Summer Jubilee 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, May 24, 2023.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]Loads of new content you will NOT want to miss!

Summer Jubilee is just around the corner and begins when Tinkerfest kicks off on June 5, 2023! With the launch of the summer-long event, there are some really cool, new features you can look forward to. Let’s dive in so you’re up-to-speed before everything begins:

• New Item Slot – Plume
      • As you log in, you may notice a new empty slot in your Character window. This is for a new item we’re calling Plume.
      • Initially there will be three types and three tiers of Plumes available during Summer Jubilee, one that grants Ability Doublecast, one of Crit Bonus, and one for Max Health Percentage.
      • Participating in the Summer Jubilee will not only earn you a Plume for your character, once you have unlocked your first Plume item you will also earn a recipe that you may use to craft a tradeable Plume for others.
      • When grouped the power of your Plume will be amplified by how many other group or raid members are also using a Plume. The power your Plume gains is based on the tier of your Plume, so even groupmates that have not yet unlocked the best tier of Plume will contribute fully to the amplification effect of everyone in the group or raid.
      • Players on TLE servers will have access to two Plume items too!
    [IMG]
    Stats on Plumes will vary based on your character's level.
    • Summer Jubilee Dungeon – Triad of Elements
      • Opening once Tinkerfest goes live is a new solo dungeon called, Triad of Elements. Whether you’re level 1 or 125, this dungeon is open to all and can be repeatedly completed throughout each Summer Jubilee in-game event (Tinkerfest, Scorched Sky, Oceansfull). Yes, you really can head in and farm to your heart’s delight and the loot that drops will be level-appropriate every time. Each completion will reward you with 5 Silver Jubilee Medals and, depending on how many times you beat it, you may even earn yourself a Plume upgrade. Triad of Elements can be entered through the celestial aperture portal located in Moors of Ykesha.
        • Solve the mystery and collapse the portals!
          • Someone has forced open portals between Norrath, the Plane of Innovation, Plane of Sun, and Plane of Water, and ushered in armies of necrotic-fueled clockwork drones to wreak havoc. Citizens of Norrath will need to quell the upheaval before the nefarious goals are reached.
        • Access to this new dungeon is only available on servers that have unlocked The Shadow Odyssey.
    [IMG]
    • 2023 Features – Live Servers
      • Jubilation parades can be found in player cities pathing near the event merchant.
      • Jubilation merchants can be found in player cities exchanging event-exclusive armor, house items, recipes, instruments, and equipment for Silver Jubilation Medals.
        • 22 new items have been added to their available inventory, including a new dog, mount, and building block set!
        • If you happen to have some of last year’s Copper Jubilation Medals, you can exchange them for Silver Jubilation Medals for a fee at any Jubilation merchant.
      • Silver Jubilation Medals are heirloom and can be gained by completing most repeatable content during Tinkerfest, Scorched Sky Celebration, and Oceansfull Festival.
      • End bosses in the following new level 1 to 119 scaling dungeons have the chance to drop Silver Jubilation Medals as loot:
        • Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial
        • Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop
        • Awuidor: Trench of Terrors
      • Returning level 120+ Daily Mission for each event dungeon can still be completed in Solo or Heroic versions for Silver Jubilation Medals.

• Special Rules Servers
      • Start earning Silver Jubilation Medals during Tinkerfest and continue earning them through Scorched Sky Celebration and Oceansfull Festival.
    As you can see, this summer is going to be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, and it all begins in June. Oh, and we haven’t even scratched the surface for what’s new in Tinkerfest, Scorched Sky Celebration, and Oceansfull Festival. Wait until you see what those events will have to offer! Stay tuned for the updates, friends.

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    Jaden, Jaxyn, Siren and 7 others like this.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

Some details on exactly how the medals can be earned on the TLE servers, and what the specific "plume" rewards look like on the TLE servers, would be a welcome addition to this.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  3. Cheatingsux New Member

I beg you to not screw Varsoon over again with unrelated content to the characters we play on there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

Since the event rewards are per-character and not account based, I doubt it's going to require you to do anything on the standard servers. But, again, this is where clarification would be a good thing. Just saying that they can be earned on TLEs, with no context or additional information, is going to lead to some wild speculation.
    Naramsin and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Denmum Developer

I don't have a lot of details handy, but each event (Tinkerfest, Scorched Sky, Oceansfull) will have a way for the TLE servers to earn Silver Jubilation Medals, and those will be used for purchasing either the plumes or the recipes. (TLE will not get the crit bonus plume, but will get the other two.) (Edit: for example, during Tinkerfest both Varsoon and Zarrakon will have a chance to harvest a medal when they are gathering the ! spawns to collect Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs)

As far as what the awards will look like on TLE, they are level scaling, so it will depend upon player level. If you need to see the stats before this goes live on Jun 5, someone would need to view the plumes on the Test server at the desired level in order to see what the stats will be for that level.
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

Apparently only two of the three items can be earned on TLEs. I'm guessing that it's the crit bonus version, since that's not a stat that either Varsoon or Zarrakon have available to them at this point. But, as always, specifics would be welcome from those who know the details.

I suspect you're going to have a lot of players on Varsoon (in particular) be wary of something like this because of the green adornment earned from completing quests on Kael Drakkel. Anecdotally speaking, that experience did not go over terribly well with most of us playing there.

Edit: Thanks for the additional details. It sounds like it will substantially be the same as it was last year shortly after Varsoon opened, with no cross-server requirements, which I'm sure is welcome news.
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

Thank you for the word in French. At least that's nice.
    After the mercs, mounts, familiars, here are the 'plume' in short, I will have passed
  8. Denmum Developer

See above - I edited my post after a momentary internet brouhaha.
  9. xxKRSNAxx The Arasai Gent RamaKrishna

but will you have sugar-free cookies?
  10. Peredhel Active Member

Jaden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

For folks on Varsoon who wonder what the event items will look like:
    [IMG]
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

Also, could you tell us if this new system will be monetized like the merc, mount familiar? Or will it be an extra item simply lootable via quests or achiev ?
    Basically, is this implementation only the beginning of a new cash system planned later? Like seeing op plume in crates, pushing players and raids to look into it, After a well-crafted hook?
  13. Denmum Developer

No. This is an event slot, for participating in holiday events. It is 100% meant to be a fun, attainable item. Let's please not remove everyone's fun and enthusiasm with such speculations on the first day it is announced.
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

Thank you for your answer.
    I understood for this event, but afterwards, this slot will disappear ? And so the plumes with? Will there be no upgrade of this said item in the months, extensions to come after this event? Is it a simple item to win during this jubilee, only? These are legitimate questions that a player can ask, speculation, yes for sure, but one can wonder what will happen in the future by adding a new feature.

Have a good day
    Naramsin and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

I would say: Every event gives a new item (or small upgrade) for this slot so we get a benefit for participate an event

Very nice and motivating idea!
    Jaden, Siren and Twyla like this.
  16. Rynnn Member

*giggles*
    I'm so excited about all of it. :)
    I LOVE this game!!!
    Jaden, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  17. Denmum Developer

No.

The Event slot for plumes is permanent.

There are recipes that will be unlocked along with the Jubilee plumes so that crafters can make plumes for those who miss the summer event. They won't have as good stats as the ones earned during the event, but they will be good so players can have a base item in the slot.

This is not just some quick thing for Jubilee, but a new feature that we plan to maintain going forward, but it is intended as an Event slot, so future plumes will be earned during future holiday events.
    Jaden, Siren, Schmetterling and 4 others like this.
  18. Victisa Active Member

hi there,

I am not a dev or anything but, i doubt that they are gonna take it away after event is finished. They are having recipes for plumes or you didn't see that? Is this ur first jub event? :) It's not hard to get the achievements for all levels. I think they are giving it to us as we log in. "slot", plume recipes we can share with each other and etc. so i doubt that it's going away. it's like when cloaks came into the picture for the first time hehe. doing the achievements is not hard it's pretty easy, umm but if 120 toons that's gonna suck lol :p I have 57 toons I have to do jubilee on, it's gonna be a blast! have fun denser don't sweat the small stuff! :)

For the Dev I do have a question, will the plume be visible like clothing or it's like a type of jewelry? that would be so cool if plumes had like a aura like the finish the TS epic timeline. or the awakened. :) nice to show off some bling bling. much thank yous devs this will be awesome and i am looking forward to it.
  19. Victisa Active Member

hi denmum!

hugs omg i just posted something close what you said... heheehe :)
  20. DENSER Well-Known Member

Thank you, these are exactly the words that reassure me .
    Sorry for the gruff and somewhat uncompromising tone, but it was worth it.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.