Fixed Internally Incorrect recipes showing on summoned crafting stations

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Daryx, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just a few minutes ago doing the DoV tradeskill quests series on Kael Drakkel, I still was having problems with the recipes. I was able to unselect the table, hit N and select the recipe.
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

Thank you. I will pass it on to the team. My understanding is that since it is hard to replicate it on-demand, it is a hard one to verify the fix. :(
    Whilhelmina, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

I just had it happen on a quest station. I have a character working on the Pride Pakiat faction line quest Crossing at the Crossing in Plane of Magic. The first time I clicked on the Spell Cube station for the Starfire Aggregate, it showed up all by itself, and unfortunately I saw I was missing the coal, so I used the housing tab to go to the guild hall via a house and them come back.

I clicked on the Spell Cube on returning, and the recipe isn't showing. Instead, it's showing my adorning, tinkering, and any tier 1 jeweler recipes (this character is a tailor, level 36), and typing in Aggregate yields a blank list.

Clicking on the cube shows a filter of "Unfiltered" but when I go to edit it to check on what might be in there, it changes to Spell Cube. I checked each filter box, and also cleared them to be sure nothing is set. I go back to the main list, and nothing is showing. I click on the station, and it pulls up the bad list again but shows Default: Spell Cube as the filter. No aggregate even with multiple attempts to clear my target and click on the cube several times.

So I had to resort to your (Denmum's) suggestion before about untargeting the station and pulling up the recipes, then crafting the item without targeting the station. That works, but alas, the problem is more insidious than suspected.
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  4. Muppethero Member

Lateana likes this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

6. Pomma New Member

Hello,

I found a way to replicate this bug on 6 of my characters split between two accounts, between levels 91 and 120. Here is what I do:

I have a Velium Multi-forge in my small acorn house just outside of the Kelethin crafting area (Silver Leaf Inn). I open the Multi-forge by double-clicking, then close it by hitting the X on the window. I then zone out, walk over to Londiar in the nearby Tunare's Pages crafting area, and get all three of his daily quests. Then, I double-click on the nearby Work Bench. It now shows Tailoring recipes.

Note that if I zone out of my Inn, then double-click the Work Bench *first*, it shows regular Work Bench recipes, and proceeding to get Londiar's quests does not introduce the bug.

All of the work stations bug out in the following manner whenever this occurs:
    stove -> woodworking
    loom -> cooking
    forge -> chemistry
    work bench -> tailoring
    sage - > artificing
    chemistry - > scribing
    woodworking -> metal working

Any type of zoning at this point then resets the workstations to their normally scheduled recipes.

I hope this can help tracking down this bug. Thanks for all you do, Niami!
    Whilhelmina, Traesta, Jinksie and 6 others like this.
  7. Denmum Developer

That ... actually helped! Thank you! {laughs maniacally} I've passed this along to the coder to see if he can sort out the particular combination of loading up recipes on a table, then zoning, then getting an autogranted recipe, then clicking on a different table (with no extra zoning, no extra opening of the recipe book in between, etc.)
    Whilhelmina, Jinksie, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nice analysis! Niami isn't the only one who will be happy to have this fixed.
    Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  9. Trezzy New Member

Same problem for past few days. Still no word of fix?
  10. Denmum Developer

The coder has another speculative fix in for testing now, but this week wasn't/isn't a patch week. Hopefully they will have something sorted out for the next hotfix.

In the meantime, when you run into the issue, untarget the crafting station, open up your recipe book (N) and craft from there.
    Traesta, Jinksie, Beee and 2 others like this.
  11. korrigan69 New Member

No news about this in last patch????
  12. Denmum Developer

In theory, it "should" be fixed with today's patch, but I am loathe to close the ticket until people can poke at it a bit on the live servers to make sure the equipment is communicating properly with the database again.
    Whilhelmina and Twyla like this.
  13. Pomma New Member

Hi!

Unfortunately, the steps that I listed earlier in this thread still produce the bug for me exactly as previously.

(Recap: click Velium Multi-forge and close; leave my acorn house; get all 3 Londiar quests; open Workbench to find tailoring recipes).

Good luck and thanks again for trying to track this down!
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Velium multi-forge in itself is not a critical part of this since those of us who have never used one have also encountered the problem.
  15. Denmum Developer

I'm going to go hit my head on my desk a few times. (I've escalated this to the one who is fixing this, I'll let you know when I hear something more.)
  16. Denmum Developer

The code change that is causing this issue will be backed out with the next patch, which will fix the problem.

In the meantime, please make sure to spread the word about untargeting the crafting station and using N to open the recipe book, especially when you hear new crafters unable to find the recipes that they need.
    Pomma, Whilhelmina, Twyla and 3 others like this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I wanted to congratulate you on finding why that happened!
    I never had the bug (99% of the time, I craft from "N") and when I saw "click station > zone > get auto-granted recipe > click other station" as the source of the issue, I was absolutely amazed that anyone could replicate those steps.

Did we get this in the Test patch from yesterday or not yet? So we can check this!
    Pomma and Twyla like this.
  18. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have one character on Skyfire that consistently brings up the wrong crafting station when crafting in her home.
  19. Pomma New Member

Glad to hear it may be fixed, that's great.

Just serendipitous to still have some baby crafters doing Apprentice Tradeskiller dailies and Londiar each day, but in reverse order depending on which one I had done the day before. Noticed that I only got the bug on days when I was in my acorn and doing the Apprentice daily first, and then zoning over to Londiar!
    Twyla and Whilhelmina like this.