zerker's ho is not triggering script effect

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ubiuca, May 24, 2023.

1. Ubiuca New Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Character: Level 125 Berserker

Summary: zerker's ho is not triggering script effect
    Description: I have this issue for sometime but now it is effecting our group play
    First at the overland named in badlands my heroic opportunities almost never triggered the script buff. But there it wasn't much of a problem cause other group members could start&finish their ho's to get the script buff
    Now in contested at the named with sage brush. I have to start and finish heroic opportunity almost 15 times to successfully kill the brush (sometimes 15 times is not enough too) but during this time other sage brushes spawn on group members. Because of this delay we either wipe, or in best case try to kill it while one sage brush is up

Anyway I am pretty sure this is a bug and it is effecting group progression.
    pls help
    ty
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

What abilities are you using to do the HO?

Some abilities may *technically* finish an HO, but they don't always actually trigger anything to happen because the target is yourself and not the enemy. For instance, if you complete an HO using subtle strikes, it will often not trigger scripted events, because you didn't technically complete an HO on the enemy - you completed an HO on yourself.

(Edit: ) Nearly every single one of the scripted HO mechanics in RoR requires that you do an HO on a specific opponent during the encounter in order to trigger whatever the script is - whether it is getting the buff on Amatheon, or triggering one of the three hits for the Sagebrush, etc. You don't want to use any of your buffs to complete an HO.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Chrol Developer

I was able to trigger the HOs, Sultan's Dagger and Madman's Meandering, against Kragstag's sagebrushes without any issues on a berserker. These were completed, as Taled alluded, with damage abilities.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Ejiju Member

Sagebrush, the fighter HO flashes a bunch of our yellow buffs. They will complete the HO, but not damage the sagebrush. Don't use the yellow abilities to complete the HO.