Not A Bug Di'Zok Minion Potions from Overseer Rewards are Heirloom

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Anastaise, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Bluhr Member

Since I can no longer just drop them in the potion depot, I've simply taken to selling them to a vendor. It's faster than destroying them and a LOT fewer mouse clicks. Temp adorns have always been, and will always be, trash. Treat them as such. What I really wish for is a filter that lets me refuse things so they never go into my bag in the first place.
    Juraiya, Sarnando, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  2. Elinea Well-Known Member

I am with most of you on this. PLUS I'm on Isle of Refuge where things AREN'T supposed to be heirloom, and now these things are. I would give up my Overseer bag in a heartbeat if it meant I could toss those things in the depots again.

Edit: Also, these things don't stack. I have 4 individual coatings each taking up slot, even though they are identical items, same duration, etc.
    Nunja, BuddyT and Kattt like this.
  3. Elgo Member

It may be so easy to solve thie problem.

More than 95% of the overseer rewards are trash no one wants to have. Just add the choice to accept or reject the reward snd the current time sink of destroying dozens of stacks every day end.

But wait, isn't the whole expansion about adding funless timesinks? So this can be seen as the logical next step in a long row of bad unfriendly descisions.
    BuddyT, Juraiya, Sarnando and 2 others like this.
  4. Tedra New Member

funny I'm noticing the likes your posts keep getting and the zero the dev talking about heirloom Overseer potions is not.

Let me add my opinion to this mess - first we are told that our broker stuff delists every so often to cut down on lag - oddly it's not our 10 houses per character, house pets and depots filled with even more stuff causing nay lag. Now they are making pots heirloom - are they trying to keep a certain set of players from making plat? Some of those pots sell for millions on the broker.
    Juraiya likes this.
  5. Marranda Active Member

I would like these items to at least stack. Also why cant they just give u 5 of 1 instead of 1 of this and 2 of that? I would like a Heirloom home depot too and larger overseer bag to hold all these unwanted items until I have time to trash them. Or just stop giving items no one wants?
    Twyla and Juraiya like this.
  6. Marranda Active Member

I personally don't care to spend time sink in deleting potions for an hour a day. Maybe just don't give them to us and have the crafters in game make the stuff we need? I really loved this game back in the day when crafters made useful items!
    BuddyT, Juraiya, Kattt and 2 others like this.
  7. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Louder for the people in the back!!
    SolarFaire, Feara, BuddyT and 3 others like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It is very apparent from the deafening silence coming from them - other than the pronouncement by Caith that this is intentional - that they have no intention of listening to the user base. They've made their decision from on-high, and like the unilateral decision they made a few years back when they removed all level information from harvests, this is what is "right" and "best" for us.

What it is is that it's easier for THEM, and for them that is all that matters.
    SolarFaire and Scrappyz like this.
  9. EmJay Well-Known Member

This madness has to stop already. There are three different tiers of each potion and poison. Just doing a fast math in my head that is at least 20 of each tier, 60+ overall. And they come in droves every time you open your overseers. No good reason has been given for this horrible change. On top of that all those temp adorns that are exactly the same and do not stack. Most of those potions, poisons and temp adorns will NEVER be used by anybody. Why the devs don't know this is beyond me. Instead of actually making more content that we can actually play, you constantly waste your "precious" dev time making things that are useless. The heirloom tag has been overworked and has lost it's intended purpose. This new addition of heirloom tags needs to be removed now.
    Twyla, Kattt, Cyliena and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When I could dump the potions in the potion depot in the guildhall, my younger toons were using those, just grabbing a stack that suited their level.

But does anyone, anywhere, REALLY use +Accuracy temp adorns? Really? And I don't think that even the tanks are using temp adorns for health, blocking, or avoidance.

In the last couple of expansions, we all needed extra Potency. Now we all need extra Crit Bonus Overcap, Crit Bonus, and maybe Reuse and Casting speed. If the temp adorns don't address the current expansion's stat priorities, there's no sense in handing them to us, really. I sell them for whatever minuscule price I get from the NPC.

It sometimes feels as if nobody who is designing the Overseer Mission rewards has been playing the game in RoR at all ever, or they'd realize how much the current crop of temp adorns lacks.
    SolarFaire, Kattt, Cyliena and 2 others like this.
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

This.. this right here is the main problem
    SolarFaire and Juraiya like this.
  12. Nunja Well-Known Member

The potions should at least go into a personal depot or make the overseer bag hold all overseer items(which it currently does not). That overseer bag is a freaking joke for how small it is and all the crap from overseers now that is heirloom. Change needs to happen either to the bag or the items but something needs to give especially since the stuff doesn't stack most of the time.
    SolarFaire, Twyla, Kattt and 2 others like this.
  13. Denebi Member

in the face of the unanimous refusal te see this change
    implemented, have we been heard (read ^^)?
    Kattt, Juraiya and Scrappyz like this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

This exactly. If the rate that they are entering the game is too much, PLEASE just slow it down rather than making them heirloom, because making them heirloom is going to make them trash 90% of the time. Tossing them in a depot, at least someone may use them.

I guess at least they are not no value, so they can be sold to the vendor for a copper (at least that is what the poisons go for), which is easier than having to manually destroy them. Nevertheless, add me to the mass of players that really dislike this change that really just creates more busywork. Busywork is annoying and doesn't improve the game.
    Strings, Kattt and Juraiya like this.
  15. Nunja Well-Known Member

Just destroy a crap ton of the overseer stuff because they don't stack , i don't use them, or just random F this thought about the junk. I get it is free stuff but make it STACK at the very least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cochuyt likes this.
  16. Argent Active Member

Yes I absolutely do. I'd assume for every item that exists in game there are probably people that use them. ... and changing what items are given does not change the root of the complaint -- How the items can be stored.
  17. Cochuyt New Member

Juraiya likes this.
  18. Cochuyt New Member

There have been some great suggestions for solutions and I have another that may help. Whenever we complete an overseers, rather than just randomly dump 30 items into our inventory that get destroyed 99.99999% of the time, could you please at least make it pop up like a quest reward window and let us reject it or accept it? It still will negatively impact time spent doing worthless stuff in-game, but I would rather spend 5 seconds deciding to accept or reject a temporary AB mod adorn or stack of poisons for my coercer than spend 5 minutes trying to destroy everything.
    Kattt and Juraiya like this.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

Sell them to a vendor instead of deleting them. Its much faster.

I don't recall there being any quests where I can refuse the rewards, either, so they would have to code a new system - which shouldnt be hard, to be fair - but they would have to provide a way to 'reclaim' items you 'accidentally' declined, because people will constantly say they accidentally declined, so it will never happen.

Same wjth mass destroy/etc.
    Juraiya and Scrappyz like this.