Coercer Epic Spell Quest

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Moss, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Moss Well-Known Member

• Epic Spell Quests:
      • Defeating challenges needed for the ancient upgraded spell within Takish Badlands: The Boundless Gulf should no longer send the success message for upgrading the spell if you do not require that specific target. This was a visual bug only.
    Quest: Coercer's Foretold Prophecy
    Step: Find a way to upgrade my scroll to Ancient (step 1)
    Character: Moss (Thurgadin)

Got the message (again) tonigh on killing "Lockmaw", but the quest did not update.

(1679259287)[Sun Mar 19 21:54:47 2023] \#00FF00You feel a surge of sudden power, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target.

Is the patch only applied to Takish Badlands and not Sandstone Delta ?
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Moss Well-Known Member

Same problem again this time in Takish Badlands, message on kill of "Avenging Desert Spectre"

(1679265691)[Sun Mar 19 23:41:31 2023] \#00FF00You feel a surge of sudden power, but it was not quite enough... You should seek a stronger target.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

The patch update specifically relates to a bug with the T3 kill showing progress when it wasn't; Gninja was made aware of the T2 issue doing the same thing, but I haven't checked with him to see if there is a fix coming for it or whether it is actually bugged since I brought it up initially.
  4. Moss Well-Known Member

May be the patch note is incomplete or relate to another step of the quest, only the person who made the fix would know. I'll not ask why all the similar steps of the quest have not been verified while they were fixing this issue...

But that does not change the fact that the quest is still not working properly.
  5. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

If it relates to the T3 then it's still bugged. One of our Mystics got the message from both the mushroom and goblin in Takish last night, when I'm pretty sure the Mystic spell was disco'd off the fishman
  6. Gninja Developer

The issue is sending the message for earlier fights but when I looked it over I wasn't looking at that part of it since I hadn't got any reports of that happening till after. I will look all of those over again and make sure they are all working the correct way. It is just a visual thing though the actual updates are working properly. Should have any adjustments in for next update.
    Jinksie, Scrappyz, Moss and 1 other person like this.