Kael Drakkel question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Juraiya, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

So I created a character on Kael Drakkel after reading the announcement, and I'm really enjoying it. I could have created one before (I'm a full member), but I guess I never realized what the server was like. The auto-mentoring is awesome. I used to have to head to a chronomage when going to any area if I wanted things aggro to me, but now I don't have to. I love it.

But I don't know where I'm supposed to go to spend all those tokens I've earned. I've got a lot of them, and my understanding is that I use them to unlock things on the Live servers, but I don't know where to go to do this. Any pointers, by players that are more experienced on that server? :)
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

There is a vendor in Qeynos Harbor and East Freeport named Ronald that has the items. You buy them on Kael and then your live characters can go to the merchant on live (same merchant) and get them as well.

I noticed that as you do achievements for the hunter quests you don't even have to pay the coins for the appearance items, they are just 0c, and then once you "buy" them it unlocks for live.
    Juraiya likes this.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

Not everything that is available on the Kael server will be available on the others. It's a small subset of items specifically flagged for availability once you start completing the quests that are automatically granted to you. When you've done all eight, then you'll have access to everything tied to that achievement.

Most folks on other servers only care about the green adornment, but some of the appearance gear is nice. If someone is specifically playing on Kael to main a character there, then it doesn't matter much. They'll get the tokens to buy "stuff" but the adornment itself won't mean a bunch to them.
    Juraiya and Feara like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information, both of you! I hadn't looked in either Qeynos or Freeport, but I'll look for that guy now. :)

My character on KD I don't consider my main, but I am playing him quite a lot right now. I probably should join a guild, but I'm not sure if I will. I'm pretty anti-social, so I prefer to solo anyway.
    Pixistik, Picard and Feara like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Sounds like your going to fit right in on KD. Soloing this server myself.
    I rolled on Kael Drakkel right before The Adorn was rolled out,
    my timing always bites :rolleyes:

anyway, I wanted a challenge and to shake it all up. So, I'm unguilded.

If you decide to stay unguilded go straight for the kill and bag the Blueprint: Personal Depots.
    But you still need to harvest the rares. So, you'll have to level up on that.
    Storing harvestable will become an issue pretty quick.

Now that players have stormed KD, these items may be on the broker so check that.

It would be cool to have a Guild made of Soloist.

But... Chatty Cathy's drive me nuts.
    Pixistik and Juraiya like this.
  6. Denmum Developer

The main vendor for the Lore and Legend tokens is actually the version of Ronald Gleneed on the docks of Thurgadin. (If you forget his name, examining the token shows you the information.) The versions in Qeynos and Freeport are pale dopplegangers who are not supposed to carry the token items, but only the items that are to be unlocked for you to obtain on other servers. (His inventory is in the process of being cleaned up for Qeynos and Freeport.)

Also on the Thurgadin docks, standing beside Ronald, is Beck Quantum, who carries a LOT of nice furniture that is unable to be obtained normally on Kael due to expansion limits. It is a decorator's paradise. Go forth and browse! :D
    Siren, Jinksie, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

Ronald heard about what you said about his work at the Qeynos docks. He's very upset and is going to human resources immediately.
    Siren, Pixistik, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  8. Denmum Developer

If HR didn't give me grief over creating the original and naming him as an anagram of "lore and legend", I doubt the clones will get much traction. ;)
    Siren, Pixistik, Andrea and 3 others like this.