Facebook page

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Quiarrah, May 15, 2023.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

What happened to the HOMESHOW FB page???
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Didn't know we had one... :-/

Was it official, or was someone else running it as a fan? :-/

Uwk
  3. Denmum Developer

It is still there. It looks like it went private again. You will need an invite from someone in the group in order to see/post, I believe.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Traesta Member

EQ2 Homeshow is still on FB. I did notice that the group went from public to private this weekend though.
  5. Afista Well-Known Member

It's still visible for anyone to search for and 'join' as a member with no need to send invites. New members just need to be approved first. There are no posting restrictions on any members.

There were too many spam posts this past month. The public/open group setting now allows non-members to post and somehow the page must have been showing up for a lot of spammers to see and post in. Maybe having around 1,600 members now the group was in a new category/size and therefore more visible in algorithms? I'm not sure how that worked, but it was noticibly terrible the past few weeks. I don't think many saw all of the posts because they are removed fairly quickly, but there were anywhere from 2-4 bans each DAY these past few weeks. There still might be a couple of temporarily quiet spammer accounts that made it in before the block, but they'll be banned soon enough.

You have an account in the group, although it's been about 8 years since you've posted/interacted in there. ' Uwkete Crushbone' is your Facebook porfile name.
    Denmum and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bloody spammers, ruining it for everyone else... X-P

Ah! Yeah, that sounds about right; I'd forgotten about it... :oops:

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Uwk
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

It was the bot. Thinking I was a spammer. I'm back in. Thank you!
    We can close this now.