What about that 18-hr lockout on The Shipyard Cove?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have my new Kael Drakkel toon busy doing a lot of crafting things. So I just noticed that in Mara, Madria Varas, the Far Seas Trading Company Supply Liason, offers quests for zones that reset in 90 minutes, except for "Shipyard Services", whose zone, The Shipyard Cove, has an 18 hour reset.

I think these changes need to be EQ2-wide, of course, not just on KD.

(1) Shouldn't the zones for these crafting quests all have 90 minute resets, really?

(2) The quest rotation is really clunky. It would be much better if we could just select from a list of the four quests so we can do the one(s) we want. Doubly so if you are working on the quest "Shadows of the Betrayed", which must have "Emergency Portal Repairs". The four quests are:
    1. Supply Stocking
    2. Shipyard Services
    3. Clockwork Rescue
    4. Emergency Portal Repairs
    If we can't get a list, can we at least get it so we can refuse an offered quest and ask around for a chance to get the quest we actually want?
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

We've been reporting this for ... a decade? More?
    Daryx, Feara and Pixistik like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, I smacked into it face-first on Kael Drakkel. I haven't run these quests in years.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

With Denmum in charge now, I get the feeling this can finally be fixed.
    Sigrdrifa, Breanna and Feara like this.
  5. Denmum Developer

Please put something in the bug forum about the lockout for Shipyard Services being longer than the lockouts for the other missions.

The rotation thing is far more complex so I make no promises. The change to 90 minutes was deemed a suitable adjustment to this series so that players could get their desired quest within a few hours instead of several days. Trivializing it more by allowing players to take/complete any of them may/may not be something the team will support.
    Breanna, Twyla and Cyliena like this.