Personal Planetarium questions

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This is the one with the large circular open space. Not the one with spiral stairs.

Is it possible to get stairs, etc. up anywhere ? Is the platform areas above the floor decoratable ? Are what looks like niches way up at the top reachable ?

I would like to know before I spend money on one.

Thanks !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

You can use the halfling ladders, Tinkerfest ladders or railing ramps to get up to the platforms and some combination of them to get to the higher alcoves. I've never actually decorated one, I just use them for warehousing (they used to be the highest item count for the least money) using a series of raised tile platforms and railing gangways to build vertical storage space.
  3. Mysstie Well-Known Member

My Crafting and Portal Hub is made using the Planetarium. I somehow got on both the Sun and Moon ledges as I put some teleport pads on each one.

Since it's Published you can look on the Housing and Leaderboards and look for Mysstie's Crafting and Portal Hub in the Medium sized houses and check it out. Oh yeah, would have to do it on Maj'dul.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You don't necessarily need T-port Pads to get to the stages, not with Stairs (either bought Staircases or built) or even just tilted Dividers as ramps (my fast/quick/easy/lazy way :D). In either case, yeah, it does open up a lot of floor space.

Gero: when you do get up to the stage(s), try going into "space"; it's interesting! :)

And yep, especially if using the Layout Editors, you can set a Teleport Pad (with subsequent Tiles up there with you, just to have something to stand on while you're up there ;->) all the way up the "launch tube/shaft" area a considerable distance. And yes, the alcoves are things that you can place stuff in, build out from, etc. :)

There are times I've been tempted to use it to re-create The Chamber of the Dead in the Testimony building from the Doctor Who episode "Twice Upon a Time"... ;->

Uwk
    whose Doctor pastiche toons all have one; they're so cheap, it's almost insulting :-/
    (almost ;->)
    Geroblue likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I bought one cheap stairway to get up, and had to add a divider to close the gap on the moon side. Not as much room as I had thought.
  6. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

man...before player studio was canned...i had a whole planeterium set planned out to make
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Don't waste your money. A single halfling ladder or railing at max size will cover the distance fine with no gaps.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or the Tinkered climbable ladders from Tinkerfest, I love those things, even though if you miscalculate while climbing down, you'll "fall through the world" and hopefully not go splat. :-/

I've always just used tilted furniture/dividers/etc. to get up to the stages, then built out/down from there using building block Stairs. :)

All sorts of ways, though the PS Staircases can be cool if they fit in with your design ideas. I've seen folks completely reskin these to something completely different, though I think they look beautiful just the way they are, like a Lagrangian Point space station built in the Golden Age of Islam, for the sake of scholars. :)

And yeah, the greatest amount of space is upwards, rather than across... :-/

Uwk
  9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

If you're looking to get to the very top of the tower, the best and least stressful way I've found is to just raise a teleport pad bit by bit, until you reach the level you want. Also consider I don't use the Layout Editor at all, so I kinda have no choice but to do it that way. :D

The Sun and Moon platforms are easy, slant a railing, stair, or narrow divider and shimmy on up there. Ladders are also an option. ;)
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Does anyone have one of these open to visitors so I can look up top ?
  11. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

I do, it's not published though. It's owned by Lunarosa and you can use the portal in Qeynos to get to it. It's completely decorated and there are stairs to help you get up to the 2 landings.

I forgot to mention that it's on Skyfire.
  12. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I have one Published on Maj'Dul which looks like you have a character on. It's in the Medium House section under "Mysstie's Crafting and Portal Hub". I happen to have Teleport Pads to get up to the two landings.
    Lunarosa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have one (all my "Doctors" have one! :D) that has a t-port pad waaay the heck up there, up the Launch Shaft, but I don't recall atm which server it's on. After the Frostfell Flurry of gifties tonight, I'll look it up. :)

Uwk
    who kind of also trialed-by-error on the t-port pad like Shan did; once the idea of just exactly how high the numbers had to be sank in, it got easier ;->
    Lunarosa likes this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll try and look at them Soon[tm].
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lunarosa like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

visiting Mysstie's Crafting and Portal Hub.

edit: I got up to the two platforms.
    Lunarosa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to get up there. The Planetarium is my favorite house in the game. The sun and the moon are so beautiful. It is possible to decorate up on the platforms but if you get too close to the walls up there stuff starts to disappear. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Planetarium :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Isn't that a gorgeous thing, though? I love them, too. :D

Can't recall now who did it, but there was a dude who turned his into a literal launch pad for a space program...he had everything right, down to the asymmetric black and white colors on a Saturn V rocket. :D

EDIT: Found it! It's still in the forums, though it is old; not sure if it's still in-game. :(

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-v-rocket-on-the-launchpad-for-luclin.539150/

Uwk
    Lunarosa likes this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I can't top a visit to the launch area in Florida, but I have seen the Project Echo dome in Maine. It was an aluminized balloon sent into orbit. For $5 a minute, for about 10 minutes, you could talk to England and France.= via satellite. The ones after that were metal spheres with antenna and solar cells on them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lunarosa like this.