Crafting Timeline does not recognize Broker Bought Rare's

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Grizzwall, May 18, 2023.

1. Grizzwall Member

Greets Gents,
    Trying my hand at ROR crafting timeline for the flight ability. It says in the timeline that the quests will
    recognize broker bought rares. I need a rare Deino Hide, and bought it twice and crafted the recipe and
    it still does not recognize the hide. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated. Thank you
    Grizz
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

It would help more if you were specific as to what quest and which step you were on.

Some stages require actually harvesting, some only require 'obtaining', others don't require you to get the mats at all, just that you make the items - somehow - and the crafting is what actually updates the quest.

At any rate, if your journal says you need to get a 'deino hide', when you buy it if it doesn't update I wouldn't craft the item because the update would come from getting the hide, not crafting the item - that would mean you need to go harvest it, or you're looking at the wrong thing and you don't need the deino hide but something else.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Grizzwall Member

Sorry Taled, I am old, lol its the 3rd quest this one here. https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Were_Is_the_Messenger:_Find_the_Father
    Late to the party just back from a very long break. Since max lvl was 90. On where it says
    need to harvest a Deino hide. As you can see it says broker bought rares are exceptable. Is there a certain
    way that it needs to be done. thankyou.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

What does your quest journal actually say currently? I can't say 100% for sure that that step actually accepts buying from the broker *after* you're on the step - I am fairly certain it updated if you had the rares before you got onto that step, but I don't recall whether it updates if you pick them up afterwards.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

I always had them in my bag before I started as well. You could try deleting the quest and restarting it with the rares in your bag.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Denmum Developer

The wiki isn't always 100% accurate, because players aren't always accurate, but that is one you just need to obtain. Sometimes directly broker-buying while on the step doesn't update it, in which case you should drop it into your own broker box and pull it back out and see if it updates. It is supposed to work from depot, harvesting it or broker, but things can get a bit odd for quests recognizing items obtained from the broker.

But, never, ever craft an item until the quest step tells you to do so. If it doesn't recognize that you have an item, then do NOT jump ahead to the next step on the wiki, etc. You need to make sure that you are following what your journal tells you to do else you are just wasting your resources.
    Taled and Twyla like this.
  7. Grizzwall Member

Thank you Denmum, I will try that option. If it does not work, I guess I on a long grind to get the rare. Considering my trapping down around 250. :( I have been told that its hard to get a rare to drop unless your trapping is maxed out for your level. I hope I get lucky.
  8. Denmum Developer

Welcome back by the way! Yes, you will need to do some grinding on your trapping if it still doesn't behave. If you right-click on a den in the Vetrovia zones, it will tell you what the minimum skill level is for that zone in order to obtain rares. (It was one of the changes that you missed, where you can harvest in any zone, regardless of skill level, but you cannot get rares until you hit a certain skill.)
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're doing the RoR timeline and not the VoV one? Deino Hides aren't the rares you need for the RoR timeline, Armapine Hides are the rares you need for that one. The Deino Hides are for VoV.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Denmum Developer

The link was for the third quest in the VoV line. The alphabet soup can get confusing for returning players! :)
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Oh, I see! I thought, "Why wouldn't Denmum say something about the rare being wrong?" Glad for the explanation. Sorry about that!
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Grizzwall Member

Thank you for all the help, I finally got thru it, it was brutal, but onward and upward.
    Taled and Twyla like this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it!