Unable to locate Rafika on docks of Mara

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Yavie, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Yavie Active Member

Finished the timeline for Raffik, checking after each one if Rafika would be on the docks. She still isn't there. Can anyone else find her?
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Do you see Raffik on dock? available to hire as merc. If not and you do not have him hired as merc currently then you did not finish all his quests.

the new questline is started by his mother named Rakira, who is standing next to him on the dock by his boat.

The questlines are not account wide unlock, each of our characters needs to do the whole questline in order to see Rakira, plus be level 100 crafter or higher
  3. Denmum Developer

If you are on a live server: As per the patch notes, you need to have finished the "Pirates!" quest in order to see his mother Rakira (you have to rescue her from the Frillik Tide before she can be reunited with her son :D)

If you are trying this on Test: Do note that Test has not yet received the patch to include her quests as the quests didn't clear QA in time for last week's Test patch. So, she isn't visible there .. yet. I am hoping tonight will be another Test patch and she will show up.
    Yavie, Twyla and Feara like this.
  4. Yavie Active Member

Ahhh, the Frillik Tide!!! No wonder I can't see her!! I hated that quest!! ROFLMAO Thanks Denmum! Thanks Chikkin!
    luminosa likes this.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

That had me laughing out loud and I am still giggling. I did that quest not long ago and it brought back memories of when it first came out and of getting caught multiple times and starting at square 1 again, talking to a rat to get keys to get out. It happened so often that I had to get up, walk around the room and regain some composure from laughing so hard before I tried it again.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Denmum Developer

I had to do it several times before I got the hang of it, and it was one of the first YouTube videos that I ever made to help others through it. I had to dig out the video again before I could redo it on an alt for this quest series, and phew!
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Silbermond Member

This quest (and lots of other annoying stuff) is the reason why I think, tradeskill stuff and other things you are able to buy should all be heirloom. I just want to get ONE of my toons maxed out and he should then buy the stuff from the merchant with his faction and his currencies and trade them to the other crafters. It took me weeks to go through the tradeskill questlines (still 3 more to go). And this was just for ONE char. I don't want to do this for my other crafters that are stuck around lvl 90 because that's when I left the game years ago.

We should not be forced to repeat everything. One unlock with one char should be enough to get your other toons upgraded as well - at least with stuff you can buy. Not with quest rewards of course.

For example: I was able to buy the Danak, Riliss and Bathezid recipes with my main, then traded them to my alts. But with other stuff I cannot do that. Take Far Seas merchant: The recipes are no-trade. I can trade my coins though, but my toons need faction first. Or other merchants won't even show recipes do not belong to your profession. Or only sell them when you have finished a quest or earned an achievement. Just a huge time sink this game and really annoys me.