Heroic focus bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dinger, May 14, 2023.

1. Dinger Member

Drakaur Halls of Fate.

Crashed last night and lost 8 stacks of heroic focus increments for no apparent reason.

not sure if this has happned to anyone else.
    Twyla, Kuulei and Sentrasia like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Can't tell if the buff vanishes on LD, because i never got it wearing the adornment in charm slot, making ho's and killing H3 bosses in the contested zone. Some mechanic simply does not work fine
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

changing slot and killing more H3 seems to sove that strange behavior
  4. Kaladz Active Member

Similar issue, logged out with 10 stacks, logged in today with 1 stack and 3.5 hours left on the buff. I normally escape out rather than camping so if it is LD related, sounds like it could be same thing.
    Taled and Sentrasia like this.
  5. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me after using /exit.
    Logged out with multiple stacks, logged back in with only 1 stack and reset to ~3hr duration.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Would make sense if this was the cause; I did use the X to 'log out' when I got knocked to one stack from 10. My stacks are gone now and I'm not killing H3s currently so I can't test it to verify, but when I have time to I guess I'll test it again if devs don't verify and fix it first.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Personally I think the biggest [BUG] with this buff, is the fact that if I want to have the buff for raiding, I can't log in to do anything else whatsoever. No crafting, harvesting, events, daily or weekly solo, weekly heroic runs, you name it.
    Nothing but raid for 3-3.5 hours, rush to try and find an H3 up and kill to refresh buff and camp out until the next time I raid.
    Its just making this player very unhappy and unable to enjoy the game.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

Well, the duration change to 8 hours would be a partial fix for that... Though I still think it'd be best to turn it into a price paid style buff with potentially a power-up from H3 kills or something.
    Kuulei likes this.
  9. Tyrval Active Member

Strongly suspect the bug comes from the adorn being slotted into something else that has an active click, like vamp req
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

Nope. Mine is in my cloak.
  11. Kaladz Active Member

Using the new version of the adorn, after activating the buff with 8 stacks. All stacks were lost upon calling back to guild hall even though Heroic Focus itself was still active.
  12. Fidd New Member

The same thing happened to me yesterday, 10 stacks all disappeared when porting to the guild hall. And today 1 stack hung, and 1 stack in stock is not used!:confused:
  13. Fidd New Member

the new system is just awful
  14. Chrol Developer

This should be fixed going forward after the update today.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

Whyever sometimes the Heroic Focus timer starts again on loggin in, so it's possible to use it more than 8 hours.

(not crying about this) I would perfere a permanent buff after killing eg 100 C3 nameds. Killing the nameds is a pain if there are 10 groups in 4 instances trying to get these 6 nameds.:mad:
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Update Notes - October 10, 2023
    ITEMIZATION
    Fixed a bug that could cause Heroic Focus to lose increments.

having 10 stacks - porting to guildhall and going LD reduces the 10 stacks to 1
    => not fixed correct

timer counts down to zero => may be correct, but makes the buff useless
    Hellfiren likes this.
  17. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Buff on Heroic focus Bugs if Went LD // Get the 00:00 Lockout Timer Bug // or crash for an other reason from game may unplanded PC restart or power cut of etc.
    After LD Crashing from NEK 1 last Week my Focus shown 0 Increments but timer was still counting dwon time i had no bennefit from for the last Week cause cant manage to get 10 C3 Bosses for the reasons already mentiont above.
    And I still try get up my Stacks to 10 by kill C3 until NOW ( Channeler not able to Solo Heal C3 ) so always need find people for a working setup or a non popular Set Up with 2 Heals at least. THX DB for this non fun.

After Todays patch now Focus is gone from bad to worse not enough the bugs already known not fixed yet no now the focus is counting down its time zoning or not and the countdown is going on if your online or not.
    What leads us to the Fact if want have any bennefit from it you need kill 10 C3 each 2 days how worse can we go making a good idea more useless ??? How about a Mojor change in the mechaninc ? > CUT off the Onslought in use make the Foucs a Clicky like the Price Paid is make a Load of maybe 144000k plat in in and than timer is Running 4 or 8hours JOB done.
  18. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

After last Patch Heroic Focus is TOTALY Useless ,

its loses its function compleetely timer is counting down online or not , it dont resets after zoning or new log in etc.

THX Devs you made a good thing rubbish again the job the communtiy wanted you to do is fix the bugs and issues away from its function what you did is broke its runing function as it would have had without the bug to useless now > Loading the Onsaught Stacks at 10 into focus 8h runing down online or not > result for next use we need kill 10 C3 again and again NOT YOUR TRUTH GUYS or is it ?????? :mad::confused::mad::confused:

Compared to a chefs duty you made a soupe with a bit to much salt , instat of adding water or some suggar for get off the oversalted taste of you added a whole Ton of Salt to the soupe so the only thing you can do with is put it into the drain and say bay bay.

Helfiren
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

Today loosing 9 / 10 stacks on zoning into zolo instance. None of us 2 players had a timer, both were zones out

(1697700620)[Thu Oct 19 09:30:20 2023] You have entered \#00FF00Shattered Unrest [Solo].
    (1697700620)[Thu Oct 19 09:30:20 2023] This instance will expire in 0.0 seconds.
    Would guess this bug is not fixed