Fixed Internally White Lacquer Bedroom Furniture - graphics bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Trav, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Trav Member

White Lacquer Bedroom Furniture doesn't quite look like the screenshot you guys posted!
    [IMG]

Mugwort, Lateana, Denmum and 4 others like this.
  2. Enica Member

Yep, mine is black
    Mugwort, Quiarrah and Twyla like this.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

This NEW FREE set on the Marketplace is NOT showing as WHITE for me. It is BLACK like the original set. Now I dont know. . . if its actually a BUG or if its just my LINUX machines Graphics card . . BUT all other WHITE items are WHITE . . . soooooo . . . I am going to say BUG.

I wanted it BECAUSE it was WHITE!

Can you make it white for EVERYONE??
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Sounds like a graphics card issue. it is white for everyone else. I've had my visual glitches myself. I zoned into Zek one day and the redish sandy ground was bleached whiter than Frostfell Wonderland.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  5. KingDragon Active Member

Looks white to me[IMG]

Though it has a bit of a pinkish/purplish hue due tot he surrounding walls reflecting light.

Even looks white when i stack it...

[IMG]
    Forestchild likes this.
  6. KingDragon Active Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Its not duplicate cause its not my post but it looks like someone else is having the same problem.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Beee and Twyla like this.
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

Mugwort, Twyla, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Exactly what I want to know.
    Mugwort, Twyla, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

They have weird shadings throughout, though. Just look at the two drawers on the right, and the top one on the left; they look completely different, and it doesn't make any sense due to lighting, since they appear that way no matter what way the item is facing.

There are some serious graphical glitches with these items, and it doesn't have anything to do with graphics card or driver.

They're free, so I guess we're getting what we paid for. *shrug*
  11. Forestchild Well-Known Member

12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I would prefer that over BLACK as Pitch.
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

No . . its not white for everyone else. Enica above is seeing Black also. . I am almost sure they are not on a LINUX office machine
    Twyla likes this.
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Twyla likes this.
  15. KingDragon Active Member

It'd be super if you could provide a screenshot.

As to what setting... Don't recall which one. I know in VoV doing the Castle solo/H1/H2 there's the bugbear butler in a side room as your first zone boss, and you had to collect items that were missing in the display cases to work his script, by interacting with the missing object placeholders to progress the script successfully. But you could not see INTO the display cases, they looked like black light voids if you had toggled off one of the water settings - the same setting made the water tubes in Chaos Descending zones (water zones) where you couldn't see out of the tubes, but the tubes with that setting on, were translucent. I bet it's likely the same setting, just don't recall which it was.
    Twyla likes this.
  16. Evilary Well-Known Member

Here is a screenshot of the furniture at Very High Quality setting. For whatever reason, I cannot figure out how to link it directly so below is a link to the screenshot.

https://imgbox.com/BA50ncxF
    Twyla and Quiarrah like this.
  17. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Thank you hon. That is exactly it. Are you running LINUX by chance?
  18. Evilary Well-Known Member

Windows 7. I haven't tried to see if there was a difference on my laptop which is Windows 11.
  19. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The furniture look is so weird I just figured it was on purpose ; )
  20. KingDragon Active Member

Yes, this is how the Display cases in that VoV dungeon look if you have the wrong graphics setting set. You might just sit in you home and toggle graphics settings, one at a time as I dont' recall it needing to reboot the client or zone to take effect and respond here when you find the one that makes it look right.