Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 12, 2023.

1. Denmum Developer

The only changes to the instance were the increase in sparkles on a couple items, and the increase in spawns on a couple items. You didn't dodge mobs in there last year. :D
    During the conversation before you accept the quest, you are told that the supplies are insufficient, and you will need to make up the shortfall - so you have "some" of the sparklets needed, and will have to scrounge supplies to make the rest.

The sparklets pop up and float in the air when you place them, not on the ground. Do you not see them float above you? I cannot reproduce this.

The order of placing them follows the order that adventurers have to use them. The idea is that you are rushing in at the last minute to set up the competition run for Boegie, so you place things in the order that he will need them.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Question, why can't we on Varsoon at least get a partial Tinker Festival ?, or do we have to wait till Shadow Odyssey comes out?
    We do have EoF unlocked.
    We can tinker, it would be nice to get some Tinker fest blueprints.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's also eligible to help with the Daily Objective: harvest 40 things. :)

Uwk
  4. Raeven Well-Known Member

I tried the heroic instance again with my shadowknight, pulled him toward center of area, then ran back to power station. Target appeared, pulled him into it by power station, nothing happened. Tried several times, no success.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the Test server did not have a downtime yet, maybe they takle that problem tomorrow.
  6. Raeven Well-Known Member

Another observation about the Tinkerer's Trial heroic instance: my necro gets the rhino into the red before he becomes immune and needs to be shocked. My shadowknight only gets him to 91% or 97% (one and seven look alike with my vision) when he needs to be shocked. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Just ran it again on my necro, took 3 tries to get him shocked and finished him off. Have not managed to get him shocked at all with shadowknight.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The charging part is really complex to trigger. Sometimes he charges all the time, sometimes never, sometimes he says he's aligning but you can't get it to go in the correct direction. And it seems that you need to go far from the power station to have him take a good run so it actually works... But sometimes it's the reverse and while hugging the station he still "charges" and get stunned. Or you go farther away to get the charge and then he goes in the other direction or doesn't charge.
    It's weird.

Note that it's my necro/brigand combo that I can't get to work. I had more luck when I got the brigand to die right in front of the power station, but she got thrown around and I had to rezz her to get her to die again in the correct spot. For whatever reason, when she was alive and well and fighting it wasn't working.
    I tried several combos of placing one char in a spot, a fixed merc in the other and all (charge is on the farthest character) but it's not really reliable. And alone, it didn't trigger.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

Does your Brigand have the interrupt stance running? It's possible the charge is interruptible and it was just constantly interrupting it before anything was noticeable for the charge?
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Mmh, yes she has it running. I'll try again without it and check for other possible stun effects. Doesn't explain the issue for the SK alt of Muertica, but maybe some off the hits used have stuns too. It might be interesting to check if some spells shut the charge (there is no casting bar for it though)
    Taled and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Raeven Well-Known Member

I have managed to do it multiple times alone with my necro. Doing it with necro/ranger did not work. Doing it with channeler/ranger did not work, we were getting tossed against the walls, the whole area was shaking, but could not get him shocked.

So I took a guildie's swash in with my necro. When we got to the rhino, I had the guildie go on auto follow to me and she did not fight at all. Necro got rhino into red, pulled to post, shocked on first try, finished him off.

Note that the chat says he is going to charge, and the bullseye shows up on the ground, so I don't see what an interrupt or stun would have to do with it?

To me, it seems to have more with being able to take his health down fast before he becomes immune. Most of the fails never got him below 90%.

So, is this actually bugged? Or are we doing something wrong?
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Yes. Due to the overlap with quests and content between Moors of Ykesha and Steamfont, it relies on Shadow Odyssey.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok , thanks for your respond Kaitheel.
  13. Gelenor Well-Known Member

*I was very conscious of the slow effect of Dragonfire on the charge, I stopped casting it for the entire fight. No real change. I have tried daze, stifle, stun, knockback but not interrupt.

In Heroic Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial, the Last mob of the zone - Cogsteady Rhinocticus definitively has some issues:

1) The implementation of the Overdrive Projection for the named is very dependent on your dps. It would appear time based. High DPS at the start can reduce the total time of the fight against the named once Overdrive Projection is implemented. Then it is a slow slog.

2) The named does not have any cast bar for the charge and the gain of the Overcharge Protection.

3) The timing of the charge and the visual circle for the charge is out of synch.

4) However despite what ever you do, in terms of trying to take advantage of the charge to shock the named., after every 13 "Cogsteady Rhinocticus remains is overdrive." messages the Overdrive Projection drops and you can dps very quickly and hard for less than say 5 seconds (not been able to time it, but the gap is very short) before Overdrive Projection reimplements. That is about ONCE every 5 minutes you can dps the named when the message of losing Overdrive Projection appears. I guess if I am missing something, that is how I have killed it.

5) If you pull the named too far towards the furthest end of the electric charge, the named resets. Can happen a lot if you move about near the furthest end of the electric charge.

6) Mercenary Verdict does work at all on the final named, from my experience.

This not an issue in the Solo zone, Just the heroic. I see from prior posts that it has been an issue of sorts since prior implementation.
  14. Raeven Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this, I have noticed it as well. High dps that can take it down a lot at the start seems to avoid the issues. The message that appears about the charge sometimes appears at the same time or even after the circle appears. And the last time I tried with my shadowknight (yesterday) I did managed to somehow take him down an extra 4% after his protection started, without shocking him, which supports your point number 4. I gave up at that point, 'twould have taken me about 2 hours to kill him at that rate.

Thank you for all this insight, I was going crazy (well, crazier) thinking it was just me.
  15. Test Taffies Active Member

Thanks 'Mum! I appreciate your for clarifying the whys. Now I won't feel so frustrated when I pick one up and think gee why aren't you a double cog.
    Denmum and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Agree with Whilhelmina. The way it should/does work is to be miles away from electric shock, when named emotes and drops down charge circle, run to electrics, instead of charging up he follows, but when he gets there he gets shocked, named falls down, hurts you and then you can dps him. It is a real talent to get those to work in proper sequence (I am not a very good player), I have done it like twice.. and when it works, it feels nice.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

This seems to be what I found on my first try. He got shocked while I was running in circles in the middle of the room and nowhere close to the power station, 2 times when I needed to shock him.
    I was talking to friends on Thurgadin, trying to find out what to do and doing nothing to the mob when the protection dropped again. I did what I was supposed to do for the third and final shock and it worked (it was the only charge that looked like a charge on that fight and he was at 1% at the time)
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Sorry for the auto-quote, but any feedback about that?
  19. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Loot btw for this scaling event zone is SMART loot for the latest tier of loot for the character running the zone.
  20. Raeven Well-Known Member

Isn't the rhino in Tinkerer's Trial Heroic supposed to charge to the bullseye that appears on the ground? I just did it on my necro, and he ran right past the circle to me. And although I can usually get him shocked when doing it with my necro, this time I could not.