Bog Mountain's Eruption Is A Blast

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Almee, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Bog Mountain's Eruption is so much fun to do. It is fairly quick, group friendly, straight forward, and has really good rewards. Kudos to whoever came up with this Brew Day quest. I wish there were more like this one as it rewards grouping. while not requiring it. plus we don't need Wiki to do it.
    Jaden, Cassta, Feara and 1 other person like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Well, it seems I have to take back part of my kudos. I got to stand around, for about 5 minutes, waiting for the mobs to turn aggro again. There wasn't a blasted thing to do, while I waited, except fume. I am so sick of DP acting like every player has 24 hours a day to spend playing this game. If I was a normal player, with 2 hours max, a day, 5 minutes of standing around would make me start looking for another game.
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Runnyeye choppers, and Runnyeye spellflingers set their level and turn aggro when you enter their AOI, while you are on the quest. Some run around in a small region, close to their spawn point, others run a path. If you remain standing in one spot they *may* happen to move towards you, and thus turn attackable, but that's only if they happen to randomly approach you. The better way to ensure that they turn attackable is to approach them.

Grungetalon beastriders will always jump out and attack you. They are swift, and masters of staying hidden until they see someone to attack. The only way to find them is to draw them out by moving around. So again, the best advice is to move about, search the region around Bog Mountain and keep your eyes peeled.

~ Kaitheel
    Jaden, Twyla, Cassta and 1 other person like this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

The mobs turned aggro when I broke up the group. Two members got aggro, the other two, despite running all over the Bog Mountain area couldn't get one mob to aggro them. I deleted the quest,, and tried again. No luck. Even the ones that seem to appear out of nowhere ignored us so I logged. I went back a couple hours later and everything went as usual.

This is the second time it has happened. The first time, other groups, around us, seem to have had the same problem. I assumed it was a timer keeping the mobs from attacking until the second instance, when I saw they would attack the two members that left the group. The first time, they started attacking again after about 5 minutes of being idle so I was surprised when it didn't happen during the second instance.

So far, I have run the quest at least 78 times spread over 4 servers. I've only had the program bulk twice so it really isn't worth the effort to figure out why it bulked. It appears to be a random event that happens on the fifth Sunday of the month with a blue moon lol.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

Well scratch the once in a blue moon thing. It has happened again. We killed 11 of the required 12 and not one freaking goblin will aggro in the whole mountain range. This is so depressing. We missed a whole day of play and now the quest won't work. This has been one messed up event.
  6. Mugwort Active Member

Try running around the flowered trees. It could be counter clockwise. If not, try the other direction. Seems Grungetalon beastriders get riled up when someone runs around flowered trees.
    Feara likes this.