Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the commotion of rowdy revelers located near every player city, and they’ll lead you to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside you’ll find plenty of holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar, including Steinmaster Borric, a cleric of Serilis, who’s looking for some help assembling an altar for the Duke of Below.

Of course, the festivities aren’t just limited to The Bar of Brell, as there are spirited celebrations and opportunities to raise a stein to Brell across Norrath, including Antonica, Kaladim, Loping Plains, Butcherblock Mountains, Enchanted Lands, and Thundering Steppes!

And for those who plan on celebrating by patronizing as many of Norrath’s drinking holes as one can, this Brewday, keep an eye out for different drinks and bar bites to collect along the way.

New Features for '23!
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Kaladim and Kael Drakkel servers - The entire event is active!
    • Varsoon – special holiday merchants and Brews Across Norrath:
      • Located in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District, each has over 20 Brewday-themed house items and equipment pieces—including a mount—for your celebrations!
      • Collect the “Brews Across Norrath” while visiting bars and tap houses in Qeynos, Freeport, Maj’Dul, New Halas, The Commonlands, and Antonica.

Live servers:
    • 5 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XIV" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.

Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Returning special event items can be purchased from Digret Runebrand in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Collections:
      • Brewday Bar Bites
      • More Brews is Good News
      • Brews Across Norrath
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Digret Runebrand in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VIII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IX
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft X
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XIII
      • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Steinmaster Borric, a cleric of Serilis in the Bar of Brell
        • Altar Addition - Grikbar Prayer Necklace
        • Altar Addition - Umbrite Icon of Brell
        • Altar Addition - Deep Muse Prayers
        • Altar Addition: Sabertooth Runic Totem
        • Altar Addition - Terrok Chant Stone
    • Returning quests:
      • "Yours, Stein, and Ours" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale in a Day’s Work" - Repeatable every year
      • "Pressed into the Brewcrew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • "Thurgadin Ice Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Black Swill for Blackswell" - NOT repeatable
      • "Deep Within Hammerhall" - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" – Repeatable

Any feedback submitted after 02/25/2023 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 03/09/2023 at 12:01am PST through 03/22/2023 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Please note that the Chronoportal Phenomenon and Brewday Festival are active at the same time on Test right now, and there are going to be a few days of these events overlapping on live, too. So, if you note any conflict between the two events occurring, please let us know!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Twyla and Kasa like this.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

No problems with the crafted house items or the 5 new Merchant items.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. oakmiser Well-Known Member

If these don't exist on the tle merchant could we please have them?

Green Field Square
    Green Stained Glass Square
    Petamorph Wand: Animated Hops
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Good news! They are some of the items I added to it for this year.

~ Kaitheel
  6. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Thank you so much <3
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I just had a weird bug while serving beers in the basement. On the last round, last mob to serve, 2 beers short from getting the final update, every NPC lost the color cone for drunkenness (that being the one I was getting beer for and the last one I never touched). I spoke to Sam once again to get some beers back and they all got their cone back (including the ones I had sobered up already). I gave the one I was on his last 2 beers and could complete the quest without problems but it was weird, having all of them deactivate then reactivate like if I was starting a new phase.
    (I do have 600/625 alcohol tolerance, but I don't think you can sober up on that quest)
    (I swear I only drank one beer and no whisky!)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

going to be busy, busy, busy.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you for all the nice things we got for Brewday, Kaitheel, but I wished we had gotten at least one outfit too.
    Sigh, maybe next TLE server will get one.
  10. girney Active Member

no new quests or collections?
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Where are the Brew Day merchants on Varsoon? I'm looking all over Qeynos Capitol District with no luck.

I thought for sure I would find them in Irontoes East, but no... and not in Lion's Mane Inn, either.

I found the merchant in Freeport, but no luck at all in Qeynos.
  12. Denmum Developer

I asked a guard for "brew" and he was happy to point me to the spot in the Lion's Mane Inn where the "a boozy celebrator" is standing and drinking a pint or five. :D
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and in Freeport she is inside the "Seafarers Roost".
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. ironkitten New Member

Hope this is the right spot - I am trying to finish buying brews :
    1. Enter the city and purchase Gorowyn Pepper Swill from bartender Eurkon Al'ouz ( 2598, 86, 1325 ) COPY. If you don't fly, take the ramp up and then go left across three platforms to the bartender. ([COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Black Swill for Blackswell[/COLOR])
    It is not listed and I have tried for two days logging in and double checking but it is not listed so I can't complete the quest. If that can be addressed please. Or if someone else has had that problem that can help.
    Thanks.
    love these events just not when they overlap. :)
  15. ironkitten New Member

ok nvm I hadn't picked up the quest like I thought I had.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that's what happens when so many festivals are all lumped together, you get mixed up with what quest comes from what festival, and did I pick it up or was that a different one? I am getting mixed up in my hat just thinking about it, and all that beer and such does not help.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Pity poor Kaitheel; I remember reading once in his "Meet Your Devs! :D" interview that he was horrified when someone suggested a holiday every month... X-P

Erollisi Day->Brewday->Chronoportal Day->Bristlebane's Day->Beast'r whatever->[back in the day; I miss that schedule: Oceansfull->Scorched Sky->Tinkerfest]->Nights of the Dead->Heroes' Festival->Frostfell.

And some of them concurrent... X-P

About the only time the poor sod gets nowadays is, I think, the month of September... :-/

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.