Cannot Reproduce Erollisi's Charm effect cancels itself

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Finnya, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Finnya New Member

On zoning, the sparkle effect from Erollisi's Charm deactivates itself. I have to unequip and re-equip the item in order to make the effect (Glowing Aura) visible again.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

I am unable to reproduce this, but I do not doubt that this is occurring for you, Finnya. Particle effects triggered by spells and items often can conflict with one another, when it comes to priority order. I suspect the culprit is another item or buff you have that also has a particle effect or animation state scripted on it is overwriting the Erollisi Charm, which would explain why then re-equipping it overwrites the other.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Siren, Finnya and 1 other person like this.
  3. Finnya New Member

Thanks for that! Being a Fury, I always "wear" 3 shapeshifting illusions due to self buffs and have my "hide my illusions" option turned on but even after cancelling all of them and turning illusions back on the particle effect from above mentioned item still cancels itself on zoning. :cool:

Not the end of the world of course, just thought I'd point it out because it pretty much renders the item useless (or even more useless than appearance-only items are to begin with lol)

Again, thanks for the response.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.