How to level once 100 (w/o PoP signature quests)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by BobLoblaw, Apr 6, 2023.

1. BobLoblaw New Member

How hard is it to level past 100 w/o the benefit of the sig. line quests (A Stitch in Time: Part X)? Say you do the sig line once for a given tradeskill class, but then tradeskill respec to another class. Are city writs not viable? How much xp do the daily "A Restitch in Time" quests give? Any other way to get past 100? Thanks in advance.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, at this point the XP curve is so steep that only tradeskill quests will really get you ahead. You can bypass the PoP repeatables and move on to Chaos Descending once you are a level 110 crafter. See the Tradeskill Timeline on the wiki.
    Feara likes this.
  3. BobLoblaw New Member

So if a high-level tradeskiller respecs, they are doomed to never get past lv 100 in their new class? I just did a lv 100 rush order and gained ~7% at lv 100 (full vitality). This seems reasonable. Does it get worse past lv 100? I don’t mind doing say 20-50 rush orders per level, but not 100s per level.
  4. Denmum Developer

You "can" do writs, and while it is a grind, it is doable. We've got at least one masoch- ... um ... member of the community who has done it several times now ... on the same character. :)
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Long time ago when that expansion's beta came out the tradeskill line wasn't even ready, then they scrapped it and started over. It was possible to do with rush orders, it took about 300 of them to get to 110. Your experience might vary depending on vitality, max level character experience bonus and such things, but it's definitely possible even if mind numbingly boring.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. I was here this morning checking this thread because I’ve been considering a respec.
    BobLoblaw’s last question really never got answered.
    So roughly 300ish from 100-110.
    Again, thanks.
    Tedra and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah. Wasn't up from November (which, iirc, is when the expac came out) until February of the next year. And to think: it might've been even worse than what eventually resulted! :eek:

This is why I've Tokened up my primary crafters on each server, my main Carpies; to let them get PAST that nightmare... X-P

(And possibly my bragging/whinging about it made The Powers eliminate the Tradeskill Level Token from the expacs except for the most expensive edition, where they can only be given out to other people? :-/)

Uwk
    Geroblue and Kittybock like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

As someone who has intentionally reset the tradeskill class TEN (10) times (I'm a quester and most of the classes serve no personal function to me, and yes I do have a few alts to help with some of the functions I do want or need), here is my guide to leveling up post-sig lines.

At level 100, you will want to do the PoP questline. It'll give you enough XP to get to 120 by itself with proper vitality management. Yes, the questline really does give 20 levels worth of XP, if not more into 125. The reward is one of the best in the game for tradeskillers and the storyline is just awesome! If you have already completed the questline, your only option is to do the weekly tradeskill quests. Do the daily harvests to give you materials, then do the three daily tradeskill quests to complete the weekly. With proper vitality management, you can get into the 110s with 2 weeklies.

CD's timeline is worth it for the reward, but it came in an expansion that had no level increase, so the XP you get from the questline is actually very minimal, almost negligible. It does open up the Anchorage quests and instance found in Cobalt Scar, if you have any reason to travel there and invest in the currency it rewards.

BoL's timeline gets you from 110 to 120 fairly quickly, but if you've already done PoP, then you should be 120 or close to it. Reign of Shadows also came during an expansion with no level increase. I personally cannot confirm how much XP it would give, as I completed it while I was already 120. Getting back to 125 after you've completed the VoV tradeskill timeline can be a little bit of a slog, but it's not horrible. There are a ton of daily research missions that will give you enough XP to get from 120 to 125 if you grind them out for about two weeks. The research missions in:

- Daini the Wright in Recuso Tor in The Blinding
    - Xavi Heliul, the ghost by the cave leading to Fordel Midst in Aurelian Coast
    - Purihni "The Edge" Fordell III inside the Bazaar in Fordel Midst
    - Gundeg "The Anvil" Midst inside the Bazaar in Fordel Midst
    - Fivalt inside Echo Caverns near the zone from Fordel Midst
    - Erdani Ruilep in Savage Weald

The four missions in RoS all require you to harvest first, and then *obtain* a rare material for the combine. You don't have to harvest it, but the missions check to confirm you have the rare in your inventory before telling you what to craft.

There's also Renfry's Basement in Visions of Vetrovia. The dailies and weeklies don't give very much XP (and Denmum confirmed she can't just adjust it-- that's someone else's call), but they do contribute to reaching 125 with the other research missions. It's up to you to determine if all the time it takes harvesting the special materials is worth the effort. The XP gain from the PoP weeklies has also dropped off post-level 120, but also can contribute a bit.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

If you use double xp pots, for the first two PoP TS instances, you will get to 120. Once you get to 120 ,doing the TS sig line, in VoV, is easy and fairly quick if you do daily overseer quests. I got enough rares, from the overseer quests, to complete the sig line on all my 120 crafters. Just make sure you take a Potion of Innovation with you, when you do the sig line, for the final combine.

And while I have had few problems getting my 100's to 125, getting a 110, to 120 is pure misery, IMHO. I did it with one character and that was enough.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The topic poster is asking for how to level up again after they've already completed the sig lines.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Sorry,
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Tedra New Member

Late to reply but i did rush crafting writs in the guild hall. I did have my hammer of adept for my vitality and used an exp pot/vitality pot that I got from buying one of the undying packs. But even without vitality I was still getting some nice exp from each writ.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You get significantly more XP from the PoP weekly mission and the daily research missions in BoL/RoS.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Has this been nerfed?

I'd started the TS line in PoP on one of my alts that was 100 and this was absolutely not the outcome.

I had 200% Vet bonus, 100% XP potion, and full vitality.

The First PoP TS turn in gave me only about 2 TS levels.

At this point, it appears that I'd have to do the entire TS line to get to 110. Compared to running alts through the BoL, or VoV TS lines, this seems harsh.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Well, after perusing forums, it seems that the PoP TS line IS working as intended. Apparently the XP was changed at some point earlier this year.

Guess my TS alts I was working on are gonna stay forever in TS limbo. IMHO, this takes far too long in comparison to some of the other timelines. I did find a couple posts that at one point this gave ridiculous XP, so I can see why they made a change, but in my opinion, this takes it too far the other direction. /shrug.
  16. Denmum Developer

It should get you to level 110, at which point the next two expansions of TS content unlock.

The PoP line was never meant to bypass 4-5 expansions worth of tradeskill content. Since there wasn't a dedicated tradeskill developer during a chunk of that time, the fact that it did so was missed for far, far longer than it should have been.

Anything above and beyond leveling your character into the next expansion of content should always be considered icing on the cake, not something to be expected - especially now that almost all the danger in the line has been negated. (If, for some reason it does not level you to 110 by completing the sigline, please do say something, but getting to 110 is still going to be several orders of magnitude faster than the adventuring side of things gets.)

~Mum
  17. Feara Well-Known Member

18. Denmum Developer

Yes - we now have multiple threads on the topic and all of them were bumped in the last day. I'm not feeling up to repeating myself in each one of them. :) (Additionally, we have no control over the content of the Wiki - that is all player-written/submitted, so if something is out-of-date there, then any player reading this can log in over there and update it. :D)
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

Thank you, I will send them here.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Actually, I did not even know that this was a concern, until I came to the forums trying to see if this was working as intended. I'd recently returned to the game and had taken several alts through the VoV crafting timeline, which I found quite doable. I'm guessing that others are just now discovering this as they run through old alts, while waiting for the next expac to drop.