I'm blind; where are the Crossbow recipes? :-/

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My Woodworker can make the BOLTS for just about any tier (and I don't recall getting those recipes specifically; might've just been something auto-snuck in there ;->), but I don't see anything on her list for the crossbows themselves. Are they made by Weaponsmiths, since they're mostly metal? Whatever wood they use would just be for the stock; basically the handle. The "bow" itself, the trigger, the other mechanics, would be metal if they're based on RL ones. :-/

Uwk
  2. Denmum Developer

Crossbows were added with AoM or PoP, if memory serves, so there are no low-level crossbow recipes, only ones for 100+ on woodworkers. There are lower-level bolt recipes as there are some crossbows that drop, especially on TLE servers, and they needed bolts to go with them.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, Crossbows didn't become a thing until Planes of Prophecy. You won't find them below level 100 at best.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Unless you're on a TLE server... ;->

Uwk
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't think I ever saw a crossbow on any TLE server till level 50 when they show up for hunter quest rewards.
    I sometimes go for lower level bolts to save on money for my priests and mages.
    Priests and mages still can use their ranged abilities without ammunition, but I got tired of seeing the massage you don't have the ammunition required.
    And didn't we get some lower level crossbows even on Regular servers for some festivals?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.