the one i have (didn't need both of them), but less so, the bed. It's shadows are on the half of the side panels that are directly under the pillows, and the outer foot of it is fully shaded.

My guess is that it's caused by which city's house you place them in, since my Erudite is at the Lions Mane Inn (Two room, version 1).
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, for my computer, they look like the screenshots even in the Dressing Room, so it may be a graphics thing, though I still like the looks of Jerry's furniture a little better (though that looks a bit like a very thin paint job over wood; you can still see the grain underneath. Maybe he did it that way so we wouldn't get snowblind every time we look at it). /shrug

Uwk
    who thinks we need some good white wood or stucco building blocks ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Have people looked at the set recently?? They look AWESOME now! Like real wood, with white paint (or lacquer!)! :D

I'm very jazzed about the fix, and it looks definitely like something I'd be chuffed to use in my own rooms! :)

Thanks for the fix, devs and artists and techs (oh my)! :D

Uwk
    Quiarrah, Breanna and Aenvar like this.
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

UPDATE: IT'S WHITE NOW. . . YAY!!! LOVE IT!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! :D

For me, they were always at least part-"white" and odd, but now they look like real furniture. Thanks artists, techs, devs, etc., whoever! :D

Uwk