Summer Jubilee '23 - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 12, 2023.

1. Kaitheel Developer

I can understand there being some surprise at the introduction of the Silver Jubilation Medals, to an extent, because it does seem a little unexpected when compared to most other events. This event functions more like a prelude in that the coin will not remain the same year after year. I had encouraged everyone to spend all of their coins last year, especially since it wasn't even guaranteed this event would be returning. Though, I know better than to assume everyone reads my posts, hence why I thought a conversion of the copper coin to the silver coin was favorable.

The earnable rate for the Silver Jubilation Medals is the same as last year, with the added benefit of some additional quests, the scaling dungeons, and the Triad of Elements dungeon. And keep in mind, Tinkerfest is not the only event to reward these coins. It's not necessary that you obtain all the delightful items you are tempted by in one event. We still have Oceansfull Festival and Scorched Sky Celebration. If the amounts of copper coin earned last year are any indication, you should get more than enough.

~ Kaitheel
    Jinksie, Twyla, Taled and 1 other person like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

There will be more explanation "soon". We're still getting the last details ready before revealing it.
    Afista, Jinksie, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Is there going to be another suprise like the bracers that we're going to be BIS changed to BIS ?
    Kinda have an idea of the extra slot item, so of course that will make this mandatory for most.
    I see you can convert the coins from last year to this year at a rate, but the question I believe is why change the currency at all? It was earned through multiple repeatable and maybe people just decide to keep them. It's just adding more code to an already super code heavy game for new currency. There wasn't enough usable items people wanted last year tbh. Most people ran the 6 and done of each for the bracers anyway, but there are the hardcore decorators that did more and this actually hurts them really. Everyone reads your posts, which is why it quite literally was the first couple of questions out of the gate. The why's... This game sometimes, well most times, seems to punish those who put in the extra time, effort, grind, whatever we want to call it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Chikkin and Tkia like this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Eh.. fair.. but the better question is, why change the currency at all, which was the first question asked and really never got a full response, just a tip toe around.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

To reward participation in this year's event, without reliance on a windfall or feeling of being left behind for those who didn't participate in last year's event. I'd rather not have to set item prices exorbitantly higher every year due to coin bloat to encourage annual participation. I don't imagine that would feel good. So, instead I chose to approach it with a change of coin, keeping the costs down and earning rate largely the same.

~ Kaitheel
    Afista and Twyla like this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

I don't believe, personally, that new items should be purchasable with currency from previous years.

The old items should still be buyable with copper coins, but new ones shouldn't be. Of course, I also don't think the coins should trade in at all either, personally, but if the old items are buyable with new coins and not old ones, it makes sense.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I feel bad harping on about the new currency but the Jubilee thing was touted as a new annual summer event, so of course some people bought stuff and had some coin leftover.

Treating this as prelude is a mistake. It is not like prelude, it is more like any other seasonal event and those do not get currency change every year, even though new items or recipes are added to merchant.

Pricing pixels is so artificial it's not even funny. I don't remember if those training potions were there last year but 300 medals of whatever color seems fair price. The fluff for houses or vanity pets should be priced low like it is, hoarders gonna hoard no matter the price.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Please let us buy quantity of silver medals, I only had 30 copper ones to exchange and that is a bit annoying to have to do one at a time plus confirmation box.
  9. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Triad of Elements [Solo] : when fighting Saian the Submariness, Vessel of Vindication behind her doesn't respawn/repop after the first one is destroyed so she's stuck in invincibility...not sure I'm the only person experiencing this issue currently. Something to do with full download perhaps?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're going through Steam? :-/

Uwk
  11. cellinaire Well-Known Member

No, been using the streaming launcher all the time, never used Steam to play mmos myself :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good! Never liked/trusted it myself... ;->

I hear it's gotten better, but they'd have to do a lot to get me to relax around them. :-/

Uwk
  13. Gelenor Well-Known Member

With the conversion of bronze to silver jubilee medal purchases on Jubilation Merchants, the Jubilation Merchant would seem to remember your one off purchases from last year of 2022 Jubilee Mount/Mercenary/Familiar Training reduction for copper medals. Just confirming that seems to work, as I assume it is intended.
  14. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The "Stomp Stomp" effect of the Baron after 50% down is very cruel to non dps classes who are doing this solo, on a platform surrounded by insta-death lava. The Warning "Get Back" is so quick that some will require an ACT trigger to be warned off the impeding punt into lava (which you cannot seem to control length or distance).
  15. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Sawclaw area gives no option to zone out and mercs will perpetually fight the named without any of the Power Cells being down. I personally went out shopping and came back 1 hour later and my merc was still fighting the named.

The Bronze Obsidian Crown utilized in this fight requires no trade/no zone items from prior fights in this zone. For anyone who has no evac option, this is like endless combat. I cannot even die edging the bandsaws that damage.. not enough damage toi kill me.

Please give a zone out to the last zone to reset this fight. BTW This entire zone has to be the most challenging event solo that I have ever participated in. Great job on design, but ouch for some people who will be completely lost without some further hints.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if you play Final Fantasy too, they change their cash for yearly events each year.
    But you can still buy items from the year before with the old current.
    In FF they change the items you can buy too each year and the selection is limited, I rather do it the EQ way, and this year I know to spend every coin I got.
  17. Chrol Developer

I've not been able to reproduce this, but still investigating. She does spawn in multiple locations, so there could be an issue with one or more of these locations in relation to the vessel appearing.
  18. Chrol Developer

I've extended the warning duration. Also, it was bugged. I forgot to include the knock back protection offered by Saian's Sea Shell. These fixes are in now.
  19. Chrol Developer

The door within Sawclaw Chop Shop can now be used while in combat.
  20. Chikkin Well-Known Member

The new random vessel (random from what's left after you destroy the first one) spawns and she resets to her original spawn spot about every 20% of her health. At least that was my experience. Are you able to get her down to 80% after you destroy first vessel?