Speaking of Rares

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Apr 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almee Well-Known Member

Denmum,

The rare situation, on KD, needs tweaking.

With the harvesting cloak I have 1% rare chance of some unknown number. And while I do harvest rares, they are far rarer than on Live servers.

KD is supposed to be fun server--at least that is how it is promoted. And it is fun, for the most part, so I will continue to play there.

But I hope rares are tweaked as trying to get some of them is pretty depressing. For example:

CoV doesn't work with a number of the event dungeons but CoT does often work when CoV fails. So I went out harvesting silicate loam to make Call of the Tinkerer. I cleaned out the cave in Kunzar jungle until my hands couldn't take it anymore. The brutes popped like crazy but the nodes didn't. In over 4 hours I only harvested 2 loams. The last time I tried I got:

3 incarnadine clusters
    5 rough fire emeralds
    2 tynnonium clusters
    2 smoldering primordial fragments
    2 sacred foundations

So rares are dropping--just not the silicate loam.

This is pretty depressing for those of us trying to help others get through the quest series and the calls for help come pretty often. Having CoVs would really help us help others even if it isn't for this event. It's obvious the server is the perfect place for world events, similar to the present one, which seems to be very popular.

But regardless of whether there are future world events, held on KD, anything that makes the server more fun to play on benefits DB financially. Being able to easily spot help others, when they encounter difficulties completing a quest,, helps the community grow and since CoVs are so flaky, we really need CoVs. So please see if the DP gods will consider increasing the drop rate of rares--especially those needed to make items often used to facilitate play and help others.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

And to add insult to injury, both the work bench and multi-forge keep telling me I only have one silicate when I have two in my backpack
  3. Denmum Developer

Sadly, while I understand where you are coming from, there is no easy solution. We don't/can't change drop rates for a single server. The numbers above also show that it isn't just the rare rates hitting you, but the RNG, and some of us (like me) seem to have this thing where the RNG knows exactly what we want/need and gives us less of that than it does everything else.

That, sadly, isn't something I can fix. :(
    Breanna, Almee, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

You can't add/or change now, however, for future you could think of another system. We had one in butcherblock at one time trading in so many items for another. Why couldn't we say trade in 30 rare roots for 10 of something else, etc.. you get the picture. Obviously this couldn't be done until next expac, or even next game update, but hey it's food for thought.

As far as tradeskill books go. Please incorporate them back into the tradeskill lines as rewards, especially the provie. It is the only rare book they use while the others have at least up to 3. The RNG simply just does not support "making it fun" to run TS stuff. I mean if I've run 10 weeklies and dailies every day for those 10 weeks, don't you think something is off in the RNG world.

I really, really, hate how Caith has turned EVERYTHING simply into RNG. The only reason to do the TS quest, even remotely first this expac was to fly lol, and I even didn't do that. There will be your die hards that stick you out for TS, but unless they force us to play one, there is almost 0 reason to run one, let alone multiple TS people.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I got so angry, today, at the insane rules on KD, that I had to log off. While the devs say they can't change drop rates, for just one server, they can turn off housing to just one server and make special rule sets for just one server. It isn't a case of "can't" but rather "won't," even if it means losing players and money.

We can't buy prestige housing on KD. We are apparently limited to just a two-room house that isn't even in our home city. I would have made the the two Matri Dut mercs hirable anywhere, if they hadn't popped off, and the crazy rule set ensures I won't be buying anymore character slots as there doesn't seem to be any rational or consistency in what we can or can't do..

We are given quests we can complete (for example the inn room in Qeynos but we can buy the inn room in Freeport) and a host of other rules, or glitches (it is hard to tell) that make my brain feel like it will explode. I found this out after stopping to buy a magic guild door, in Qeynos, before entering S. Qeynos to buy the inn room.

I have to assume the devs haven't bothered to play on KD long enough to discover these inconsistencies or glitches. Or, maybe they know about them and just don't give a fig.

I guess my problem is I thought DP wanted KD to prosper and attract players, yet months after the server launched, these issues remain so I assume the devs just don't give a fig.
  6. Denmum Developer

Erm. I'm not even sure where to begin on this.

Harvesting rate changes are an all or none as far as servers go. That is a totally different system than your other examples such as housing and special rule sets. Totally different programming, with different ways of doing things. The examples you used are things that take a few minutes to adjust. The harvesting rate changes would take it fitting into a huge, huge backlog of things that an actual member of the code team would have to research. write, test, install - and their priority list is generally sorted out more than a year in advance for non-emergencies. (And there is no way that the design team could/would convince them that this is an emergency.)

Prestige housing can be purchased on Kael. If you cannot purchase a specific prestige house there, please specify which one(s) in a separate thread and we can look into why they are not available.

I'm not sure what the "rules" about the Qeynos/Freeport inn room purchases comes from. That housing quest has been around forever, and pops up in your journal the moment you zone into Qeynos Harbor for the Qeynos one, and when you zone into Freeport for the Freeport one. That isn't just KD, that is every single server where that happens. It doesn't care if you are a resident of the city, or even good or evil. The quest is triggered by arriving in the zone and not having the quest.

If you are finding bugs with the server, they need, need, need to go into the bug forum, not just mentioned in an aside in a thread that is going sideways, and edging close into dev-bashing in the last couple posts.

For everyone's sake, I am closing this down as it is getting off topic, and starting to set off tempers. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.