What doesn't fit in the home depot?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Denmum, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Cyliena Well-Known Member

This book still won't go into the home depot. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

It "should" go in with the next proper patch as it is fixed internally.
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I didn't check until yesterday but yes, it works now, thank you! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Denmum like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

\aITEM -1851331069 -1877926723:The Codex of the Khati Sha\/a

this still does not go in depot
  5. Evilary Well-Known Member

I have the perfect solution. If it doesn't fit into the depot, send it to me. I'll take care of it for you...
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! And will folks ever see it again...? ;)

(Sorry, just going by the name... :D)

It is odd, though, that any book that can be freely traded but not customized (like a blank book/card) wouldn't be able to go in the depot... :-/

Uwk
  7. Evilary Well-Known Member

Of course they wouldn't see it again. Otherwise they might have issues again...;)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, you're the soul of compassion, Evilary... :D

Uwk
  9. Denmum Developer

Because it was a manual change to items to get them to fit into the depot, and all books and signs were automagically excluded after it was realized that it broke customizable-anything. For example, a blank notebook and the same type of notebook with text in it have the same item id, and the depot isn't smart enough to tell the difference.

Anything reported here that we actually act upon requires us to go in and manually edit the item to go into the depot.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow ow ow ow ow... X-P

So, not much in the way of convenient (for everyone, but especially the programmers) tags on the items? :(

Hugs! :-/

Uwk
  11. Vichane Well-Known Member

I am not certain that this is on purpose, but just in case!

The merchant in freeport for the kael drakkel server has house items on him that are no-trade so they don't fit in the depot. I will give a list:

Citrine Gazing Orb
    Empty Void Beast Containment Unit
    Open Stone Coffin
    Ornate Sebilis Tomb
    Platinum Dragon Bust
    Purple Haze Cryptic Lamp
    Red Haze Mystic Wall Lamp
    Short Kerra Totem
    Sullon Zek Idol
    Tallon Zek Idol

Was this on purpose?
  12. Evilary Well-Known Member

No trade items aren't supposed to go into the depot as it's like a shared bank. As to if the items were meant to be no trade, that's something I cannot answer.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially on Kael Drakkel? Isn't that the server with a lot less restrictions on things, like nothing's tagged Heirloom, for example? :-/

(And it's probably one of those servers that, much like Public Test, can't be transferred off of... :-/)

Uwk
  14. Vichane Well-Known Member

The items i listed are from the kael drakkel merchant on Antonia Bayle. They should be heirloom, not no-trade, otherwise what's the point?
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Visitor's Token that players can obtain from the Guide's holiday celebration zone is listed as No-Trade and No-Value, and thus cannot be put into the depot.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waaay too many things have been tagged that recently. My question is this: if something is vendor-trashable to the tune of like maybe silver, how in the bloody hell can that be a plat duplicating threat? Why not just tag everything No-Buy-Back, rather than No-Value on everything? :-/

Uwk
  17. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I once found an exploit that sold a 0c item back for 7c. Seven copper. Don't underestimate bot programs and how much effort they will go through to make sure they don't have to do anything at all. -- Edit for clarification, the exploit has long since been fixed. Don't be getting any ideas.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't. ;->

At least, not for that... :D

But if it's been fixed, why slap the No-Value tag on everything, apparently recently? :-/

Uwk
    who can understand about things like Fuels and crafting mats; harder to accidentally sell those to a vendor ;->
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The no-value tag was the fix.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Some fix... X-P

At least we have the Wardrobe, so if we have to destroy things, at least they won't go completely to waste. X-P

Uwk