Gereden's 'Epic Repercussions' script-

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Taled, May 25, 2023.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

I can't recall the actual name of his ability, but the scripted buff that Gereden uses to pick a random group member and 'study' their epic spell, requiring their curse to be cured and then for them to use a heroic opportunity seems to have a minor bug: If you have, for instance, two Necromancers, the game seems to be picking a specific group member who is supposed to be the target.

You can cure either one, but if the wrong one does the HO, the stacks of his secondary buff don't seem to clear properly. I can't say 100% for sure that this is actually the cause (It could be that in the couple of groups this has happened in they have messed up the HOs and claimed they didn't) but it appears that this is the case.

Since I can't 6-box an H3 group and test it on my own, I figured I would report it and let you give it a go and see if it is actually an issue or if we're being... misled.. by group members.

Thanks!
    Dude and Priority like this.
  2. Chrol Developer

Great, now I have to make 2 necromancers...
    Twyla, Dude and Taled like this.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

ha! Everyone already has two necromancers.

Don't they?
    Dude likes this.
  4. Chrol Developer

If you can provide any further information on this possible bug that would help. As of right now, I'm not able to reproduce it.

This is what I've tried so far with 2 necromancers in the group to clear the buff...
    1: Heal necro1, necro1 starts and completes an HO
    2: Heal necro1, necro1 starts the HO, necro2 completes it
    3: Heal necro1, necro2 starts and completes an HO
    4: Heal necro1, non-necro group member starts an HO, necro1 completes it
    5: Heal necro1, non-necro group member starts an HO, necro2 completes it
    6 - 10: repeat of 1 - 5, but swap necros
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Kaladz Active Member

Could be Necro started HO but didn't complete it and some other class finished it is my guess. So likely not a bug.
  6. Zhevally Well-Known Member

We've done it with 2 conjies, and everytime let the one who was cured finish the HO and its fine. (We always have that person start it - the only time we have the stacks not go off is when someone starts a multi-class HO and does not wait for every other archtype to go before hitting their button(which it shouldn't go off since they did not complete it, but in case this is the behavior where someone thinks they did it right but did not). When that happens player just does a 2nd HO and then its fine)
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

It's possible - Hell, considering you're having issues reproducing it, probable even - that it is working properly, but I said I'd post about it since I was getting two different groups claiming it was an issue for the double classes. (And the only time we ever have double classes is with Summoners, but I'm sure others see it with other classes)

That said, it's probably someone screwing the HOs up and not admitting to it, and I'll get them to come post any details they can think of if they don't want to back out of saying it's an issue.
  8. Zhevally Well-Known Member

The problem is if you have another mage in group, the summoner may still think they did it properly when it was really the other mage in group hit their button and finished it. You would have to look through logs to verify that they were indeed the one to completed the ho(and it happened after the stacks started) to verify.