What Happened To Our Rare Harvest Chance?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Tonight I was trying to harvest bubinga lumber to make 30 High Keep chairs, for our guild hall, and found myself crying in frustration and anger that the lumber is so rare--or so I thought.

My character is maxed trades and harvesting so getting bubinga lumber should be easy, but then I checked my rare harvest chance and saw that instead of 28% I now only have 9% chance. If I removed Pegasus, earring, and cloak I had 8% chance so adding those items didn't gain me much nor does having all harvesting AAs up or having Bountiful Harvest active. I currently have harvested 629 swamp ash and have gotten 3 bubinga for my efforts.

This is my third try, today, and I am beyond discouraged. In 6 hours of play I've gotten precious little of the wood I need.
  2. Denmum Developer

I am ... confused.

Are you saying that you normally have 28%, and now only have 9%, with the same exact gear as before, AAs and buffs going as you usually do? If so, which specific items have lost rare harvest chance? On which server?

I know of nothing that has changed, and I need a lot more specific details before I can even attempt to figure out what happened.
  3. Raeven Well-Known Member

Things that add to rare harvest which perhaps you forgot to equip?

A familiar, there a a few that give rare harvest chance.
    A mount, one from svarni ts line gives rare chance i think, or perhaps it just ups your harvest skills.
    There is a saddle and a hackamore that add to your chance.
    The little french bulldog pet that you get from the achievement Amok in the Desert gives rare harvest chance.
    There is a helmet you can buy in Reign of Shadows with tradeskill tokens

When i go harvesting i have a set of gear full of nails, enough to give me 100% chance for bountiful harvest and as many as i can put on that up my harvesting skills. I believe higher harvest skills increase the chance of rares, but i could be wrong about that.

I go to Obol Plains to harvest etherwood, and average about 2 per 1000 swamp ash. I don't count the bubinga, but i know i get a lot more than i get of etherwood.
  4. Dockter Well-Known Member

This all goes back to their ninja change in RHC months and months ago. RHC used to be a real stat in the older zones, stuff before BoL. After I gripped that RHC wasn't working in BoL someone investigated it and found that RHC was suppose to be a stat multiplier instead of a baseline stat. They ninja changed it, barely made mention of it and ruined the RHC stat completely.

Rare harvest chance might as well be removed from the game its pointless OR.... put it back the way it was but make sure it works uniform across all expansions.

Older zones shouldn't have the same RHC as current expansions. Blacked Iron Clusters shouldn't be 1600 plat....
    Carynn, Lysia and Almee like this.