Crashing changing charactors

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Valens, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Valens Member

Anyone else experiencing crashes to desktop with the BoZ expansion when changing characters via character select.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Every single time
    Word has it if you use the default UI it doesnt give that problem.
  3. Valens Member

Yup, the UI is likely the problem. I'll keep using Darq's UI until he finds a work around. He's very good at quickly jumping on this stuff if it is in fact his UI.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I have been using Fettish for years, its not updated anymore, I can usually find the problem file in the ui folder and delete it to keep some functionality, but this change is beyond anything I know how to workaround.
    So I crash twice then stay logged out and play something else, its not like the new stuff is really any different than the old, just less of it.
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I saw this too when changing characters. I've also noticed that it's not undoing the gamma settings when exiting which leaves my desktop too bright.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Update your knowledge book, or use the default UI for that window. It's the knowledge book causing you to crash when changing characters due to the change to that UI window.
    Mysstie, Valens and Pixistik like this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Thank you Taled, I switched to the default knowledge window and that took care of the crash
    Taled likes this.
  8. EnvironmentalHazard New Member

Darqui doesn't mod the knowledge window (spell book) so its something else making you crash. When I use the app to get files a knowledge book is not in the list or downloaded.
  9. Valens Member

That was the problem Taled, thanks.

For those who are not familiar with this stuff you can do one of the following three:
    1. Delete the eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.XML file in your Darq or other UI Mod folder (NOT the one in your EQll/UI/Default folder :) ) or
    2. edit it and ad OLD_ to it i.e; OLD_eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.XML I do this just as a kind of bookmark to the file I need to either replace with a new or repaired file or
    3. move the file out of the folder.

OR Disregard the above and do the following:

Download the zip file via the link Mysstie has provided below.
    then drag and drop the eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.XML into your DargUI fold and overwrite the existing file.
    Taled likes this.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

The fact that it 'doesnt mod it' is the issue. You need an updated version of it, and if you haven't updated it, you will continue to crash.

So you either have to tell DarqUI to stop using its copy of it, or replace the one in your custom UI folder with the one from the default UI that *did* get updated.
  11. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that it had been updated for the DrumsUI when I went and checked later and that seems to have fixed the issue. Can get it from here: https://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info5148-DrumsUIUpdatedBalladsofZimara.html
    Valens likes this.
  12. Valens Member