Empire of Antiquity [Contested]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Zoe1, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Benj Well-Known Member

They're all in the Elddar Exchange area. Going clockwise from the entrance:
    • Mazrid the Mistrider - standing in the northeastern pool of water
    • Phironae - east side room with all of the scarabs
    • Naeweth Valanel - mounted Renda'dal elf with two body guards, dangerously close to the heroic Renda'dal
    • Wilhelm the Elm - tree-ish creature in the southwest near the heroic mobs
    • Takka and Tejja Kevad - northwest side room with Raj'dur Plunderers
    • Fothios Foragious - northwest corner with the other satyrs
    Most of these are marked on the map (still missing exact coordinates for some). Unfortunately, they do have a rather long respawn timer.
  2. girney Active Member

i have seen phironae, wilhelm and takka-tejja. spent tons of time there but have never seen the other 3
  3. Raeven Well-Known Member

Does this mean that after you kill certain nameds in Elddar Exchange you can enter other portals? Are those portal off the Branching Gateway?

Because I have killed several nameds in Elddar Exchange, and there are no portals for me at the ends of those branches.

Is this something that I need to report as a bug?
  4. Benj Well-Known Member

Have you killed the Idol of Caedor? That's the first "portal boss". It's an H1 boss in the west side of the Exchange. Killing it unlocks the nearby portal to the Hallowed Hollow and the corresponding portal in the Gateway (NE branch).

Next portal boss is The Frightening of Fidello in the Hallowed Hollow (only boss in this area). Another H1, and that opens the nearby portal to Den of Dawn, and the corresponding portal in the Gateway (E branch).

Next area has Grenhuud the Fierce (H2). Not sure if he really counts since he opens a door (not a portal) and he's physically blocking the door anyway. Deeper in that same area is Melted Malachiel (H2) which opens the portal to Wellspring of Renewal (SE branch).

I'm not entirely sure who the portal bosses are for the next area, since that area has two bosses and I killed both in the same night. Same goes for the area after that. The portals keep working clockwise.
  5. Raeven Well-Known Member

No, I have not. Tried killing a heroic named yesterday and failed. So the only way to get past the Elddar Exchange is to kill H1 nameds. People who have stated that this update is not soloable are correct, it seems.
    Breanna and girney like this.
  6. girney Active Member

i was hoping that killing the solo named would lead to other areas but alas all we have is part of one small zone. the names dont even drop gear that is worth wearing as 415 resolve is best i have seen but the other stats are worse than mc gear
  7. Chrol Developer

More solo bosses will be added to Elddar Exchange with the next update. They'll be non-aggro so as not to interfere with any tradeskill content in the area.
    Virtuosity, Breanna, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  8. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Glad to here that - how about a faster respawn on them too. Not like they drop anything you need, but being able to actually complete the daily solo once in a while would be nice.
    Stormkat and girney like this.
  9. docdante Member

Its very easy to complete daily solo, there are 6 solo nameds.
    .whats really funny is running undergeared through the heroic zones....
    brings back old eq1 times, just the corpse run is missing...
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The reason you do so well in those other zones is that you have a buff on you. It was the DEVs way of not having to make extra zones and I suspect dealing with the food/drink exploit lol.

This contested zone has a mix of “solo” and heroic. The solo will not con triple up. You can check their buff as well. If it isn’t affected by resolve the kk it’s solo. If it has resolve then it’s not really a solo.
  11. Drobaselt New Member

I don't see how "encouraging grouping" is part of the goal. Anyone in the group with less than 9,031 resolve CAN'T damage the heroic mobs* - and they will likely be one shot if they get hit. Grouping in this area doesn't appear to provide any benefit other than perhaps being able to kill the non-heroic named a little quicker. Even if/when I grind out the 700 tokens to get all of the 420 gear, I'll still only be in the 8,900 range - still well short of the 9,130 that the heroic mobs have.

* My small experiment was with one other person who had around 9,065 resolve - so they were able to damage the heroic mobs some. The trash mobs took a long time to kill since they were only doing about 35% of their normal damage - and I was not able to damage them at all.

If that's the case, even a group of 6 all with 9,030 resolve would be a short fight with the entire group wiped out while having done 0 damage to the mob. So why would those with enough resolve to damage the mob want to group with someone, particularly a dps class, who can't?

Armor / quest wise, some of the quests provide the exact same options as the music box quests. I did manage to get a minor upgrade in a exquisite chest (415 vs. 410) which in theory will be replaced by the token armor at the docks (420).

Perhaps with the token armor upgrades, I might be able to go back and start some of the expansion heroics? But, I'm not sure what the different zones require - or if there is a listing out there. I've pretty much completed the solo / solo aspects.
    Twyla and girney like this.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

Theres a whole lot of 430/440 gear dropping from heroics. I dont understand why folks assume all content should be doable simultaneously rather than linearly
    Jrox and Virtuosity like this.
  13. girney Active Member

they are not soloable. i have no trouble with the original names but the new ones are more like heroic. 9043 resolve not enough to do much damage
  14. docdante Member

first: read the buffs....
    second: look how much buffs the have....if only a few u can shoot them (its possible...with enough dps) or do hos to remove them....
    Jrox and Taled like this.
  15. Unayan Active Member

I can kill & have killed all the named solo mobs in the exchange but I can't even get close to killing the added new ones.
    girney likes this.
  16. girney Active Member

using heroic opportunities helped but not enough. these new named need to be toned down.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to expand your knowledge and understanding?
  18. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm okay with the mechanics of the new solo names, but they do need to be tweaked in just one way:

The cast time on the tricks they cast on you is so incredibly fast that it's not possible to actually get outside of the 10 meters the message says (unless that itself is also a trick and you cannot avoid them at all.) If it was possible to stun them, that'd be one thing, but I see the cast bar, I start running out of range, and I still get hit because it casts faster than it takes to move a mere 7 meters away (4m is the maximum melee range, they're incredibly tiny.)
    Twyla likes this.
  19. Chrol Developer

They are targeted AOEs, so if you're only attacking them solo or with a merc, it will always hit you.

I did just remove mercenaries as targets of the detrimental state effects, however. E.g., Mixxy the Tricksy's Trick Play can still hit your merc, but they won't be feared.
  20. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Honestly, it's just the fear effect that completely took my merc out for most of the fight. I could manage the rest well enough.