Pretty Please, Fix the High Keep Rugs on KD

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mariam, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Mariam Member

I was so excited to start decorating a new home today just to find out the High Keep runs are still Borked. I have multiples, in my back pack but can't return one to the pack and I can only place one in a house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

Please be more specific on which one you mean (exact item name). If you mean the marketplace one "Regal High Keep Rug", then it is heirloom, like other marketplace items. That doesn't prevent multiples being placed, but it means that the character who placed it is the one who has to pick it up. There is nothing on it that is lore, and it is not dependent on server in any way.

If you mean one of the crafted ones, again, I need the exact item name. Nothing has been changed with those rugs in ages, there are no server-specific flags on any of it, so I am ... confused.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Almee like this.
  3. Mariam Member

The offending rugs were purchased from the couple in Great Divide. They are:

Diamond-weave High Keep Runner
    Diamond-weave High Keep Dining Rug
    Detailed High Keep Rug

[IMG]

I can't tell you how happy I am that I can now prove the weird things that happen with screenshots.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think it's the LORE tag, probably.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Almee and Feara like this.
  5. Denmum Developer

Aha! They're not the crafted ones or the marketplace one. And now I know why there is the lore tag on them. {headdesks and sighs} That's the good news, the bad news is that I can't easily fix it. Those three are dungeon plunder rugs on live servers with achievements tied to them and they intentionally have the Lore tag on them. I can't remove the tag, as it would remove the tag on the live servers as well, which is not what they wanted for those.

While I technically "could" make fresh copies of them and put those on the Kael vendor, that causes database bloat, and sets a bad precedent that would get me scolded by my boss.

So, sadly, there are no plans to have Lore tag removed from them. :(
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody would want to get you into trouble Denmum.
  7. Mariam Member

Of well, at least I know now not to buy the rugs. Fortunately, I can make them though they are a PITA without the PoP. I'm not sure the crafted ones are exactly the same but it was the color, not the pattern I needed.

Is there any way to include the occasional Potion of Progress as an Overseer reward? Crafting for a solid half hour, with the Potion of Crafting Progress, is murder on the hands as is trying to craft a good number of items without a PoP. Alternately, they could make and sell a 15-minute Potion of Crafting Progress for half the price.
    Oh, or maybe put PoPs on the Loyalty Merchant?
  8. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

But yet there is all the unnecessary "bloat" coming from overseers? Very odd priorities at this office... Tell your boss to come talk to me, I will show him all sorts of Bloat in this game that could lighten the database! o_O
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Almee like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Mariam, I think there are carpets that look like that, which you can simply pick up in the High Keep, maybe give that a try.
    You can pick 3 carpets up each time you go there all 3 different kinds.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For me, the question would be: can I survive the High Keep long enough to plunder the items from it (I'm just on Live servers and Public Test; not sure if there's any difference between the instances there and KD)? :-/

I do think that more of the Plundered things that Lera has on EQ2Furniture.com could stand to be on the Loyalty Merchant, even if you'd have to be a Member or whatever in order to get them. Many's the time I've seen something immensely cool that I know darned well I'd never be able to get, even with full raid gear and an entourage (pets, mercs, familiars, etc., etc., etc.). X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Your right Uwkete, I was assuming that Mariam is a high level player and can just dance on in and grab them, and anyway those might not be the right color anyway.
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that players can't access Highkeep on the KD server. Hence why those items are on the special merchant. :)
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ooooooh that server, your right, I totally forgot about that server, dam.