I'm so confused...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bhayar, May 25, 2023.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yesterday, we see a posting that says the servers are coming down on May 25th for "unscheduled maintenance." No report on what's being done, but DT is DT.

This morning: Status: 5/25/2023 6:55 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.
    I'm so confused...is it is--or is it ain't? And yes, my tongue if firmly planted in cheek.
    Melkior and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, it is. Just got "booted" out of game at 07:02:30 PDT... ;->

Uwk
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

I think his point is the message should have read:

The game is currently down for UNscheduled maintenance.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Well, ackshualllly, once it was announced, it was scheduled. :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Tkia and Melkior like this.
  5. EmJay Well-Known Member

My question is: What is the reason for today's downtime?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, the reason was that they wanted to nerf either Necromancers or the gear I happen to be wearing, but didn't want to make it obvious. All I know for certain is that I'm getting unalived by single mobs that I was able to survive in groups of three or four just yesterday (edit: in Buried Takish'Hiz).
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Whatever it was involved undoing a lot of buffs.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So, I was able to figure out what the issue was...at least for my character. Something in the update de-summoned the merc, the mount, the diety pet, and the familiar. Since I am not a fan of traveling around with the entire entourage visible, I didn't immediately clock that as having occurred. (I did notice the merc, but since I had done broker maintenance prior to logging, I figured that it had idled out, and my Necro pet was also gone, but I don't always notice when it dies, since I'm usually pulling the aggro from it before that happens.)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But even they admitted it was out of the ordinary when they announced it (though back in the day, didn't we used to have updates, maintenance, etc. on Tuesdays and Thursdays on a regular basis?)...

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And part of it didn't even need any downtime... X-P

But that other bit (the "zone crash due to ability increments") could have been why things were de-summoned, sent back home to the cities, etc.; I'm still not sure how ability increments crashed zones. :-/ I mean, haven't we had these ability increments for awhile now? :-/

Sounds more like any added tech requirements breaking all but Cray Supercomputers... X-P

Uwk
    who's still firmly convinced that the Powers need to test things and QC things (they still do that, right?) on the sorts of computers most folks in the US and EU can afford to get, or at the very least, PLAY AT HOME AS WELL on their own PCs to be able to appreciate what we, for the most part, have to contend with :-/
    Pixistik likes this.