Pack Pony and Holiday Harvests

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Melkior, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Melkior Well-Known Member

Hey Denmum, every time a holiday rolls around, I inevitably send out my Pony for Holiday Harvests I don't need as I am used to just selecting the bottom option. This wastes a 2 hours harvest run, and those mats go to waste in a depot.

Any way the holiday option could be added to the top of the list instead of the bottom? Or maybe have the Holiday option have a confirm? Another option would be to add an option to cancel the current run and start a new one.

Just a few things I thought of that would make this less of an issue. It's not the world's biggest problem for sure, but it would be a nice QoL improvement. Thanks for any consideration you give this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Moving the option is not a viable solution as that simply moves the problem from one set of players to another. I regularly select top option for instance. I would however, love an option to cancel a current run and redirect the pony elsewhere.
    Finora, Hartsmith, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured that might be the case. I certainly didn't want to pass off the problem to others, even if it is a smaller number. That is why I put down as many potential solutions as I could think of. I'd be fine with the Holiday harvest staying where it is, and just going to a second set of options. "Yes please harvest holiday harvests", or "Just saying hello". The problem with the holiday harvest option now is there is just no way to back out of it once you accidentally hit it.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Accidentally hitting things is a constant problem for those of us with failing dexterity in this pixel perfect requirement intolerant interface. Hence my preference for a cancel option after the fact.
    Almee, Cassta, Morukta and 2 others like this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Agreed. I would love to see that. I wasn't sure how hard that would be to implement though, so was suggesting alternatives so that perhaps we could get something even if it is a less than ideal solution.
    Almee and Cassta like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Meh. I don't really see it as a quality of life improvement to throw off everyone's 10+ years of expecting to see it at the bottom like it's always been from the start.
    Twyla and Pixistik like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

In the early years, I used to use the holiday harvest option often. In those days the resource requirements for crafting were not so intense as these last couple of years. So now I reserve my ponies to help my guildies have enough regular materials to craft potions, temp adorns, snacks, etc. I have a fairly large stock of holiday harvests from previous years, and the grind for current content doesn't really give me a lot of time to participate in the holiday events.

The game has changed and my usage changed, so I now see a flaw in the flow of the dialogue. I personally believe that having the option to select something with no way to back out of it, when everything else on the selection list can be backed out of, is a design that can be improved on. I've talked to others and have this happen fairly frequently to them as well, so I thought I'd ask for some way to make it better.

If in the end no change ever comes out of it, that's OK too. I can live with a small number of wasted harvest runs every holiday event. But change can't happen if people don't ask.
    Cassta, Twyla and Pixistik like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say no to the option for each character to personalize the options, but I'd imagine that'd be a headache to program.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm not sure moving the holiday harvest on a list of options is good for us, maybe that occasional not every day option for holiday harvests could be programmed with a different style text? different size and/or color of text or background?

Somethign that sticks out so those of us (me included) who sometimes mindlessly click click click would notice somethign unusual.
    Hartsmith, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I'm with Tkia on this, a cancel option after the fact would be fantastic
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One of the things I requested last year was the ability to harvest Frostfell items using the pony without going into the Frostfell village. It can get crowded in there and being able to do this would help.

If it is already available, I've never seen it.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

This is already on pony as part of its "Holiday Harvests" option, only while Frostfell is active of course
    Cassta, Breanna and Dude like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll have to look next Frosfell then. I missed it. Thanks.
    Xillean, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  14. Melkior Well-Known Member

A long as you have upgraded your pony by doing Harvesters Obsession: Beyond the Grave, your pony gains the ability to harvest rare harvests and holiday harvests. If you haven't done that one, make sure you get it done before Frostfell!
    Hartsmith and Cassta like this.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about your pony naturally harvesting while you walk around near harvests-- he wants frostfell harvests outside of the zone so he doesn't have to be in the zone for his pony to harvest when he walks past node.
    Geroblue likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Correct !
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

According to my spreadsheet, I have one pony that does rares. I probably have more than one that can do that though. I currently have 11 pack ponies.

Is there a way to check ? Other than harvesting for 2 hours ?
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Denmum Developer

I don't know how hard it would be to script a way to cancel once the pony has been set out. It would likely need a code request, and with their current pile and the relative priority of this ... it'd likely not happen this year, and possibly not even next. :(
    Xillean, Yenk, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  19. Denmum Developer

Geroblue, if you have "A Gathering Obsession Beyond the Grave" in your completed quest journal on a character, then that character's pony will have the dropdown option to bring back holiday harvests when an event is running that contains holiday harvests. So on the 16th, it will give you the option to bring back holiday harvests, and if you select that option, your pony can bring back Brewday harvests for you every two hours.

If you have completed "A Stitch in Time, Part V: Sealed with Hate", then you have what is called "autonomous harvesting", which means when you run through an area with your pony out, it randomly kicks out a harvest pull from a nearby node.

They're two very different critters - the first one is what the original thread is about, but both are helpful. :D
    Geroblue, Hartsmith, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  20. Cassta Well-Known Member

DITTO! I have the same problem, which is one reason I solo. Some days I am just too slow or constantly hitting the wrong key, which is not helpful to a group or raid. You have no idea how many hotkeys I have deleted during the Chrono PQ. I have the same difficulties trying to talk in say or chat. Hit the wrong key and you have to start all over again. :( I usually do not share these issues, however, in this case it is an important point.