Fixed Internally Stormy Withers encounter (eye of storm)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Reginal, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Reginal New Member

i dont know if im missing something but this guy is casting his spells way too quick and often. too many times when hes about to use gangway, i run to the platform to survive, only to have a .3 second window to run off before his other spell hits me and knocks me off to my death. Now if im lucky to survive the first "gangway" cast and make it off the platform he usually cast his knockback spell 3-4 more times than he either casts "gangway" instantly or quick enough i dont even see the casting bar pop up also without any text warning like the first time and get instantly killed. i hope this is a bug and not intentional as i dont understand the point of making these SOLO zones so frustrating and damn near impossible for the solo player.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Unayan Active Member

I totally agree it took many deaths until what I call pure luck to beat him. The first couple of deaths before I understood what I needed to do were acceptable but after that experiencing the same issues as the OP was frustrating & not fun. I don't even want to take my alts or my main into that encounter.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Aethos Well-Known Member

If you're running to the platform for gangway, you're doing it backwards. At least in my understanding of the way you've described it here, it sounds like you're doing it backwards. For gangway you want to step off the main platform and onto the little side docks.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In solos, depending on your DPS, you may be able to just ignore Gangway. If he hits you with an incurable detriment, that's what you run onto the fishing platforms to cure, then immediately back off them.
  5. Chrol Developer

The damage from Gangway has been reduced and Bone Spurned will be cast less frequently.
    Twyla likes this.