Adamantine melodic leggings not forging

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Molisin, May 26, 2023.

1. Molisin New Member

Hello,
    I have been trying to make admantine melodic anything for the last two days and it always stops after the first line and gives me 10 scintillating coal. This is blue (easy) for me in tradeskills. I have lost about 100 admantine just trying to get the dailies. Is this a bug or something else. Did a search about giving just coal back and I could not find a thing.
  2. Denmum Developer

These recipes are set to only give your fuel back if you finish the first quality line and stop, so that part is working correctly.

I'm assuming that you are not hitting stop after the first line, and are responding to crafting events and so on so it "should" progress, so the next obvious thing to check is your crafting station.

Are you using an elaborate forge? Or a simple one? If the crafting process is stopping on its own after 1 line of completion, it sounds like you are accidentally using a simple forge, which only creates the first progress level (They are cheaper status and such for those who want ornamental equipment.)
    Twyla and Tkia like this.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but you guys really should remove those. Those (non-elaborate) crafting stations are functionally useless, confusing to new people (or people new to crafting) and a relic of very, very bygone days. While removing them entirely from the game is probably more work than its worth, perhaps just remove them from the vendors so the only options for purchase are the "real" crafting stations that actually work the way people expect them to. I'm guessing that's a light lift and would eliminate this kind of potential confusion.
  4. Denmum Developer

The decision was originally made to not remove them as some players still want them for decoration purposes (and some people use the simple work bench for speed-grinding tinkering and adorning). I can bring it up with the team and see if that decision has changed in the last few years.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, they shouldn't. The Simple stations were left in deliberately when the other 2 qualities were removed and they're used by many of us for decorating and skilling up. If players cannot distinguish correctly between 2 clearly named items how did they ever manage to get it right when there were 4?
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

They probably didn't. Think about it from the perspective of a completely new player with very little experience with how the crafting system works. Everything that has to do with crafting quality is a relic of a bygone era of the game that doesn't really apply now. Not a hill I think is worth dying or anything, just a suggestion.
    Tedra likes this.