Not A Bug Barren doors quest

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xaber, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Xaber New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: The Barren Sky
    Character: Level 70 Dirge

Summary: Barren doors
    Description: I am at the step where i need to scan the nest for my next update. i got the door knobs in my bag. i can't equip them nor can i use them. i have tried to relog several times. please help. They just stay greyed out in my bag. i have now as /petion suggester tried them on my hotbars. that does not work either. please help
  2. Denmum Developer

They should be a right-click use ... when you are standing in the right spot on the map. There should be a small cyan dot on your minimap to show you where to stand for each step of this quest. This one is at the top of the climbing surface, if I remember right, then the doorbot will travel over to the Nest so the squishy types don't have to mob-dodge. :D
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Xaber New Member

there really are no dots on my map. the walkthrough only gives waypoints to the nest. ive literately gone square by square. please can this part just be updated. I've done all the steps.
  4. Denmum Developer

Try at -593.57, -19.17, -470.72

I'm sorry this has been frustrating you so, and that players have not updated the wiki (which is all done by player input) with the proper location points. :(

This quest series sadly relies heavily on map points, and are in "safe" spots that are often close to mount pads, climbing surfaces, etc., when the doors that you need to scan are surrounded by mobs. (The whole bit about using the door bots is so that the player doesn't have to wade through chunks of mobs to examine the door, when the bot can do so safely.)
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Xaber New Member

And as much as i understand that its us players that updates the quests. this is all the info that is given

Use the [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Basic Doorbot[/COLOR] to scan [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]The Nest of the Great Egg[/COLOR] ( -595, -19, 473) and then its on to the next step. I spend 1 hour walking step by step by step and nothing. can someone please just come and help me or update the quest for me. its not even a reward step. i just want to be able to proceed in the questline.
  6. Laera Member

The correct location is at the top of the 2-part climbing wall near Dora. It will say in green text that it looks like a good spot to release the door bot. This worked for me just now. I did have to use it from my inventory and not off a hot bar.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Denmum Developer

I provided the /loc above.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.