KD achievements didn't unlock appearance gear on live

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Manafizzle, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

The info seems unclear. If having achievements that earn the KD appearance gear on KD means we are supposed to be able to buy those appearance items on live, the items I earned there aren't purchasable by my live toons.

I can't really tell if it's meant to unlock with the achievements on KD or I also need to do the new dailies/achievement to open them up.

It seems to say one or the other on the items on the merchant. Feedback: Make that clearer, please?
    Feara likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

The first day's achievement unlocked the helm and gloves, if I remember correctly. You'd have to mouse over carefully to see that they are purchaseable, though, as they just change to a different shade of grey for the name on the merchant. Each quest will unlock specific pieces, and if you mouse over them, you can see which unlock with what achievement.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Right, I can see some items on Maj'Dul now. But, I have done the KD achievements that unlocked the items for my KD char (way before these changes) and I can't buy them on Maj'Dul.

The pretty cloak, for example. I have it on KD, but it's not unlocked.

Maybe this is how it works. I may be misunderstanding the words on the items.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain - despite the somewhat vague wording - that only the *new* appearance items are earnable for live. They haven't made all the KD server-specific stuff available to earn on KD account-wide, as of yet, I don't think.
  5. Caith Developer

For anyone that had previously unlocked the cloak on Kael Drakkel, I wasn't about to take it away and lock the purchase behind the new requirement, but those achievements are not even on others servers to check against.

In other words, the achievement requirement only allows you to purchase it on the Kael Drakkel server, those achievements are specific to the Lore and Legend server and not even loaded on other servers, even if a character had somehow obtained them where they don't exist. To purchase anything on the live servers you will need to complete the Legend Hunting quests on Kael for that specific item, for the cloak that would be Legend Hunting: The Shadow Odyssey.
    Feara, Dude, Manafizzle and 1 other person like this.
  6. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

That clarifies what seemed unclear, thanks.
    Dude likes this.