HELP! Broker Prices

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Harley1Ryder, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Harley1Ryder New Member

I have been on a one year leave from the game and decided to come back after a good rest. Of course I anticipated and expected changes for the game.
    I have noticed on the broker that some items are selling for over one million plat. I have a few items that I wanted to post and sell and of course at a competitive price. Unfortunately, much to my dismay, I can not post anything over 999,999 plat.
    Yes I am an all access member so what do I need to do to be able to sell items on broker for over one million plat? And how do I do this?
    Thank you in advance for any help concerning this petty question. LOL
    Geroblue and Riverbear like this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Welcome back! And welcome to the crazy economy that Norrath now has... :confused:

It's clunky, but you can use the standard UI to price things over 1m plat by entering 999,999p then 999,999g (or any gold amount 101 and up...for instance, adding 200g turns 999,999p into 1,000,001p).

It's not pretty, and takes some kajiggering to get the price you want, but it's an option until they fix the standard UI to account for the crazy economy.

(Alternately, folks have said that DarqUI (third-party UI) lets you enter whatever price you want.)

(Copied myself from this thread about the broker and big money)
    Riverbear and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am using Darqwood's broker pricing UI piece. Basically, at the top right there's a button to click for "higher prices", and you click for as many increments as you need. This module ALSO has a handy pricing tool (the little chart icon in the top left corner... Darqwood explains a little about how to use this piece at EQ2Interface).

To get this installed, first grab DarqUI Unified. Download it and unzip it into a folder somewhere, then run DarqUI Unified.exe.

The utility runs and you then click Check for Updates. You can ignore most of this. Check "skip file" for everything except Set Prices (Broker). At the top, click Update 1 File. By default, it will create a folder (mine went to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\DarqUI_v3).

If you are already running a custom UI of some kind, just copy and paste the eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml file into your custom UI folder. If you are running the default UI, the DarqUI Utility will guide you through the steps needed to get your new file installed and working. Everything else will still be the same as it was, you'll just have a better window for setting prices.

Here's what it looks like:

[IMG]
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  4. Harley1Ryder New Member

Thank you both for this helpful information. And may the godz of Norrath make us all rich lol
    Riverbear and Shmogre like this.
  5. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I was directed to your post by a friend and I am trying to follow the directions. I downloaded the DarqUI unified and located the file eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml. I could not find a way to only install the broker feature (I think I am missing something) and since I do not want to replace the default UI with DarqUI, I didn't want to use the option that said use this as the default UI. I tried copying the file into the default UI folder, but it is overwritten by the default UI file when I log on. Any hints you could give me in figuring out what I need to do to get this broker issue resolved would be greatly appreciated.

That being said: How lame is it when the default UI doesn't keep up with the inflationary prices in the game? 9,999,999 plat is better than it was, but folks are listing stuff for well over 100 million plat these days. Daybreak needs to give us a "break" and address this issue!
    Riverbear likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, inside your Everquest II installation folder, there is a UI folder: {path to wherever this actually is installed}\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\

Navigate to that UI folder, and create a new folder. Call it something like DarqUI

Inside that DarqUI folder is where you put eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml

Now, you just need to let the game know to USE that new file.

Back up in your ...\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II\ folder, you need a new file. Open Notepad.exe and create a file with this text:

cl_ui_skinname DarqUI
    cl_ui_subdir UI/

Save the file as eq2.ini -- make sure it doesn't tack .txt on the end.

Now, when you start up EQ2, it will look first at that new file, which will tell it that it needs to load your setprice window.
    Katzandra and Xillean like this.
  7. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! I was able to get it to work!
    Riverbear and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. select20 Member

So what am I missing, I installed Darqui, I see everything said here, but the broker still only allows 9,999,999 max. What am I not doing right?

Of course, 5 miins after posting, I figure it out
    Riverbear and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Rawdogme New Member

Hi, I'm currently having issues setting this up. This next part might be a little confusing, but just bare with me, I am a returning EQ2 player and these next few lines are just to catch me up on how the broker works presently.

Now i'm slightly confused, the current plat limit is 50m correct? The OP was questioning how to post items over 1m plat, yet i'm seeing items on the broker for 3.5b+, the item in question is in fact a krono.

all that being said, I went and updated the files on Darqui Unified, and it keeps popping up with "could not be downloaded" I'm not sure where the XML document should be or even is. I can't find it anywhere, I deleted and reinstalled the DarqUI unified addon, and still nothing.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are things on the broker at higher rices than the current limit because they were there before the limit was changed. YOu can't buy them anyway.

For more help beyond what I posted above, go to EQ2Interface.com and ask in the DarqUI page there. Though he has a helpful how to video linked there you might watch first.