Kael Drakkel and it's new destiny

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Feara, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

Playing on Kael Drakkel is about to become even more friendly! Characters on Lore and Legend servers will receive a powerful enhancement that will allow them to take on heroic and many raid encounters solo!

Furthermore, accounts will be able to earn a new green adornment that scales between character level 50 and 125, and unlock the Kael Drakkel appearance armor sold by Ronald Gleneed, the Lore Token Merchant. The appearance armor and new adornment are unlocked account-wide and may be bought from Ronald Gleneed in both Freeport and Qeynos Province District on all servers. While on the Kael Drakkel server, you will find a whole slew of new housing items to spend Lore and Legend Tokens on to make your stay even more comfortable.

Between April 6 and April 25, we will be kicking off these permanent changes above by making the Kael Drakkel server available to all players—even those without membership—and granting a Jumpa-Lope pet to all accounts who log into the Lore and Legend server!
    Majesty and Buggabug like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I'm not thinking so. The way I'm reading it, it's permanent. I don't know why their doing that unless they are testing to see if this is going to pull in a large market of players. I believe it will and if this does, we may very well be witnessing the greatest directional turn in EQII history. This could really change the game if it's successful.

If you give single players, solo uber god like abilities, their just going to want more.
    Bella22 and Aenvar like this.
  3. Bella22 New Member

I agree that I do not believe allowing free to play players is good for the server. Why should people pay for something when they can get it free? It would be better to do what WOW does: allow anyone to play free with limiting constraints until level 20. That allows people to see of they like the game. After 20 they have to subscribe.
    I hope you take my advice since I have been playing EQ and EQ2 for over 20 years or so and love EQ2. I have 2 paid accounts and several free ones for family members. The only thing I could wish for is a true archer like in WOW or GW2. And I hope that EQ2 continues for another 20 years. I love the appearance tab and the guildhalls and the many housing options.I have over 20 characters that I play regularly.
    Good luck and I hope you take my advice
    l regularly play my 2 accounts on Kael Drakkel.
  4. Denmum Developer

The Free-to-play part is only temporary until the end of April 25, along with the free jack-a-lope mount.
    Majesty, Siren, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's a kangalope. Jeez!!
    Majesty, Siren, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

And it's in demand. Congrats!

Big hit.

Chat has been a flame ~ "Where do I find the Kangalope?"
    Siren and ttobey like this.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Ought to keep the FTP option open or, possibly, just limited to 20-30 days.

Might help attract new players all year long instead of just for this event.
    Picard likes this.
  8. Malachy Well-Known Member

Thank you for bringing the server back to life.

I believe if minor adjustments were made to this server it could be a much better experience.
    1. Put the buff in the knowledge book and have two versions -- heroic (reduced from now) and raid (current).
    2. Put multi-color adornment slots on the L&L progression gear.
    3. Have achievements open up adornments that could be purchased from the L&L merchant, like the green one now, except it would include HQ type adornments and others scaled at 90.
    These changes would make the content more challenging, when it is desired by players, give reasons to pursue the progression gear, and achievements. The scaling makes progression gear pointless since you're over cap almost instantly in every zone, including DoV raid zones. Without implementing 1 & 2 above, I think the server should be available to all.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

I really like this idea.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

As a Soloist it would be cool to be able to join Guild Societies that are created by the Developers that Soloist could join that gives and keeps on giving benefits of some kind at higher levels.

Adventure and Crafting Guild Societies.

You know, like they had in real life, like in the days of old.
    Buggabug likes this.
  11. Mugwort Active Member

Changing citizenship provides a means of being automatically enrolled into different city faction groups that (under normal circumstances) provide writs and quests for adventurers and tradeskill enthusiasts.

Mage, scout, fighter and priest sectors in each city have unique items and titles that represent their "Guilds and Societies". Unfortunately, the adventure writ system is broken on KD and only a handful are available.

The one thing I miss on KD is being able to grab adventure faction writs before heading out. The auto-mentoring system seemed ideal for this, but apparently the existing adventure writ system didn't mesh well with auto-mentoring.

KD has a lot of possibilities. From the fashionista hunting wardrobe items in the deepest and most difficult dungeons to the slayers bragging about titles. Just been an all-around enjoyable server, but some form of level appropriate adventure writs would be nice.
  12. Majesty Active Member

I normally stay on the live server. I always feel like there is to much to do to adventure out on another one. That is just me. However, I saw the Kangalope and thought I would give it a try. I LOVE it! I love the auto mentoring. I am looking forward to enjoying Norrath all over again. Thank you for starting this server.:)
    haphop, Alenua, Buggabug and 2 others like this.
  13. Feara Well-Known Member

Not sure if you were responding to my Guild Societies post or not, so if not disregard. If you were, then my response is

Yes but do they have their own Guild chat? This is one reason I like the idea.
    I would love for Soloist to be able to connect and just not on Kael Drakkel.
    We are really :cool: players, we really are.

We may Solo but hey, we got stuff to say.
    Alenua likes this.
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

May I add to this statement?

I never thought I would say this but STOP.
    I can't take it anymore. I don't have enough bag space.
    Their killing me with all the awesome looking gear.
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

And agréé with majesty, this server is nice.
    I think I know why, no hunters, no weeklies /daylies, no pressure to end this or that .
    Just for that, it's a pleasure to log on, the day being much more determined by your own choices, than feeling obliged to accomplish such game mechanics .
    Is quite appreciable, because rather rare in an mmo now.Obviously I put aside this rune which for many and myself was the engine of this discovery ;)
    Much more when you welcomed there in a beautiful way, thank you Jeremy (1st at leaderboard still i presume), Very nice player
    Buggabug and Feara like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You just need to buy more wardrobe slots. Alternatively, use really big boxes in your bank and house vaults! LOL
    Feara likes this.
  17. Alenua New Member

I feel the same. Thanks from me too. I'm really liking this server. I'd been away from eq2 quite a (long) while and it's daunting to start again on the normal servers. I've done that a couple times before. I also needed more chill in my life, which this server gives me. No pressure, just doing what I feel like doing in any zone . Revisiting various quests etc. It's great. Subscribed two accounts.