Not A Bug Di'Zok Minion Potions from Overseer Rewards are Heirloom

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Anastaise, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Anastaise Active Member

Potions looted from overseer quests are now suddenly tagged as Heirloom. This is a big issue as they can no longer be placed into potion depots. This will take up a lot of inventory space that we just don't have. They have always been no-transmute, but they have never had an heirloom tag. I have looted the following so far and they are all tagged as Heirloom:
    Di'Zok Minion's Elixir of Constitution
    Di'Zok Minion's Elixir of Deftness
    Di'Zok Minion's Elixir of Piety
    Di'Zok Minion's Essence of Health
    Di'Zok Minion's Essence of Power
    Melkior, Breanna, Avarice and 16 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Please don't make these Heirloom. Most people don't sell them because people won't pay for them!
    Tyger, Breanna, Manafizzle and 5 others like this.
  3. Kattt Well-Known Member

I have to add here..the heirloom tag has become way too much of a staple everywhere. It's really making banking/inventory/sorting life a bigger nightmare than it already was. It is like dog with a bone. Please let go of this and make our lives less game-stressful. (I miss the days where you could get gear and then sell on broker...that's long gone.)

Before I could just dump all overseer pots into guild depot, and anyone/any toon that needed them could grab as needed. Now what, I will need to clean more alt toon vaults to store, so I can forget and never use them? This really is grating, and the inventory grind was already unbearable, and honestly some days the bag cleaning is getting to me so much that I debated not playing anymore. No less the grind it takes just one toon for end content. I miss the days of playing 3-4 toons in heroic groups. Now I am lucky to get up to par on just one.

I feel like things are just getting way too over-complicated when they needn't be. End game stuff challenging, yes. Effort to achieve, yes...but over-complicated, no. The bag management is at breaking point for me. Please reconsider how much heirloom/no trade is used...especially on these potions?
    Finora, Tedra, Tyger and 6 others like this.
  4. 8tracks New Member

Seriously, if they're going to keep filling our bags with heirloom items, then at least give us bigger bags. These potions are barely good enough to use, meaning most will just end up being destroyed. At least let us stash them in our house banks.
    Cochuyt, Nunja, Katzandra and 2 others like this.
  5. Caith Developer

Overseer expendables, due to the pace at which they can be obtained, should be Heirloom. The only reason the previous iteration of them were not Heirloom is because we decided to have them reward the same potions as are available via crafting, for stacking purposes. The request we had with the new season was to make everything go into the Overseer bag, which necessitated a new item, and since they are no longer the same item as the crafted potions they are now flagged appropriately as Heirloom.
  6. Sleppen Active Member

Good heavens. If we can't dump these into a depot, we'll need to manually delete them every day. This may be the way you intended it to work, but I hope you'll reconsider.
    SolarFaire, Cochuyt, Smashey and 11 others like this.
  7. Audrel Member

Terrific, yet more crap to destroy.
    Cochuyt, Observing, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  8. Ejiju Member

That simply is not a worthwhile trade-off. I'd be shocked if anyone who asked for everything to go into the overseer bag would still want that if they knew it meant heirloom potions. Now, I have to destroy more junk instead of just letting it depot.
    Cochuyt, Observing, Svenone and 6 others like this.
  9. Anastaise Active Member

The overseer bag needs to be a lot bigger to have room for all of the various "expendables" most of which no one wants anyway. It will be a huge headache to constantly have to delete the plethora of useless temp adorns, potions, etc... just to have a shot at the few useful items.
  10. Moss Well-Known Member

Another decision made by someone not playing his own game, not caring about its paying customers and who have been allowed to take the worst decisions possible years after years under false reasons or problems added to the game by himself.

Changing those items heirlooms make them impossible to put in any depot, flooding our bags with toons of USELESS items that we now have to delete one by one multiple time a day.

If the reason of making those junk items to be heirloom is because you want to protect the crafting version, then why adding them to the overseers rewards in the first place ?

The only good solution is simple : REMOVE THEM FROM OVERSEER REWARDS completly.

We don't want them, we don't need them and having them heirloom is only making the game even worst than it is already.

While you are at it you could remove all consumable items of the game except the food/drink, cure potions and mana/heal potions and the game will bettter. Yes removing all those junk will be the first step to have a game more balanced.

Open your eyes, wake up, I don't know what needs to be done but already players frustration is at its peek and such decision is just making it worst.
    Smashey, Nunja, Dreadys and 9 others like this.
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

The actual response I want to give to this would have symbols in place of the words I'd like to use and would probably get me banned, which at this point I don't know if I even care anymore, so instead, I'll just say... this is dumb
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

Caith, I appreciate what you're saying here. You are saying since we will be getting so many of these, and they are plentiful and easy to get, then they should be heirloom. I understand. I am truly open to a reasonable explanation for this choice. I am not open to, "this is how it has to be period, and we will not explain why." That will drive me away.

I respectfully disagree with this on 2 points. One, if there is an excess, why not give us the ability to distribute throughout players in useful way, and to those who might want? What would be so wrong with either putting into the guild depot and letting other guildies withdraw as they need, or sell on broker to people who might get use of them? Why force us to waste? What is the real problem/issue with that?

Do you make sabertooth totems heirloom because people have crafted hundreds of thousands of them? No, people sell to each other, and the more players that sell them, the more the price goes down. So it's not like that item would then make a ton of plat flow into the game. It is the nature of economics. And yah, one is dropped, and the other crafted. So? What is the real issue?

It appears to players that the developers have become way too attached to heirloom and no trade tags, and we have been given no real explanation as to why this is necessary to the health of the game? It winds up appearing you are trying to control everything and everyone, and not let play flow naturally and smoothly. Give us good reason that makes logical sense, and we could be on board with you. We want this environment to thrive too! We are on the same side if you really look at it. If you have logical reason (not, we think best so leave it and don't question us.) We are adults (mostly) and can accept a reasonable, solid explanation. I am all for logic, and what is best for the game. Most are.

Two, okay let's say that you all have valid, logical reasons for doing this. My second issue is, you are introducing a NEW load on our item/inventory management, without a way to deal with it quickly, and efficiently. Before we could dump into depot and use when needed. It was the one simple part of overseers I actually like...the simplicity of the dump. So, now what?

What winds up happening is there is SO much stuff after 18 years, no one has time to deal with it all AND have fun and still manage real life, that it gets stored somewhere (usually on alts,) forgotten about, and gets rendered useless because of all of that. Why would you all introduce yet another item for us to manage without the proper place to put it? So we can just click, move, and get on with enjoying our game play. That is win-win. That way, we don't spend time shuffling and cleaning, can enjoy the content, can feel pleasure, and come back to game and enjoy it. (This should not be another job.) Instead of, "oh gosh, more stuff, what to do, where to put, this is frustration, and I will go play something else less frustrating!")

This is like saying, "Here...have a huge amount of water, but we will give you no bottles, no jugs, or no glasses to store it in." What we get is a mess.

The last time any bag was introduced to the game that we could craft was 2012! That is over a decade ago. This is an eighteen year game, and we got a new bag recipe over TEN years ago. Yes, we got a few rare special ones like guide quest ones, or other rare quest ones, or a loyalty one (all one-off or lore, mind you.) Yes we got overseer one, but you give us heirloom or no trade items way FASTER than you give us means to do with them. But bag one-offs here and there are no way to handle TEN more years of seemingly endless items. Is this about keeping us in game to clean our bags and bank? Is this about making money on store bought bags? Is this about buying more character slots for use as mules/storage? I can't believe that would be the reason (hope not.) That would be cutting off nose to spite face. That will drive people away in frustration.

I think developers mean the best for game (wish I could say that about owners,) and mean well most times, but don't take the time to think some of these choices through to the end, or what we players go through to manage our game time.

I hardly do overseers now because I just don't have the patience to deal with that much junk anymore. So did you want this feature ignored...like dungeon maker? If I am ever to get back to doing overseer, at this point I will probably delete the potions. I just cannot handle more stuff I cannot willingly give, trade, depot, or sell to other players who could make good use of something...if I do not want it, or don't have time to deal with it. Why are developers SO adverse to us players trading items with each other, that the other one wants or can make use of? You are literally blocking off means to do something man has done since the beginning of time...trading and giving to one another freely and by choice.

I want you to know that I appreciate you took the time to come here and try to say something...anything. That is a good start. It opens up a dialogue. That is so needed here. I would rather we discuss and work out, then silence, and players and devs giving up on each other...or worse resentment from both sides. Communities thrive when all person's within listen to each other, and work together. Even when we disagree.

My last quick and final thought is this: So, if you wind up staying with this choice, and you hopefully give good reason for doing so, what are you going to do to address our space management frustrations upon adding this additional burden to us? If you are giving us yet another glass of water, where do we get the glass to put it in, and the space for the glass?

Thank you for the communication. I get the feeling yours (and other devs) job has become stressed and time crunched, so I appreciate your time and effort. =) I mean it.
    Cochuyt, Observing, Tyger and 5 others like this.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The request you had was to be able to put them into the overseer bag and not make them heirloom. I myself literally run many different toons to obtain potions a day and support it this way. You just literally made that impossible to do and the going cost of supplies makes it super hard to keep up. So no caith, you once again did not listen to anything. Of anything at all, get rid of the stupid overseer bag and temp items anyway. Put these good potions back into TSer hands.

So once again, you don’t play the game, you make rash decisions that YOU think is best and look how that’s been. Now this garbage. You just lost more accounts that I really only kept active for overseer since you made them “best in slot” potions and what not. Seriously just listen to you player base and not make decisions you think is right.

I’m sure I’ll either get banned, you will delete this, or close it for comments. Hopefully people will stay up in arms over this like they did the personal loot.
    Cochuyt, Observing, Tedra and 6 others like this.
  14. Kattt Well-Known Member

I have an after-thought here. When it comes to compromise, I am of the addage, "If you can't go with A) argument/solution, and you also can't do the B) one, then come up with a C) solution." It does not always have to be one or other. Come up with additional solutions. Don't just hand us players another problem...which has been done. Ideas, please?

My only thought, if even plausible, are personal, account-wide depots. Meaning, only that whole account can look in it and do anything with it. Yes, it is *like* a shared bank bag, but the difference is, it would allow only that item type, and nothing else. I could see personal account depots for many item types like mount gear (which is a nightmare in and of itself,) temp adorns, gear, patterns...and well heck, the list goes on and on until us players pull hair out. Seriously...you all are stressing us out and giving greys with managing stuff!

Please, this game is eighteen years old, this is bound to happen. Let us work together in finding a better way?

I am not just complaining here. I am trying to offer another possible solution. Help us...work with us, please?
    I am at near breaking point with the stuff! I just left for 2-3 months because of it, and debate giving up, each time I stare at bank cleaning prospects lately.
    Help??

Can anyone offer any other plausible solutions? I am willing to listen.
  15. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I mean.. stupid decisions like this is what's single handedly killing the game and the will of a lot of folks to log in. You want to talk about "engagement?" The simple fact of logging in and running 10 passive quests a day isn't really "engaging" however, putting potions in a depot and helping OTHER PLAYERS in an MMO is indeed "engaging" player to player. Good job killing that engagement.

I really don't know how much longer the friends I have in this game is going to keep me playing, especially with multiple ways of keeping in touch with them.
    Cochuyt, Sarnando, Observing and 2 others like this.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Good lord. I already have six bags of heirloom consumables on one of my mules, which I always forget about because they're on a mule and not in a depot. Now we're going to have MORE of this? I stopped doing Overseer for half a year last year because this annoyed me - I may do that again. This just isn't worth it.
    Cochuyt, Observing, Marranda and 4 others like this.
  17. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Or just stop spewing out trash from the overseer. Only thing most of us want is agents, missions, temp adorns that cants be crafted and lvling potions for merc/mount/familiar. Recipe books are fine too but maybe have them smart loot and only give once after we learn them.

If we need poisons and potions we can craft them or get them crafted, no need for overseer to vomit them out...
  18. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Caith, please reconsider.

This creates more pain for the player.

The devs have chased the problem -> solution -> new side problem --> new soltion --> new problem chain too far.

The created problems MUST be more problematic than the original problem. Go back to the original problem, whatever it was, and start a new solution chain.

Hints: potions should be produced by the tradeskill class that makes potions.
    Depots designed to store things should be able to store those things.
    Players should not "earn" "rewards" which the most frequent action is to destroy those "rewards".

The overseer mechanic as it is, is literally more pain for the players than it is worth right now.
  19. EmJay Well-Known Member

The first sentence in your statement is silly and makes absolutely no sense at all. It's just another made-up explanation you use to try to justify another bad decision. The "temporary" temp adorns and now these heirloom potions and poisons, which, btw, are worse than the plateau versions, are completely useless and just another frustration to have them clutter up our bags. Maybe the Overseer stash bag should have been designed with 100 slots so it could easily hold all the crap from the overseer feature and, you know, out of sight, out of mind. Better yet, the Overseer feature should be completely removed from the game where it never did belong to begin with.

Caith, you also make no sense when you said "since they are no longer the same item as the crafted potions, they are now flagged appropriately as Heirloom." What the heck does one thing have to do with the other? "Flagged appropriately"???
    What does that even mean? Appropriately to whom? Seems heirloom has completely lost it's original meaning and intent somewhere along the way.

These heirloom flags need to be removed so they can be placed into the depot. It's as simple as that.
  20. Chath Well-Known Member

Look, here's a solution. Instead of heirloom temp adorns and heirloom potions, give us some currency item with which we can buy heirloom temp adorns and heirloom potions off the overseer merchant. No more clutter, rate can be the same or less and no one cares, everyone's happy aside from the implementation time it requires.