Harvesting, Crafting, and Decorating on KD

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, May 15, 2023.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

For the most part, I enjoy playing on the KD server but there are several things that need improvement to keep the current players and draw new players to the server which mainly revolve around harvesting, crafting, and decorating.

One big drawback, to the server, is the lack of home furnishings found on other servers. We don't get the summer furniture packs; the furniture for sale in GD is just bits and pieces of bigger sets (for the most part); and doing faction quests for furniture is frustrating because some quests are limited to just one type of crafter. For example, this week, my carpenter was offered a quest to make a spell she doesn't have at least 4 of the 7 days in Quel'ule.

And making furniture isn't much easier as some rares are so rare they might as well not exist. I harvested every node in Sinking Sands, for Vanadium, and got one on the last node. This was typical of other attempts to get the rare. Yet Vanadium is necessary to make the gnome safety recaller and a very nice vase.

The last problem is that the highest level is 90 yet we can't harvest lvl 90 nodes which means we can't make the best furniture available to lvl 90s on other servers. This could be easily fixed by increasing the lvl 90 rares from overseer quests.

Another way to increase furniture variety would be to add tradeable furniture to the overseer rewards. This should be furniture that is normally harder, or impossible, to get on KD due to level restrictions.

All of these issues shouldn't require a lot of resources to improve as it just involves tweaking existing coding. Adding furniture, as an overseer reward, would probably involve more resources but it is something that would be beneficial on all servers.

I hope the development team will consider these changes as KD needs help. Random checks, this week, showed a serious need for more players. It is a good server, with lots of benefits and a great community. It just needs a few tweaks to make it even better.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

I am adding many hundred more furniture items to a second furniture merchant on Kael with the next patch. Beck carries a lot of stuff not available on Kael due to level restrictions, but some directories were missed, and the most recent expansions were not included on him, so I have another vendor already waiting for the next hotfix (next week, I *think*) with many, many more items.

There are no plans to make furniture that is already available on Kael more easily available. We just don't have enough hours in the day for everything.

Hopefully the addition of Becka and her items will help (and yes, it was a very time-consuming couple of days to dig all those items out and get them onto the vendor, etc.)

A warning that some of the items will be priced oddly, a few will require status as well as coin, and some (the Anchorage items) will be heirloom. This is because the items have default prices and heirloom flags coded directly onto the items on live, and they are set in such a way that I can't change those items without mucking up their prices on live servers, which is a no-go.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. I hope it gets more players to stay on KD after they complete the hunter's quests. It is such a nice server it is a shame more people aren't giving it a chance to strut its stuff such as doing raid content solo or with a partner. I'm finally getting to adventure in raid zones I never thought I'd see on Live servers. It is the perfect server for people who want to have lots of fun with a little challenge rather than a lot of challenge with little fun.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Oh, Denmum, what about the faction quests, in Quel'ule giving the same quest over and over? It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't mage specific. I've had other faction quests do the same thing but so far it has always been something my carpenter could do. The quests should rotate evenly, but better still, there shouldn't be any quest that isn't doable by any crafter. At lvl 90 we are doing all the crafts anyway so why not just give us the recipe so we can make the item or eliminate any crafter-specific quests from faction questing.
  5. Denmum Developer

Mission rotation is an overall issue, not specific to Quel'ule or KD. It is a large time-consuming issue, and is being worked on by the appropriate people. We have no ETA at this time.

I also have no plans at this time to go back and totally revamp the missions for that expansion, as each of the three factions has archetype-specific missions. I can keep it on my mental radar if I get through the huge pile already on my plate for the rest of the year, but no promises.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.