Unable to contact EQ2 support

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Tieki, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Tieki New Member

Can someone give me a link to support? I tried signing in but it just makes the page jump and goes right back to asking me to sign in. I clicked on the EQ2 picture and tried again still nothing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if you're F2P, that's all you can do, is read the help files. :(

EDIT: Woo, I can't get in either, and I know I'm paid up... :-/

Uwk
    who needs to open a /ticket to tell them I can't open a /ticket... X-P
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

It looks like they just changed the layout of the page to be a relatively confusing hyper-active page;

If you can get logged in and see this page, it LOOKS like you still need to click 'Contact Support', but that is just a circular link back to this page. You need to use the box under 'How can Support help you?' to select a topic and drop down into the actual fill out forms.

It's kind of a dumb set up and is likely to drive people away from actually submitting tickets, given I had to take a second to figure out the way it worked.

Terrible user experience in that UI design.
    [IMG]
  5. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah; neither button is working for me with Firefox on a Win7, not the one at the upper right that says "Sign in," nor the bigger, more obvious "Sign in" button in the middle right in the orangish MY ACTIVITIES sub-window, nor even clicking on Contact Support. :(

Could it be that because I did the Forever Member thing they had going about 3-4 years ago, turning my Gold account into something like an Iridium account or whatever, I'm not making regular credit card payments (any more) and it could just be a situation for me? Could it be the website is thinking I'm F2P, before I can even sign in -- hang on, that doesn't make any sense; if I'd signed in with an account they knew was F2P (some of which I do have, but I always got into Support via my main Gold), then they could shoo me to the database and that would be it.

Not only that, but every time I do click on one of the three button/link options, even after I choose for Everquest II specifically, it boots me back to the ultimate support home page, with all the game choices. :-/

So I'm not sure why it's still not working for me... :(

EDIT: Okay, I right-clicked on the Everquest II logo here on the forums and got to the main website via a new Tab in Firefox, then logged in there, then went over to the Support Home page. No dice; still nothin'. Same sort of Buttons-Behaving-Badly kind of thing. :(

The "advice" under the "Sign in" button in the sub-window is that if we can't log in, we'd better create new accounts? ;-/

Also tried Taled's suggestion; still nothin'. X-P

EDIT: Okay, it works just fine under my husband's Chrome, which I detest (the browser; my hubby's fine ;->), and I can't be the only one that does. Could we please be able to get back to Support using Firefox again? This might be the OP's issue as well. :-/

Uwk
  7. Mysstie Well-Known Member

In Firefox, I had to disable Enhanced Tracking Protection on the site for the login to work. Apparently it was blocking a cookie or other part that the login process needed. Until I did that, pressing login just presented the same page without logging in.

So, might try disabling any tracking protection the browser is doing and see what happens.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think I'd rather just do Chrome, though I don't trust it with any sensitive information. :-/

Just for that site, though, eh? Hmm...

EDIT: That did it! Woo-hoo! Thanks! :D

Now I don't have to use Chrome... ;)

Uwk
    who thinks that users should be notified of Cookies that might affect such >:-/
    Lateana likes this.