Not A Bug Barren sky nodes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pixistik, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Test server, able to stand at wood, bushes, and root nodes and just get skillup on same node without ever pulling an item from 10/600 to 232/600. Other zones nodes give items, rocks don't appear to be bugged in Barren sky. From 10 to 232 in about 5 minutes seems a bit faster than was intended... nice tho :)
    Oh and the character is a Wood Elf if that makes any difference, they get a bonus to gathering and foresting.
  2. Denmum Developer

When you are below the skill range for the zone, you have an increased chance of harvesting nothing, but also a better chance at getting a skillup. I know it feels odd, but it is as-intended.
    Twyla, Dude and Pixistik like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I'm good with that, thanks!
    Siren, Dude and Denmum like this.
  4. Denmum Developer

Heh, back when I was a player, I had quite the "fun" time when I realized one of my crafting army didn't have much fishing skill when working on the KA crafting timeline, and she was fishing up a ton of nothing in the Crypt of Dalnir for quite a while and dodging deadly goos at the same time. It was an interesting way to skill up, but not the preferred way to do so safely! :D
    Siren, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I had just never run into a node that would let me pull on it over a hundred times with multiple bountiful harvest yet no items.. first time for everything
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

The Barren Sky nodes are in fact broken, though perhaps (?) not exactly as described here. I have repeatedly run into the situation where low-adventure-level toons doing gathering obsession cannot harvest from them, while having absolutely no issue harvesting in the Bonemire & TT. Very annoying, since Barren Sky has several safe-ish harvesting areas that would otherwise be very handy.

I have reported this (possibly more than once), but nothing had changed by the time I took my next toon through. I have no way to test it now, short of starting a new tradeskiller (not happening lol), since the problem is transient, and goes away one your level is "high enough". I have no idea what "high enough" actually is in this context.

For anyone who wants to contend that its "just a matter of harvesting skillz", let me repeat: the toons this happened to could harvest in the Bonemire and TT without any issues.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

In this case high enough is 228-232, since test has the level 120 baubles for adventure and tradeskill its easy to test it as the bauble maxes everything except harvesting which is odd in and of itself, I do find it a small blessing in that respect.

Boss lady says its not a bug, I can live with that.
  8. Nismo New Member

Barren Sky nodes have been broken since DT (iirc) and Tarinax (100% broken). How long does it take to fix this bug lmao