Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow channel....

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Chikkin, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

stopped being cross server....

We miss all the people from other servers in that channel

Can it be fixed somehow?

Please
    /prayerhands
    /plead
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

YES PLEASE FIX! WE NEED IT BACK!
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Denmum mentioned on Discord that it's because of the Tarinax merger. Earliest fix would be Tuesday.

It's not the first time the channel hasn't been accessible from other servers, but the last time it happened was a couple years ago.
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I may not log on much, but when I do, I need my Homeshow!
    :D
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I just looked - I don't see anything about this in the bug forums - not that it would matter considering it's just chat & the Homeshow channel, but still...
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I wondered what was going on. I couldn't join and talk about the new Brew Day stuff and got so sad. :(
  7. Spextasy Well-Known Member

there is a maj_dul.homeshow if people want to use that as a temporary solution til the AB / cross server thing is fixed.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Can this be somehow prevented from happening again on March 21st when Kaladim is merged into AB?
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

My theory is that if you just make Maj_dul.Homeshow the universal homeshow channel, you won't have to worry about it happening anymore with AB getting the merges.
  10. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Interesting theory. But, we also know all too well how the logic and code of this game can be. . . . fickle. LOL
    Honestly, I'd never heard of Maj_Dul.Homeshow until this thread. Is it as lively as the AB Homeshow channel? Is it more just folks on Maj'Dul ?? I'm a Gnome, I have a curious mind, and I want to know! ;):p Either way, I'm obviously going to open it to see what's what, though. :D
  11. Crazylayde Active Member

Going to join the Maj_dul channel for now. I need you all's input and brains!!!! Can't decorate alone :(
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

We pretty much made it right now just for the fact that AB.Homeshow has a repeated history of inaccessibility.
  13. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

it's not just the server merge that it goes wonky on. If I'm alt hopping around, and I'm NOT on AB to start (mostly Maj'Dul), and I alt away off it, only to return, I lose the channel.. And if by chance I can join it again, I can't see anything at all in it..
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Someone must've fixed something because Homeshow is once more open to non AB characters.
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Not for me on Skyfire . . still not working.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cassta like this.
  17. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa. I don't know why the rest of us didn't think of that. :oops: :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. daicia Well-Known Member

Any word on this? I have been playing off and on since 2005ish and used to be a very active wiki editor, especially for updates related to housing and Live Events. When the chat channel broke ages ago after mergers last time, I lost all interest. I was hoping to come back to find it changed, but so far it still looks broken on AB.

I don't care one bit about anything outside of housing, so not having this chat makes it feel extra barren in the game. I don't want to leave my current guild, since we've been around almost since launch. We're small though and I can play for weeks without being logged in at the same time as one of them.

I'm logging off and will probably cancel again until it's fixed. What a bummer.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Denmum Developer

If you are still having issues, open your uisettings file for that character and delete only the channel line in there mentioning homeshow. Then log in and manually rejoin the channel. A couple of my alts ended up stuck not able to access it until I did that.

In notepad, open the following file:
    EQII directory, find the file that is servername_charactername_eq2_uisettings.xml ... such as Test_Niami_eq2_uisettings.xml
    Once in there, ctrl-f to bring up the Find window, type in homeshow. You may first see something that has a LOT of seeming gibberish around it, but if you hit the down arrow that is part of that Find window, you should see something like:

That is the only line you want to touch, and you want to delete it, then save the file. Then log in and try to join antonia_bayle.homeshow.
  20. daicia Well-Known Member

I'll try this tonight! Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Denmum like this.