Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 12, 2023.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof!

Your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest can be found by following the fireworks to the heart of Steamfont Mountains, at Gnomeland Security. Adventures, rewards, buyables, and crafted items, both new and familiar, await you, as does the Ak'anon Tinkerer's Guild!

That’s right, the esteemed tinkerer’s guild of ancient lore has been reformed, and you might just be the missing cog to their workings! No matter your experience level speak with Tickni Kerplooie or Navier Stokes, recruiters found celebrating in Gnomeland Security. I’ve heard applying to their ranks requires impressing a scrutinizing evaluator in the Plane of Innovation! You’re up to the challenge, aren’t you?

There’s also been some hubbub about some Tinmizer's Medals of Achievement found amongst discarded tinkerered parts at the different celebration locations, so definitely keep your eyes peeled!

New features for '23!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Varsoon & Zarrakon –
      • A special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, and The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, the currency used to purchase event items, are located in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District. The merchants have over 70 Tinkerfest themed items for your celebrations, including 2 mounts!
      • The new collection of “Tinmizer's Medals of Achievement” is available amongst shiny cogs in celebration locations
      • This includes in-game mail to announce TLE event
    • Kael Drakkel - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • The Reticent Tinkerer, "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ)
      • NOTE: Legend of the Geargobbler: Admin Level Access is now possible due to the additional boost provided by Druzzil’s Favor.
    Live servers
    • New quest found amongst cogs in celebration locations - Forgotten Complications
    • Adjusted adventure quest!
      • Blood, Sweat, and Gears offered by Tickni Kerplooie at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains is now available to all levels!
    • New level scaling version of ’22 dungeon, for characters under level 119.
      • Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial
    • New collection!
      • Tinmizer's Medals of Achievement
    • 9 New merchant exclusive items sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Tinkerfest Blueprints 15.0” sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. The recipes require Shiny Tinkerfest Cog obtained as quest rewards or harvested, and other low level harvestables as components.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • What About Bhoughbh
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0 – 14.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0 – 3.0
    • Returning collections:
      • Tinkered Parts Collection
      • Tinkerer’s Extraordinary Toolbelt
    • Returning Overseer quests and Agent
      • Offered by Tibbles Aclatter at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains
        • Mechana Arcanus - Vaulted Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Drednever Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Maldura Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - D.I.R.T.Y. Component
        • Mechana Arcanus - Celestial Component
    • Returning quests:
      • Blood, Sweat, and Gears - repeatable annually
        • New reward choice: Sprocket Gearsniffer Plushie – Added in ‘23
      • Gearing the Competition - repeatable annually
        • NOTE: Quest now deletes all components and quest items when the quest is deleted. Harvest item spawn points have been increased!
      • Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention - repeatable annually
      • A Clockwork Snafu - Repeatable, once per year
      • Hack ‘n Slash [public quest] – repeatable
        • NOTE: The disabled spidermech aggressor components are now properly labeled and the spidermech defender components are back as possible loot. Since we were able to bring back the disabled spidermech defender components the disabled spidermech blueprints are useful once again.
      • We Can Rebuild - Repeatable, once per year
      • Tinker Bound History - Repeatable, once per year
      • Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica - Repeatable, once per year
      • The Reticent Tinkerer - not repeatable
      • Tinkerfest Cheer - repeatable
      • Friendly Competition - Repeatable, once per year
      • Great Balls of Fire - repeatable
      • The Legend of the Geargobbler - Repeatable, once per year
      • If They Only Had a Brain - Repeatable, once per year
      • Guide Quest: "A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog"
      • Guide Quest: "Tome of Tinkering”
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
    Any feedback submitted after 5/21 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year, due to current update schedules.

This event content is currently set to run 06/5/2023 at 12:01 AM PDT until 06/21/2023 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live servers.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Maryrose Member

Okies I just ran both of the tinker instances. Gearing the Competition: I love the improvements! Was easy to see the nodes and the wisp gave me the way to go each time! Thank you! Blood Sweat and Tears was a lot easier than last year by far! Thank you! But the loot that dropped, some of it was at 300 resolve. If it scales to our level then the 300 resolve is way too low. The Hopewell gear starts off at 385 resolve and I am going through the instances at level 125. Maybe look at the 300 resolve stuff and change it to at least 385 for lvl 125?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

There's a "New Era so-and-so" that is given as extra loot that is 410 resolve.

I had no problems completing the new quest and collection.

Edit: item "New Era Innovative Earring of the Trial" ( \aITEM -1089020668 -490818009 0 0 0:[New Era Innovative Earring of the Trial]\/a ) is no-value while all other "new era" items I dropped could be sold/transmuted.
  4. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Could the TLE server merchant please include "Explosive Gyro Flingger" and "Gnomish Name Plate" as buyable items? :)
  5. cellinaire Well-Known Member

1) Unstable Conduc-tok Plushie & Innovative Protector Plushie : slight max size increase would be nice! :)

2) Sprocket Gearsniffer Plushie : max size needs to be much larger imo

3) Malduran Whirlygig cosmetic pet doesn't do anything when 'poked' atm (summoning the pet indeed makes my char fall backwards though)

4) Tinkered Contrabulous Backpack : why 30 slots...hmm

5) Petamorph Wand - Necromech Gazer : hope it gets a bit bigger, can be shrinked anyway

6) Having a haaaard time collecting Tinmizer's Medals pieces, so far got none. I guess they're just not patched in yet

7) Spidermech Aggressor and Defender having identical appearance feels a bit weird, dunno if intended (aware of Aggressor relatively having much better stats...)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The 410 resolve New Era gear is fabled. However it transmutes to Vetrovian infusions/mana.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Feedback: For years now I wander into Redd's abode, after finishing his quest, and wish there was something more to this zone. Can we gain another small repeatable quest in there? A plunderable stack of cannonballs? Something.

That zone was so fun.
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

The new house items look awesome!
  9. Kaitheel Developer

I can add the Gnomish Sign Plate, but the Explosive Gyro Fligger is too recent. It'll be available next year.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

I'll see what can be done about scale adjustments and poking the Malduran Whirlygig.

4) I would rather not compete with tradeskillers who can make larger bags, but at least this offers an original appearance.

6) They're in, as others have completed the collection, but you'll want to make sure you've finished other Tinkerfest collections first.

7) Correct. Last year the complaint was that lower levels lost access to the familiar. The appearances are intended to be the same.

~ Kaitheel
  11. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Thank you!

If any items that have a "player bounce" effect when touched can be added I would appreciate it. I use them to create jump puzzles in our guild hall, and we are just 3 months from RoK that that will give us guild halls. I understand if it's out of your design philosophy. <3
  12. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Well, the reason I came up with backpack slots above(in the first place) was, you know, they have to be 'equipped' to be displayed. Unlike normal player gears which have this thing called 'appearance slots'. It's actually been a complaint of mine for a looong time already and I wonder how hard it'd be to make bags/backpacks displayable directly from inventory...
  13. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Can you add a way to cosmetically equip the bags? There's no way I'm swapping to using a 30 slot bag. I can't imagine anyone finding a use for a 30 slot container on a regular server.

I can't remember if there was a shiny collection in the Tinkerfest solo last year, but there are no shinies in there this time around. Are there supposed to be shinies?
  14. Test Taffies Active Member

Why don't members receive double Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs when we pick one up? It is a currency after all, just like the city tokens etc.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Taled like this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

New Era and set of the Turning Clock (and any current-tier gear) obtained as an extra-loot from the tinkerfest zone (Innovation: Tinkerer's trial) still transmute to Vetrovian components.
  16. Test Taffies Active Member

Kattt and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's weird; when we pick them up off the ground, they're treated as materials for crafting (but also currency, oddly; there's no difference between the ones you picked up and the ones you're awarded for a quest when you go to buy or make something); when you get them from a quest, they're considered currency and doubled. X-P

I think it's the act of obtaining them that makes the difference between whether they're doubled or not like currency?

Uwk
    Taled likes this.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Quest: gearing the competition.
    I really like changes to tradeskill instance, no more dodging mobs. The high tension springs still could use a sparkle adjustment, it is rather faint now and almost invisible from afar until you stumble on them up close

1. For some reason unpacking crate we pick up before heading into instance gave me 12 electromagnetic sparklets, which we later have to craft.
    2. Got a wisp to place first sparklet, placed it and it does not put any visible object there. - missing art?
    Got wisp to next spot to place sparklet
    3. No visible object when placed 2nd sparklet
    4. Wisp to 3rd spot utilizes a shortcut of jumping off the wall to lower area, instead of running around to other side of zone. I don't mind since I know the zone, but can be confusing to anyone new. Again no art when placed that sparklet. Not 4th. Nor 5th.
    The order of placing all these sparklets is a bit chaotic, we get to run thru the same areas multiple times lol BUT thank you for the wisps, they help a lot especially if someone does not have maps.

5. pathing of wisps to named mobs to install energizers equally fun :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Taled like this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

(found out myself: for the Rhino, you need to make him charge, so you need to be close to the power station until the target shows then move very far out to get him to charge from far away. Don't stay close to the station.)
    Raeven and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Denmum Developer

They're a harvested object used for crafting, not a straight-out currency. Yes, they are ALSO used for currency, but they're not flagged as currency so that you can stuff them in your harvest depots and such. As such, they use the gathering skill and you can get bountiful harvest from them. Turning them into official currency (as the game recognizes currency) would cause all sorts of problems with crafting as they would not go in depots.